Author Topic: Overreaction Theater: What happens to Cavs if Warriors sweep?  (Read 14177 times)

Re: Overreaction Theater: What happens to Cavs if Warriors sweep?
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2017, 01:48:28 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I don't think the Cavs will be swept. But I do think they'll loose in 6 or 7.

Immediately Lebron will realize his legacy is in play, and that's serious business in his head. He'll need to blame someone other than himself, and his first choice of whipping boys is always Kevin Love. Poor Kevin, he can't seem to do everything perfectly in his masters eyes.

His next choice to blame is the ownership not providing him with the proper pieces to add to his legacy. He'll question if the Cavs ownership really want to win another championship. He'll challenge them to spend more money, and pay more in luxury taxes. He can't blame the coach because well... that's his job.

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2017, 02:06:40 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I don't think there's a lot they can do, as they're pretty deeply leveraged to put together this current team.

Trading Love seems like the most obvious solution, but it's not clear for whom.  And they have to ask the question -- is it worth trading Love for pieces to maybe have a better chance against the Warriors if it undermines their ability to so thoroughly dominate the East?

Love has been pretty good against the Cavs' Eastern Conference opponents.

Honestly, I don't know if they necessarily need to do anything.  Kyrie - LeBron - Love - Thompson is going to continue to dominate the East for at least another few years, and simply getting to the Finals with a healthy LeBron on your team (even as he gets to age 33, 34, 35) should be enough to give you a chance of winning a title if the Warriors have some bad luck with injuries or suspensions.

That's what happened last season after all.  A confluence of factors created an opening for the Cavs to steal a title, and they did so in epic fashion.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2017, 02:12:24 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
They should trade Lebron to the Celtics for Brown, Fultz and Brooklyn 2018.

Celtics say no
I seriously doubt that

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2017, 03:38:20 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Lebron is shown the be correct ....it .is good to be th KIng and be right all the time... :D

;D ;D ;D........HELP. ....I needs sumbody .....helpppppppppppppppp...pleeeeeeeeease.

Shoot ....Lebron is only TWO more stars away from contending!  Imagine that !   Soooo close.

Get dat  man sum HELP already !   ;D
This is what makes it sweet for the Warriors to win. I think Durant wanted to show him how to build a true super team and Has.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2017, 04:24:01 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 322
Cavs should boost their interior frontcourt depth and stock up on shooters. They have room to improve a starter to couple with Irving in the back court.

If I were the Cleveland GM, I'd go after the following guys: JJ Reddick, Patty Mills, Taj Gibson, Tony Allen, and Bogdanavic. Nothing to move the needle that much, but its hard to make big moves around their Big 3 contracts.

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2017, 05:00:07 PM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
Lebron is shown the be correct ....it .is good to be th KIng and be right all the time... :D

;D ;D ;D........HELP. ....I needs sumbody .....helpppppppppppppppp...pleeeeeeeeease.

Shoot ....Lebron is only TWO more stars away from contending!  Imagine that !   Soooo close.

TP for the laugh!

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2017, 09:54:04 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1574

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2017, 10:22:03 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

The Cavs need 2 more stars but somehow Lebron is the greatest ever? He has been almost a non factor in the second half.

« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2017, 10:40:07 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
If the Cavs get swept, we should rebuild. Trade everyone over 25 for whatever picks and youth teams will give us. Tank as much as we can next year to give ourselves two top lottery picks for 2018. Wind up with...

Fultz
Smart
Brown
Porter
Ayton

Plus a bench with Rozier, Yabusele, Zizic, random vets. Let that starting lineup ripen, and hope it contains 3-4 stars. Wait for Golden State to unravel due to age, injury, and/or luxury tax. What else can we do if the Warriors are so good that they sweep the Cavs.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2017, 10:42:00 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
^ sounds like a good idea on paper but realistically its probably hard to go from #1 to top of lotto

But would love to have porter and ayton

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2017, 10:45:09 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
^ sounds like a good idea on paper but realistically its probably hard to go from #1 to top of lotto

But would love to have porter and ayton

We'd be getting rid of an entire starting lineup and most of the bench contributors. I'd say that should do the trick.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2017, 10:54:32 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
When the Cavs get beat (they won't get swept), Lebron calls up his buddy Dwyane and pays him to opt out of his contract with Chicago and sign with the Cavs for whatever exception the Cavs have available.

The Cavs then trade a bunch of garbage for Carmelo and create The SuperFriends 2.0

« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2017, 10:56:27 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1574

The Cavs need 2 more stars but somehow Lebron is the greatest ever? He has been almost a non factor in the second half.

Don't know, i refuse to watch NBA garbage other than celtics. i did see lebum lost. good news!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2017, 11:06:28 PM »

Offline DinoGanga

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 31
Funny thing is, I believe Crowder and Bradley would be huge upgrades for
Them at their weakest spots. They could provide some defense and more
Shooting. But they have nothing to offer. Except maybe Love but he makes too much money.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Washington Wizards

PG: Darren Collison / Elfrid Payton / Tim Frazier
SG: Avery Bradley / Seth Curry
SF: Jae Crowder / Shaun Kilpatrick / Marcus Thornton
PF: LeBron James / Derrick Williams / JJ Hickson
C: Jusuf Nurkic / Meyers Leonard / Nikola Pekovic

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2017, 01:42:46 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Funny thing is, I believe Crowder and Bradley would be huge upgrades for
Them at their weakest spots. They could provide some defense and more
Shooting. But they have nothing to offer. Except maybe Love but he makes too much money.
Throw in Rozier or Smart and the trade for Love works and makes some sense for both sides. We could also toss in TZ as a backup big too if they wanted. SG has been a big issue with JR Smith's demise as has overall defense for the Cavs. They'd have to play more small ball if they do this trade.

We need another scorer and a PF. We'd also have room if a trade occurred to get a second tier FA or to keep KO and bring Yabu to the NBA if he's ready. Between Fultz, IT and Love we'd have 3 scorers.Cavs would have 2 + AB, but they'd have a much better defense.

I think the Cavs WOULD have to do something one way or the other because barring some miracle, they'd going to lose these Finals and not be very competitive in the process. Getting back to the Finals isn't their goal.

I don't see Carmello being an elixir either if Cavs want to beat GSW. They need more defense.