Author Topic: Report: Detroit willing to part with #12 for a 'win now veteran'  (Read 10610 times)

Re: Report: Detroit willing to part with #12 for a 'win now veteran'
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2017, 03:37:39 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
If indeed Gordon Hayward will be a sure fire signing, I'd be willing to give Jae Crowder and one of our 2nds for that #12 pick.

That puts us within the Justin Patton range, who's a very solid athlete for a 7 footer than can develop into a legit big man.

In any draft day deal, any pre-free agency deal, DA is going to look to shed a couple million. Crowder for 12 is fantastic. Smart for 12 is pretty good too, but no doubt Detroit only takes back shooters.

They probably go for the package and maybe Danny does some magic so we don't have to renounce KO to sign Hayward. His hold is 7.7, but I think if we sign Hayward first, we can go over for KO in that case is that still true?

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2017, 03:45:44 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
No way am I including Crowder in a deal. He is our win-now veteran and has three more years left on his value contract.

I would do AB - not because I think #12 will be better than Bradley, but because I know we will have to part with him soon if we plan on re-signing IT and would rather get value.

The logistics with salary would still have to get worked out, but I have already sold Bradley and KO down the river in my mind so maybe we could find a way to snag Stanley Johnson if we include another future pick or two.

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2017, 03:48:24 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Could a #12 to nets for Lopez based deal make sense?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2017, 03:50:42 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
No way am I including Crowder in a deal. He is our win-now veteran and has three more years left on his value contract.

I would do AB - not because I think #12 will be better than Bradley, but because I know we will have to part with him soon if we plan on re-signing IT and would rather get value.

The logistics with salary would still have to get worked out, but I have already sold Bradley and KO down the river in my mind so maybe we could find a way to snag Stanley Johnson if we include another future pick or two.

I said on the other thread that AB and one of our 2nds for Morris and the number 12 pick would be ideal for us, since that would fill our void at the 4 with an ideal, athletic stretch 4. Not sure that Detroit would do both, though, and I think they'd have to add something else for it to work.

But I'm with you about not trading Crowder and that contract right now.

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2017, 03:55:23 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

I said on the other thread that AB and one of our 2nds for Morris and the number 12 pick would be ideal for us, since that would fill our void at the 4 with an ideal, athletic stretch 4. Not sure that Detroit would do both, though, and I think they'd have to add something else for it to work.

The AB trade would be fantastic for us, but I don't see Detroit giving up that much. 

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2017, 03:56:31 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
oh id let AB go in heartbeat if there was somebody they liked better

or Crowder too.

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2017, 03:57:32 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915

As far as I'm concerned, absolutely, and the Nets (as well as the Celtics) would have to love that deal. Can Detroit do it with their salary situation?

Mike

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2017, 03:57:39 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen

If he's going to the bench then I say clear the salary to add talent to the top of the roster.

Reluctantly of course, because as Danny would say, we really like Jae and we're not looking to trade him.

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2017, 04:07:57 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen

As far as I'm concerned, absolutely, and the Nets (as well as the Celtics) would have to love that deal. Can Detroit do it with their salary situation?

Mike

Oh if we can bring B Lopez in, that's a whole other kettle of fish.

So much better idea than bringing in another draft pick.

Might look to save pieces to make a big deal rather than for a pick. We have youth in spades.

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2017, 04:08:13 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Are the dealing Drummond? There is a 0.000001% chance that he and Drummond could play next to each other.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2017, 04:11:23 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Yeah, I copied you by throwing Morris in with Stanley in the other thread in my response so tp to you on that.

If he's going to the bench then I say clear the salary to add talent to the top of the roster.

Reluctantly of course, because as Danny would say, we really like Jae and we're not looking to trade him.

I'm just not sure who our solid veteran presence would be off the bench. If we are possibly jettisoning AB, Crowder, and KO, then we will be left with Gerald Green (minimum), and maybe like Amir or JJ with the room exception, plus a bunch of 20 year olds. Even though Crowder isn't a star, he is incredibly tough and is quite versatile.

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2017, 04:13:15 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
Are the dealing Drummond? There is a 0.000001% chance that he and Drummond could play next to each other.
well I think its pretty dumb to draft a lotto pick for a win-now vet so if your gonna be stupid might as well be really stupid. At least Brook and Drummond would wreak havoc offensively when teams tried to play small.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2017, 04:20:25 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
Bradley for #12 and select OG Anunoby or Zach Collins makes a decent amount of sense on our end, but Im not sure if Detroit does it considering AB has a pretty similar skillset to Caldwell-Pope and will probably be more expensive and difficult (UFA vs RFA) to bring back in a year.

You'd obviously love to get a bit more value out of Bradley, but if you are confident that you can get Hayward to come here it would be nice. Still leaves a substantial hole at the 4.

I think ideally you could get pick in the Isaac-Markanen range of the draft for bradley, but Anunoby and Collins both are good big men prospects who also look like they could fit into what we want to do really well.

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2017, 04:24:23 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen

Yeah, I copied you by throwing Morris in with Stanley in the other thread in my response so tp to you on that.

I'm just not sure who our solid veteran presence would be off the bench. If we are possibly jettisoning AB, Crowder, and KO, then we will be left with Gerald Green (minimum), and maybe like Amir or JJ with the room exception, plus a bunch of 20 year olds. Even though Crowder isn't a star, he is incredibly tough and is quite versatile.

Yeah woah if Gerald Green is the veteran presence...he plays Jaylen after practice, and I guess I'm okay with that. You never know what vets are available for the minimum until August, and it would be awesome if unlikely that Jonas will be one of them. I'd risk it, expecting to find a good vet leader that might not actually play much for the minimum. We need to play the young studs instead anyway.

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2017, 01:47:34 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Doubt we're all interested in a deal for the #12