Poll

We Strike Out On Hayward. Willing To Sign Rudy Gay or Danilo Gallinari?

Yes. Rudy Gay.
0 (0%)
Yes. Danilo Gallinari.
4 (21.1%)
No. Too Risky. Go Another Route (Comment Below!)
13 (68.4%)
They'll Make WAY MORE Than 22M/Year (Close To Max).
2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Is Rudy Gay/Danilo Gallinari (22M/Year) A Better Investment Than 'Max' Hayward  (Read 3128 times)

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If we don't somehow sign Hayward,  I will be riding the Melo train (and have been for a while). No way to either of these guys unless they come in under like $15M over two or so years. We have a good thing going, otherwise.

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Doubt Ainge would bite on Gay/Gallinari. His target is Hayward. If he doesn't get him, he might go Griffin or Millsap, or even deal Bradley plus picks for Butler or George--if he can sign George. In either case, he drafts Fultz. Now if Anthony Davis is available for that #1 pick, that could change the picture.

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
Doubt Ainge would bite on Gay/Gallinari. His target is Hayward. If he doesn't get him, he might go Griffin or Millsap, or even deal Bradley plus picks for Butler or George--if he can sign George. In either case, he drafts Fultz. Now if Anthony Davis is available for that #1 pick, that could change the picture.

Idk, I agree with most of what you say BUT Gallinari has been on Ainge's radar for a LONG TIME.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me to see him go hard after him if they whiff on everyone (including the likes of Millsap, Melo).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
If we don't somehow sign Hayward,  I will be riding the Melo train (and have been for a while). No way to either of these guys unless they come in under like $15M over two or so years. We have a good thing going, otherwise.

I've heard people say he's got some 15% trade kicker, which means we would pay him 30M/Year anyways, maybe even a little more than what Hayward is projected to get.

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Idk, I agree with most of what you say BUT Gallinari has been on Ainge's radar for a LONG TIME.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me to see him go hard after him if they whiff on everyone (including the likes of Millsap, Melo).
Why do you say Gallinari has been on Ainge's radar?  I've heard some posters say it but I can't remember Ainge ever saying he wants Gallinari.

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Why do you say Gallinari has been on Ainge's radar?  I've heard some posters say it but I can't remember Ainge ever saying he wants Gallinari.

I mean more along the lines of the C's looking at a certain player for a while.

Sort of like with Kevin Love lol. I do believe Gallinari has been a trade target for them for a while, but maybe not anymore with all the injuries.