Author Topic: Rumor: Lakers aren't locked in on Lonzo Ball  (Read 13337 times)

Re: Rumor: Lakers aren't locked in on Lonzo Ball
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2017, 07:26:04 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Yeah, I actually feel kinda sorry for the lakers here.  I personally would not pick Ball second but they seem to be under some pressure to do just that. 

And the lakers should not be "locked" in on anyone at this point anyway.

I think the Lakers should trade the pick.

Big drop-off after the 1st pick. The guys next in line aren't worth the #2 slot. Better to try to trade the pick for an All-Star veteran.

A bad year to have the #2 pick.

Disagree. Josh Jackson is going to be a really good player.

I like him too. I feel more comfortable with a player like him in the 4-8 range than at #2 though. Needed to see more scoring ability / shooting ability from him to have that much confidence in him. More risk than I'd like in his scoring ability / shooting ability for a SF at #2.

Still, he's #2 on my board. Next best player after Fultz.

« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2017, 11:21:38 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I have a crazy conspiracy theory that I think might actually be true.

I'm not going to provide links because i'm super lazy about that, i'm kinda in a rush and i'm sure most of you have heard by now that the lakers are saying "they're not really interested in ball anymore".

well I disagree that they aren't and this is all a tactic for them to get ball and someone else. I think they've already talked with ball and daddy ball to conspire to make sure lonzo ends up in LA.

here's the scenario:

LA drafts someone else(we'll say tatum)

ball gets drafted by say philly

ball proceeds to manipulate the situation and says he wants to be traded and won't play in philly, wants to play for LA.

boom! next thing ya know, he's in LA.

« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2017, 11:53:07 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

I'm not going to provide links because i'm super lazy about that, i'm kinda in a rush and i'm sure most of you have heard by now that the lakers are saying "they're not really interested in ball anymore".

well I disagree that they aren't and this is all a tactic for them to get ball and someone else. I think they've already talked with ball and daddy ball to conspire to make sure lonzo ends up in LA.

here's the scenario:

ball proceeds to manipulate the situation and says he wants to be traded and won't play in philly, wants to play for LA.

No I highly doubt Philly drafts him if they even feel he would do that.

Colangelo has already made it clear there are some "issues with the people around Lonzo".
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2017, 06:05:13 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

here's the scenario:

No I highly doubt Philly drafts him if they even feel he would do that.

Colangelo has already made it clear there are some "issues with the people around Lonzo".

I just used philly as a hypothetical landing spot.

« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2017, 06:07:41 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25635
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

here's the scenario:

What's in it for Ball? He loses millions of dollars.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2017, 06:48:29 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
This would be hilarious, and it would make me happy to see Philly snipe him. Philly fanbase deserves it.

« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2017, 07:07:58 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
This would be hilarious, and it would make me happy to see Philly snipe him. Philly fanbase deserves it.

I'd much prefer Ball to end up in Sacramento.

« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2017, 07:37:05 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

Honestly I hope he drops to Minnesota. That would be sweet! Daddy won't like Minnesota.

« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2017, 07:46:55 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
This is the saddest part of Lavar's control over Lonzo's career...the hate reflected on him because of his head case father. By all accounts Lonzo is a great kid who has said or done nothing wrong, his game unlike his brothers, is selfless and pass first. Although I have never been a huge fan of his, if you took the father out of the equation I'm sure he would generally be a favourite amongst all NBA fans.

« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2017, 07:50:02 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Honestly I hope he drops to Minnesota. That would be sweet! Daddy won't like Minnesota.

Yeah, but he'll have a lot of young talent there in Minny with him.

My California dreamin' for LaVar scenario has been Sactown for awhile with that whackjob Randive and that mess of a franchise.

« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2017, 07:56:11 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

Yeah, but he'll have a lot of young talent there in Minny with him.

My California dreamin' for LaVar scenario has been Sactown for awhile with that whackjob Randive and that mess of a franchise.

o Minny would be amazing for him, he'd be behind Towns and Wiggins and it's their team, if his dad dares to open his mouth when they lose and blames Towns and Wiggins, they're going to trade Ball 10/10 times to keep Towns, and his worth will tank

« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2017, 07:58:52 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
thats no rumor ......i don't think he a total lock to be a Laker ......front runner yeah......Ball migjt be a 76 er ...

which would be funny as heck .....caught myself ...hee heeh

I 100 % believe IF Fultz was available , M agic Johnson would take him .......he can't aford to screw up with such an important pick

« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2017, 08:22:14 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
If LA isn't locked on Ball this could also be that Indy is willing to do a draftnight trade with them. And Indy wants Jackson or Tatum instead of Ball. PG's are pretty easy to come buy in this league right now, a good wing player, not so much.

« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2017, 08:58:36 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I don't think they should be at all.  Not sure how they feel.  I don't buy Ball in the least.  I would rather stick with Russell.

At this point any rumor can be smoke.  Who knows.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2017, 10:40:21 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

That could conceivably happen.

Boston takes  fultz
LA takes Jackson
Philly takes fox
Phoenix takes tatum
And.................
Sac takes ball.

Oooooo.... lavar might be so upset that he rushes the stage. Ha ha ha.  ;D

EDIT: I just saw this, which adds fuel to the speculative fire.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nba-draft-2017-lakers-lonzo-ball-lavar-ball-deaaron-fox-josh-jackson/lhiplo52wz9l1vo58ywzfj616
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 11:45:38 PM by hwangjini_1 »
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva