Author Topic: #1 for Nikola Jokic  (Read 6913 times)

Re: #1 for Nikola Jokic
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2017, 08:07:57 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
I'd do the 18 Brooklyn pick and some of our guards
Only if you think Jokic is better than the highly touted big men in the 2018 draft.  I really don't know the answer to that b/c I haven't followed that draft class yet.

Then next year people will be crying that we missed an opportunity to draft Bamba or Michael Porter. No.Thank.You.

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2017, 08:18:36 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Nuggets are stacked at guard and #1 is probably too much in C's eyes. Not any real chance of a deal between the two teams. 

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2017, 08:48:45 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
I think this is a fair deal, though Denver would never do it. Yes, Jokic is flawed defensively but he brings so much to the offensive side and of course, he's a proven commodity. I think that if you plan on keeping Bradley and Thomas here long term, it would be a deal worth doing. If you think we need a backup plan for one of them leaving, the four years on Fultz's deal remaining would be valuable, perhaps more valuable than the two years Jokic has.

Jesus, I didn't realize Jokic being a 2nd rounder is only making 2.9 million the next TWO YEARS combined. That would go a long way in cap space flexibility this and next offseason. Denver really is in a nice spot right now with Harris, Hernangomez, Jokic, and a bunch of solid players on cheap deals they could move easily. If Mudiay had shown more improvement this year they'd be in a better place, but you can't get all the picks right.

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2017, 11:00:02 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Nuggets are stacked at guard

That stack is pretty shakey is your considering Emmanuel Mudiay part of it.

.378 FG%

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2017, 03:18:15 PM »

Offline GRADYCOLNON

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
I'd be tempted to trade Isaiah for Jokic, but that is only because I expect Fultz to be taken with the first pick.  Otherwise, I think I'd trade Crowder and Nets 2018 and Clips 2019 and Mem 2019.

I think Jokic would be the perfect fit for the Celtics.  His passing, his handling, and his shooting would make all of our role-players on a pedestal. 

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2017, 03:38:39 PM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48

.378 FG%
Id say we are stacked at gaurd and Marcus Smart is part of it.

.359 FG%

Although Smart is wayyy better than Mudiay and Thomas is way better than anything they have and Fultz is a way better prospect than anything they have.

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2017, 03:39:42 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I love Jokic. I love Markelle more.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2017, 03:55:15 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Probably not a great trade for either team. I don't think Jokic will ever be a top 10 player. But he's valuable to Denver, and fits what they're doing. IMO, he looks like a guy who can be the #2 player on a contender, but Denver will need a great player to pair with him if they expect to become a contender.

Fultz is 3 years younger, will be under a more manageable contract for longer, and who knows, may have a higher ceiling. If I were Ainge, I'd be inclined to not want this deal either. Jokic isn't a no-brainer like Anthony Davis.

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2017, 04:27:40 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

.378 FG%
Doesn't matter Murray and Harris are the starters both looked really good by the end of the year. They also have Barton. That is stacked with young good talent. They have no one of note behind Jokic.

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2017, 04:50:55 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
You'd really have to like Jokic a LOT more than Fultz since he has two fewer years less on his contract and will almost certainly be up for a max contract in 2019. Can you imagine what our salary cap would be with IT/Horford/Hayward/Jokic all on new CBA max contracts? Yikes.

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2017, 04:53:15 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Doesn't matter Murray and Harris are the starters both looked really good by the end of the year. They also have Barton. That is stacked with young good talent. They have no one of note behind Jokic.

Stacked implies depth.

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2017, 05:10:40 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
We're not trading the #1 overall pick. Period. I think maybe folks are overestimating the chances of any #1 pick being traded, because of what happened with Wiggins/Love, in a year where there is a consensus #1 prospect. You never pass on the best player in the draft, unless you literally have LeBron James already on the team.

That said, our BKN 18 looks better than ever, we clearly have excess guards, and the future Memphis and Clippers picks have real value depending on how free agency looks. Memphis could legitimately go in the tank, and the Clippers will have to make major moves to tread water.

IMO, if you're trying to get someone like Jokic or Porzingis, you have to offer something like all of those future picks which at least have the upside of being a huge coup for the other team.

For example, you offer BKN 18, MEM 19, Zizic, Rozier, Yabusele to Denver for Jokic. They could be getting a replacement center on a rookie deal, two additional prospects, two top-5 picks, and getting themselves back into the high lottery next year. It could be the difference between picking say #12 and #15 the next two years, versus #3, #5 and #5.

Does it happen? Probably not. These things are almost always "both sides say no". But that's the kind of price I'd be looking to pay if I'm the Cs.

IT / Fultz / Brown / Jokic  / Horford ...?

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2017, 05:25:39 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

Stacked implies depth.
And young promising talent. Murray and Harris aren't scrubs.

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2017, 06:11:56 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Picking a big is difficult because we have no way of knowing who the "acceptable" bigs are to Danny and the coach. Maybe that should be a title of a thread.

Who do you figure are the "acceptable" bigs that might be available?  Starting with Davis, who likely would be acceptable. I'm not sure about anybody else.

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2017, 06:51:01 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Jokic is a superstar at age 21. He posted a BPM of 8.3 last year, which is frankly ridiculous. For contrast Hayward had a career year and his BPM was half of that. The nuggets would be nuts to trade him, and the Celtics would be nuts if they turned him down.