Author Topic: DeAndre Ayton vs. Mohamed Bamba  (Read 6966 times)

DeAndre Ayton vs. Mohamed Bamba
« on: May 30, 2017, 01:27:55 AM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
Since there is a real good chance Brooklyn is bad enough for us to get one of these guys, who you got?  ;)

DeAndre Ayton vs. Mohamed Bamba One on One Post Drills at Jordan Brand Classic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrWpGP19gTA

Highlights: Mohamed Bamba vs. DeAndre Ayton at Hoophall Classic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5auD2dAWM24

I go back and forth one day I like one the next day I like the other one.  I'm going to go with length and pick Mohamed Bamba.  No, wait, I'm going with strength and DeAndre Ayton.  But Mohamed Bamba can get stronger, I pick him.  But DeAndre Ayton has a physical toughness to his game, I pick him.  Ahhhh, I cant decide, I pick Michael Porter, wait that's not an option. Who you got?  ;)

Re: DeAndre Ayton vs. Mohamed Bamba
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 01:35:17 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

TP for that first video dude.

Check out how awesome Muhammad's personality is in this video.

https://youtu.be/2MT04aQ2C80

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 12:31:12 AM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
I like Ayton more but I think Bamba is a safer bet. He knows what he is. He does it at a high level with plenty of room to grow. Bamba is much more consistent. I still cant figure out how Ayton and Brandon McCoy lost to Bamba in EYBL and Bamba  dominated in the game. I just need to see Ayton do it consistently.

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 01:40:53 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
I'm sure it will be clear cut after they play a college season.  Look how bad Giles became and not just due to health.

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 12:25:40 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145

TP for that first video dude.

Check out how awesome Muhammad's personality is in this video.

https://youtu.be/2MT04aQ2C80

Mo Bamba reminds me of Jaylen Brown. Poised + intelligent. I love that he's been attending these basketball analytics conferences at MIT--he is serious about winning both with his body + with his brain.

Here's a travel blog post that he wrote about his trip to China. The kid can write.

http://www.slamonline.com/college-hs/high-school/hs-diary-no-8-mohamed-bamba/#6QsdGyzXcWYkijye.97

I have no idea who is a better prospect between him + Ayton.

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 12:31:29 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Bamba seems like an incredibly poised and intelligent young man. As others have pointed out, not unlike the man we drafted at #3 last year.

However Ayton is probably the higher potential of the two. Either way I don't think a team can go wrong with picking - let's hope it's us ;D
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 12:37:32 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Bamba sounds like a good chess partner for Brown.  Sign him up!

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 02:13:23 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
Ayton may be more of a go to offensive player and Bamba may be more of a defensive force with acceptable offense.   I think with Fultz and Brown on the team Bamba may be a better fit.  Plus we will also have Zizic.  By the time Horford is ready to take a back seat we could have:
PG: Fultz
SG: Brown
SF: Hayward
PF: Zizic
C: Bamba

That may not sound great today, but its not a right now lineup.  If these players pan out it could end up being a serious line up.

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2017, 02:24:00 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Bamba sounds like a good chess partner for Brown.  Sign him up!

The Celtics become the All-Intellectuals Team.

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2017, 03:08:11 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
The thing about Bamba is that wingspan. He has a standing reach of 9'6.

What scares me about him is his weight. Look at his arms and legs. You can already see Ayton is going to fill out to at least be similar to KG physically, but Bamba looks starved. I worry about the really tall skinny kids being able to add weight and stay healthy.

If I had to rank the '18 prospects, I'd rank Bamba 4th. IMO, he's the biggest risk of the top 4, but may have a higher ceiling. If I could have his rights today, I'd give up the pick now. His size and ability don't come along every year. Some fans are so eager to give up picks and youth for veterans, but I think we could be on the cusp of something special if a few things go our way.

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2017, 03:11:46 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
I'm sure it will be clear cut after they play a college season. Look how bad Giles became and not just due to health.
No, it was simply due to the 2 ACL tears. Even after them, he’s still going to go mid to late first round and has upside. Without the 2 ACL tears, we would have a big decision on our hands of whether to go with healthy Giles or Fultz.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2017, 03:18:59 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Interesting. Between these two and Porter, looks like top-3 next year is going to be the sweet spot. Of course, all that might change after a year in school.

Ayton looks several inches taller than Bamba even with that hair of his. And I thought Ayton was a bit thicker like an Al Jefferson? He looks like he's really leaned out (in a good way), and both of them look good size and really long.

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2017, 03:48:56 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I'm sure it will be clear cut after they play a college season. Look how bad Giles became and not just due to health.
No, it was simply due to the 2 ACL tears. Even after them, he’s still going to go mid to late first round and has upside. Without the 2 ACL tears, we would have a big decision on our hands of whether to go with healthy Giles or Fultz.
No way to know that for sure. I think Giles had a very low iq. That could have been exposed at Duke even if he stayed healthy
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2017, 03:54:42 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I really hope the Nets suck and both these guys show out and we can have countless threads discussing this next offseason but for now I'm gonna just let these guys go to college and wait and see.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2017, 04:04:09 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
No way to know that for sure. I think Giles had a very low iq. That could have been exposed at Duke even if he stayed healthy

Perhaps your perceived view of his low IQ was due to him missing the entire preseason and early season and him not being completely comfortable in the offense.

What stood out to you to view his basketball IQ to be viewed as low?
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby