Author Topic: NBA Finals 2016-2017 thread  (Read 85327 times)

Re: NBA Finals 2016-2017 thread
« Reply #750 on: June 14, 2017, 10:25:11 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
I think I've heard every spin possible from Durant/GSW apologists. If you honestly can't see why so many people have taken issue with everything that's happened, starting just over 11 months ago, there is really no point trying to explain it you again now.
Why does it have to be spin? Why can't someone just honestly think it's ok?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #751 on: June 14, 2017, 10:39:00 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
A lot of Lebron fanboys whining today. The Celtics have had several super teams including the original big three plus Ainge, DJ and Walton , and especially  the Russell era hall of fame roster.

The Lakers had super teams, so did the Jordan era Bulls and the Spurs. And of course Lebrons Heat teams.

Kudos to GS and Durant. A well earned banner. I look forward to watching the next Celtics super team end their run. You know, the team that was a #1 seed and still got the #1 pick and more coming.

Windhorst on Mike & Mike this morning was right on cue.   You could practically see Lebron's team pulling the strings.    Lot of backhanded compliments on ESPN this morning.  Greenberg kept pulling "something seems different about this one", seemingly trying to cheapen what GSW just accomplished.   

I don't really get it.  What's going on right now isn't new.
Greeny hasn't like the Durant move from the beginning though.  His overall point is, the Warriors were basically a champion and were able to add a top 3 player in the world simply because of a weird cap explosion that really hasn't happened before.  If the cap didn't explode, the Warriors don't sign Durant and the league is vastly different right now.  That is all he was getting at. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #752 on: June 14, 2017, 10:51:11 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
A lot of Lebron fanboys whining today. The Celtics have had several super teams including the original big three plus Ainge, DJ and Walton , and especially  the Russell era hall of fame roster.

The Lakers had super teams, so did the Jordan era Bulls and the Spurs. And of course Lebrons Heat teams.

Kudos to GS and Durant. A well earned banner. I look forward to watching the next Celtics super team end their run. You know, the team that was a #1 seed and still got the #1 pick and more coming.

Windhorst on Mike & Mike this morning was right on cue.   You could practically see Lebron's team pulling the strings.    Lot of backhanded compliments on ESPN this morning.  Greenberg kept pulling "something seems different about this one", seemingly trying to cheapen what GSW just accomplished.   

Greeny hasn't like the Durant move from the beginning though.  His overall point is, the Warriors were basically a champion and were able to add a top 3 player in the world simply because of a weird cap explosion that really hasn't happened before.  If the cap didn't explode, the Warriors don't sign Durant and the league is vastly different right now.  That is all he was getting at.

And how about Windy?  What was his excuse?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #753 on: June 14, 2017, 12:42:54 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

didn't hear his comments so I have no idea what he actually said (I was basing my previous on Greeny on things he has said in the past, I didn't listen today or yesterday or whenever this happened).  That said, I suspect it was much of the same reasoning.  I mean I've basically heard two real complaints.  1. is about the cap.  2. is about Durant going to the team that eliminated him and is "poor form" or some such nonsense. 

For the record, I've consistently said I have no issue with any player going to any team at any time.  I mean except Durant, because he was supposed to come to Boston.  Other than that I have no issue. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #754 on: June 14, 2017, 06:56:35 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

didn't hear his comments so I have no idea what he actually said (I was basing my previous on Greeny on things he has said in the past, I didn't listen today or yesterday or whenever this happened).  That said, I suspect it was much of the same reasoning.  I mean I've basically heard two real complaints.  1. is about the cap.  2. is about Durant going to the team that eliminated him and is "poor form" or some such nonsense. 

For the record, I've consistently said I have no issue with any player going to any team at any time.  I mean except Durant, because he was supposed to come to Boston.  Other than that I have no issue.

If Lebron was smart he would cut ties with Windhorst. I am pretty confident that guy has cost Lebron popularity overall. His article the other day where he tried to compare Jordan not winning a title when he came back with two weeks left in the season was transparent and sleazy and made it harder for the casual fan to like Lebron and appreciate him. Does Lebron ever tell him to pipe down> People are too smart to not see through the fanboy routine and it insults people's intelligence to have it passed off as journalism at this point.

« Reply #755 on: June 14, 2017, 08:21:09 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I still think Durant would've stayed in OKC.