Poll

For Our PF/C Addition And Extra Frontcourt Help, Would You Entertain Adding Either Henson Or Vucevic?

Yes. John Henson.
4 (14.8%)
Yes. Nikola Vucevic.
11 (40.7%)
I Like Both, So Either Would Be Fine (Depends On Who Is "Cheaper" Also In Trade)
4 (14.8%)
Nope. Don't Want Either. Want Someone Else (Comment Below!)
8 (29.6%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: For Our PF/C Addition, John Henson Or Nikola Vucevic Anybody?  (Read 5537 times)

Re: For Our PF/C Addition, John Henson Or Nikola Vucevic Anybody?
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2017, 10:28:35 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
So, we renounce KO, and trade AB / Crowder. We sign Hayward.

Vucevic / Zizic
Horford
Hayward / Brown
Smart / Fultz
IT / Rozier

The defense would be rough, but that's a fun team.

I think Vucevic would fit really well with this team, so I've tried on roster-builder.com to add him as well as Hayward. It is doable, but if I recall correctly you have to trade Rozier as well.  I've also had them drafting Swanigan at 37 to provide more rebounding help. For me, this is the best case scenario for this offseason I think Vuc is such a huge rebounding upgrade that he gives us a net positive on the defensive end. Not as good defensively as Amir, but he's so much better rebounding I believe it would net out to a positive on that end if the court.

I think we can sign Hayward just by trading Avery to a team with cap space. That basically puts us right at the projected cap.

We can then renounce KO and trade Crowder + picks for Vuc. It should all work without Rozier, so long as Yabu is left abroad and Jackson is traded.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2017, 10:36:16 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

Vucevic / Zizic
Horford
Hayward / Brown
Smart / Fultz
IT / Rozier

I think Vucevic would fit really well with this team, so I've tried on roster-builder.com to add him as well as Hayward. It is doable, but if I recall correctly you have to trade Rozier as well.  I've also had them drafting Swanigan at 37 to provide more rebounding help. For me, this is the best case scenario for this offseason I think Vuc is such a huge rebounding upgrade that he gives us a net positive on the defensive end. Not as good defensively as Amir, but he's so much better rebounding I believe it would net out to a positive on that end if the court.
Horford will have a real hard time defending stretch 4's in the playoffs.

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2017, 10:38:55 PM »

Offline notthebowler

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 27

Vucevic / Zizic
Horford
Hayward / Brown
Smart / Fultz
IT / Rozier

I think we can sign Hayward just by trading Avery to a team with cap space. That basically puts us right at the projected cap.

We can then renounce KO and trade Crowder + picks for Vuc. It should all work without Rozier, so long as Yabu is left abroad and Jackson is traded.

True.  Where I kept getting into trouble is filling out the rest of the 13 man roster. I think I was adding Nader and bringing back Green at a mil and JJ around the same amount he made this year. That may have been my problem right there.

Regardless, I think that team gets by the Cavs. I'll admit I think Fultz is going to be really special - even as a rookie - but that is a really talented group who can attack just about any position.

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2017, 10:46:05 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

Vucevic / Zizic
Horford
Hayward / Brown
Smart / Fultz
IT / Rozier

True.  Where I kept getting into trouble is filling out the rest of the 13 man roster. I think I was adding Nader and bringing back Green at a mil and JJ around the same amount he made this year. That may have been my problem right there.

Regardless, I think that team gets by the Cavs. I'll admit I think Fultz is going to be really special - even as a rookie - but that is a really talented group who can attack just about any position.
IMO Fultz and Brown will get 30mpg

I think Brown will blow up for us this coming season......Fultz too.

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2017, 11:24:37 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I wouldn't mind either, although would prefer Vucevic simply because his production is significantly higher than Henson's.

Despite his defensive woes, his ability to score and rebound, plus be a decent passer for a 7 footer would all help this team a lot. Considering some of the contracts floating around, that 12-13 mark is an absolute bargain for a guy who will comfortably give you 15 points and 10 boards nightly, with a few assists.

Henson is a bit more of a mystery. After an amazing sophomore year, he has almost regressed somewhat into simply a decent back up big man. Granted, he hasn't been able to get more than 20mpg since that year, nor has he been too healthy (less than 60 games in each of his last 2 seasons), yet many still expect more out of him. However his per36 numbers are pretty off the chart, so I'm not sure whether it's a case of not getting opportunities, or just performing well against back ups.

Ultimately, would prefer Vuc, but either would be an upgrade over the big guys we're losing (Olynyk vs Henson is debatable).

Actually, Vucevic is the 18th ranked center in defensive RPM.  Not great, but definitely NOT horrible!!!!

Keep in mind that Horford is ranked 38th in defensive RPM in this same list!!

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/DRPM/position/9

Vucevic is ranked 14th in WINS for centers.

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/WINS/position/9

Also, he shoots over 50% for his career and almost 72% at the FT line!!  And he is averaging 9.9 rebounds per game in only 29.9 minutes!!

And he is only 26!!!

Give me Big V to play with our new Big Al all day long!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2017, 02:52:03 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Vucevic / Zizic
Horford
Hayward / Brown
Smart / Fultz
IT / Rozier

IMO Fultz and Brown will get 30mpg

I think Brown will blow up for us this coming season......Fultz too.

Combined (sarcasm) ;)? ;D

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2017, 07:44:43 AM »

Offline nebist

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 67
I think both would be solid additions to our big man rotation with manageable contract situations.  I agree with most here that Vucevic is a pretty good fit with us.  His rebounding would be a big help, and he is enough of a scoring threat as a 4th/5th option to keep the other team honest.  In our egalitarian system that is an important factor.

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2017, 08:02:53 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
Vucevic is my choice.  He can rebound and is a good shooter.  I think he is one of those big men that can extend out to 3pt range.  Plus it doesn't hurt that his contract is for 12.7m for 2 more years.  Great KO replacement if the C's do not resign Kelly because they land a Big time FA.

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2017, 08:12:26 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Henson doesn't do it for me. He's one dimensional. I don't see him as an upgrade.

Vucevic, though, is an underrated defender and an underrated passer. The pairing with Horford might make it awkward guarding quicker lineups but they could potentially beat up on smaller teams in the post while still stretching the floor. Vuc isn't much of a 3 point shooter but he has something like KG-range on his mid range shot and might be a candidate to get that to the 3 point line a la Marc Gasol.

It might be worth a try if he could be had at a reasonable price. His contract is certainly reasonable.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008