Author Topic: Does Brook Lopez get traded at the draft?  (Read 3837 times)

Does Brook Lopez get traded at the draft?
« on: June 01, 2017, 01:43:02 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
I mean, he has to be traded sometime this year, right? He's 29, in the final year of his contract, and almost certainly not going to resign in Brooklyn (at least not unless they throw him the max). The draft wil be the final time that Brooklyn can receive any decent sort of value for him, and that amount will be substantially smaller if they wait until the deadline.

Brooklyn moving Lopez would be perfect for us, because outside of them pulling off some type of heist, they wil almost certainly be the worst team in the league once again next year without Lopez. The problem is that it's difficult to find a decent team fit for him.

Phoenix could be one fit, and I could see a three way trade happening where Bledsoe went to Detroit, Lopez went to Phoenix, and Detroit's #12 pick and other salary went to Brooklyn.

I could also see LA wanting Lopez to help draw George next year, and maybe they give up someone like Russell to get him, especially if they draft Ball.

What are some other Lopez trades you could see happening that would benefit our Brooklyn pick?

Re: Does Brook Lopez get traded at the draft?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 01:55:55 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
Noah + 8 + O'Quinn + 2018 1st (top 5 protected)

For

Lopez + 27

New York gets out of Noah's contract with a clear upgrade.  Brooklyn takes on Noah but moves up 19 spots, gets a nice center prospect, and get a pick next year
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 02:02:47 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
we all sure hope so.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 02:06:17 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
The crazy thing is that even though the Nets don't have their pick this year, the best possible thing for them to do is to trade all their good players for picks and get worse next season lol

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 02:11:06 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915

For

Lopez + 27

New York gets out of Noah's contract with a clear upgrade.  Brooklyn takes on Noah but moves up 19 spots, gets a nice center prospect, and get a pick next year

Sounds interesting in terms of value, but what is NY going to do with Lopez? They're not winning this year and won't want to give him the max next year.

Mike

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 02:26:19 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
I just don't see a team that will give up much for him. Portland has to lower it's taxes and has contracts to match but he would be a backup there. We shall see. I think he will stay a Net. He is their team.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 02:39:47 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
I mean, he has to be traded sometime this year, right? He's 29, in the final year of his contract, and almost certainly not going to resign in Brooklyn (at least not unless they throw him the max).

I don't know about this.  After all he did just re-sign with them in 2015 coming off a 38 win season, and with Pierce and Garnett already gone, and Deron days away from his own buyout, surely he saw the writing on the wall even then, but still he chose to re-sign.  It's the only team he's ever played for, having spent all 9 seasons with them, so I wouldn't be surprised if he stays.

A lot will depend on what happens with free agency this off season, because hard to know now who will have cap room in a year, but as of now, what do you expect his next contract to look like and what teams would want him?

Assuming he puts up similar numbers to the last 2 that's 20ppg, 6-8rpg, 2apg, 1.7bpg for a guy who has been healthy for 4 straight years and will be 30.  What's the market going to be for that?

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 02:48:20 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I mean, he has to be traded sometime this year, right? He's 29, in the final year of his contract, and almost certainly not going to resign in Brooklyn (at least not unless they throw him the max). The draft wil be the final time that Brooklyn can receive any decent sort of value for him, and that amount will be substantially smaller if they wait until the deadline.

Brooklyn moving Lopez would be perfect for us, because outside of them pulling off some type of heist, they wil almost certainly be the worst team in the league once again next year without Lopez. The problem is that it's difficult to find a decent team fit for him.

Phoenix could be one fit, and I could see a three way trade happening where Bledsoe went to Detroit, Lopez went to Phoenix, and Detroit's #12 pick and other salary went to Brooklyn.

I could also see LA wanting Lopez to help draw George next year, and maybe they give up someone like Russell to get him, especially if they draft Ball.

What are some other Lopez trades you could see happening that would benefit our Brooklyn pick?

I could see the Lakers maybe offering up a Russell and Mozgov for Lopez deal in order to create roster stability and clear cap.

With the suns roster it doesn't make much sense going after Lopez but they need to make a move so maybe something happens.

