Author Topic: Cleveland's Adjustments for Game 2  (Read 2155 times)

Re: Cleveland's Adjustments for Game 2
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2017, 12:28:27 PM »

Offline showtime

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 20
can you say sweep!!  Durant is the best player on the floor, it's over!!

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2017, 12:47:00 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
I was surprised at how completely innefective Lebron was at guarding Durant. Durant looked like he was playing against a rookie Olynyk. You can't stop Durant but at least force him to shoot contested jumpers. They don't have a defender with length that can keep up with him except maybe Derrick Williams. They should dust him off and throw him on Durant for a bit and give Lebron a break on defense
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 01:12:34 PM by hpantazo »

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2017, 01:16:46 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I was surprised at how completely innefective Lebron was at guarding Durant. Durant looked like he was playing against a rookie Olynyk. You can't stop Durant but at least force him to shoot contested jumpers. They don't have a defender with length that can keep up with him except maybe Derrick Williams. They should dust him off and throw him on Durant for a bit and give Lebron a break on defense
This was a takeaway of mine from the game too. LeBron's defence was average at best, especially in the first half. It certainly didn't help when they put old man Jefferson on him. Not to take anything away from Durant, who, despite spurning us and signing for the Warriors  >:( , is still a complete nightmare on that end of the court.

Getting no points from TT, Korver and Deron was probably the biggest factor though. They would usually contribute ~20 points, yet they were nowhere to be seen on that end.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2017, 01:20:36 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
They must be more careful with the ball. A turnover margin of -16 guarantees defeat.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2017, 01:32:25 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
I think Golden State can exploit the age and footspeed of the older players on the Cavs more than really any other team. Korver does not seem like he is going to be playable this series because Klay or Durant makes a mockery of him if he tries to guard them. Smith looks like he doesn't belong on the floor. I do think Tristan can bounce back, but maybe Green is also just making him irrelevant. The Warriors one weakness, weak at center, is not something the Cavs can exploit.

For those curious the Warriors are 9 point favorites for game 2.