Author Topic: Does Brook Lopez get traded at the draft?  (Read 3838 times)

Re: Does Brook Lopez get traded at the draft?
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2017, 01:52:54 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
In his last 3 seasons he's played over 70 games in each, which is pretty impressive considering he only managed 17 in 13-14.
His game changed a lot last season, becoming a lot more perimeter orientated - his 2PA per game was his lowest since his rookie year, and he was knocking down almost two 3's a game at ~35%.
However, his rebounding leaves a lot to be desired, especially for someone who is 7' and 280lbs.

So in regard to his value, it should be somewhat high, as he has proven himself throughout his career to be a very capable offensive player. Whether or not Brooklyn is able to find a suitor, however, is a very different question.

Would Milwaukee potentially be interested? Something like:
Henson, Teletovic and #17

for

Lopez and #27

Not sure how well Lopez would fit, but he can space the floor, which would be very handy next to the Greek Freak. Henson is solid, but hasn't improved too much since his rookie year, and Teletovic is alright, but nothing impressive.

Not sure if Brooklyn would take this, but I'm not sure what they could get for Brook.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2017, 02:01:17 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
If Minnesota wants a vet, Lopez for Pekovic and #7 might be a decent fit.  I think KAT and Lopez could play together, personally.  The question is how much does Lopez cost next year if that fit works out.

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2017, 02:06:23 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
If Minnesota wants a vet, Lopez for Pekovic and #7 might be a decent fit.  I think KAT and Lopez could play together, personally.  The question is how much does Lopez cost next year if that fit works out.
the front-court defense there would be awful. Offensively that team would be frightening.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2017, 12:49:58 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
Honestly, I think he stays. He'll be available if a team wants to give up a good asset, but I just don't see the team willing to send Brooklyn a late lottery pick or something similar. With Lin and Brook both healthy last year they were just run-of-the-mill bad last season, not dumpster-fire bad, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them take Evan Turner off Portland's hands for a first, draft three rookies in the first round, and do some work around the edges to win something like 30 games next season.