If the Suns owners can continue to be patient they may have a great opportunity to add another piece to their sold young core. They already have the #4 pick if they can convince Detriot (who wants a vet) to make a Bledsoe + #32 for #12, Ish Smith and Baynes deal they could draft the following combo(based on DXs mock). #4 Fox and #12 Anunoby.

If Fox and Anunoby pan out they would have a potential future starting lineup of Fox, Booker, Anunoby, Chriss and Bender. That is a very athletic versatile group

A dark horse Lopez trading partner could be the bucks they could trade Monroe and #17 for Lopez. This would give them floor spacing at the 5 and open up the lane for the greek freak.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2017, 02:51:16 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
I mean, he has to be traded sometime this year, right? He's 29, in the final year of his contract, and almost certainly not going to resign in Brooklyn (at least not unless they throw him the max).

I don't know about this.  After all he did just re-sign with them in 2015 coming off a 38 win season, and with Pierce and Garnett already gone, and Deron days away from his own buyout, surely he saw the writing on the wall even then, but still he chose to re-sign.  It's the only team he's ever played for, having spent all 9 seasons with them, so I wouldn't be surprised if he stays.

A lot will depend on what happens with free agency this off season, because hard to know now who will have cap room in a year, but as of now, what do you expect his next contract to look like and what teams would want him?

Assuming he puts up similar numbers to the last 2 that's 20ppg, 6-8rpg, 2apg, 1.7bpg for a guy who has been healthy for 4 straight years and will be 30.  What's the market going to be for that?
Really? i didn't notice it lol
2000M maybe?

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2017, 02:55:02 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

Really? i didn't notice it lol
2000M maybe?
He shoots almost 2 3's a game......that is very rare and teams will want him to help open up the paint//lanes on offense.

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2017, 02:57:33 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929

But wasn't Lopez's last deal after his foot injuries, lowering his actual value on the open market? I don't know. I just don't see him wanting to stay, and at this point why would they want him to stay? After next season, they'll actually own their own picks, so keeping Lopez would just hurt their tanking plans, which they'll still have to do for several years before climbing back out of the basement.

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2017, 03:03:46 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
I just don't see a team that will give up much for him. Portland has to lower it's taxes and has contracts to match but he would be a backup there. We shall see. I think he will stay a Net. He is their team.

We could be the third party that enables a trade that brings Horford to Portland and Lopez to the Celtics. Brooklyn gets a few draft picks and Portland gets rid of a few bad contracts and gets an excellent fit in the frontcourt next to Nurkic.

The Nets and the Trailblazers should be very motivated to make such a trade work, so perhaps the Celtics can even gain a bit extra value out of such a deal. I rate Lopez at a similar level as Horford and I think it's much easier to find a PF that can play alongside Lopez than Horford.

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2017, 06:40:59 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

We could be the third party that enables a trade that brings Horford to Portland and Lopez to the Celtics. Brooklyn gets a few draft picks and Portland gets rid of a few bad contracts and gets an excellent fit in the frontcourt next to Nurkic.

The Nets and the Trailblazers should be very motivated to make such a trade work, so perhaps the Celtics can even gain a bit extra value out of such a deal. I rate Lopez at a similar level as Horford and I think it's much easier to find a PF that can play alongside Lopez than Horford.
I've been talking to my buddies about a possible deal with Portland for awhile now, usually in referance to trading Horford if we blow the team up...which I havent posted on here.

Evan Turner and Crabbe (torn achilles) both signed big contracts and are not starting or playing big minutes.....they made a huge mistake. I could see BKN taking back Turner/Crabbe contract and getting 2 first rounders from POR.

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2017, 07:48:03 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546

For

Lopez + 27

Sounds interesting in terms of value, but what is NY going to do with Lopez? They're not winning this year and won't want to give him the max next year.

Mike
I actually think a Lopez/Porzingis front court could actually work and work well.  I don't know if they would keep him but getting out from Noah is the real goal there.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2017, 01:29:26 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.

Hard to see Danny Trading Holford unless he is cool with it. You don't trade FA and expect to sign them in the future. I think Portland will be active. Lopez could play the 5 on offense and 4 on D for Portland IMO to make the trade work with Portland.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek