Author Topic: Give examples of two Amazing passers playing together  (Read 7132 times)

Re: Give examples of two Amazing passers playing together
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2017, 05:15:01 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
There have been some great passers who didn't tally huge assists totals due to their position, aka not having the ball in their hands a ton. ALso, there have been some uderrated guys because their team generally shared the ball well.

Rose and Noah were good before they both fell off their respective cliffs.

Malone was a great passer alongside Stockton. Very underrated.

Divac was a great passer, and he played with Magic for a few years.

And when he was on the kings... pretty much that whole team could pass. C Webb was good, so was Bibby. That team shared the ball nicely.

Same with the Parker/Duncan?Manu Spurs. They likely all sacrificed stats to win.

Easy with describing efficient passers as 'great passers'. I do not think of Karl Malone's game and think 'great passer'. We tend to throw around the 'great' designation to liberally these days.  If Karl Malone was a great passer what was Jason Kidd? What was Magic Johnson?

IMO Malone was a great passer for his position. What big man of his era was better, aside from maybe Vlade or Webber?

Malone does not stand out as a big man passer. You know who really stands out as a passing big? Sabonis, now he was a great passer.

« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2017, 05:25:09 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Stockton and Malone.

« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2017, 05:32:17 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Curry, Iguodala, and Draymond.

Parker, Ginobili, Duncan, Diaw. That 14 team was amazing.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 05:37:32 PM by PhoSita »
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2017, 06:11:09 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I don't think it happens very often.

Well how many "amazing" passers are there in the league at any one time?  If there's only a handful, then they won't end up on the same team too often.

Webber/Divac worked great (but both big men), and you can add Brad Miller to that mix too.

That's my 2