Author Topic: Fultz is the best guard prospect in seven years  (Read 1633 times)

Fultz is the best guard prospect in seven years
« on: May 29, 2017, 06:15:20 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

According to Sam Amechi anyway. He's the best guard prospect since John Wall was drafted #1 in 2010.

And honestly I think that's about right. I'm more impressed now than I was then with Kyrie, but you can see the advantages Fultz he as over Irving.

Re: Fultz is the best guard prospect in seven years
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 06:42:12 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
yup. A lot of scouts and analysts love  fultz

What's crazy and still hard to wrap around my mind is we  were 7 games away from a banner. And can now add the best guard prospect since wall. The draft wasn't designed to reward winning teams, but Dannys trading ability gave us that opportunity
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 06:47:45 PM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 06:55:28 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
If this guy becomes the next James Harden (with a little better defense) like most mock drafts and experts predict, I'll be ecstatic.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 06:56:30 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
yup. A lot of scouts and analysts love  fultz

What's crazy and still hard to wrap around my mind is we  were 7 games away from a banner. And can now add the best guard prospect since wall. The draft wasn't designed to reward winning teams, but Dannys trading ability gave us that opportunity

Very true, and if they can add Hayward and 2018 Nets Pick within next full year, I think that's a true dynasty in the making.

We still have Hayward and Horford on the back ends of their contract, and a lot of youth with hopefully a Cleveland team losing their touch a bit.

Hayward and Fultz adds true scoring to this team as well.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 06:58:14 PM »

Offline Kadin

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 29
I've been sold on Fultz, and Hayward as well. The only question mark for me is whether we keep the BRK18 pick and hope to land a future all-star big, or if we trade the pick to hopefully land an established star of some sort to pair up with IT/Hayward/Fultz.

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 07:11:25 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Fultz is a PG that has the ability and length to play SG. But he is more dominant at the PG position. It is DA's choice but I bet if Fultz looks good enough (which he does) then DA will make a trade of IT to open the PG spot for Fultz so he does not have to play out of position and hurt his growth.

Fultz has the highest floor of any rookie I've seen in some time. With his length he could be a crazy defender as well.

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 07:12:39 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
I like him better than Wall coming out of college. Wall's speed much more electric, but he played smaller than his size and had major problems with his J.

Fultz has a lot of Wall's dynamism but a much smoother all-around game. Much harder to take away his strengths in the half court. Gets more out of his size defensively too - not as much on the ball but as a rebounder and team defender he's a considerably greater presence.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 08:07:04 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
This entire draft is setting up as Fultz going to the Celtics, and Ball going to the Lakers. The number one and the number two draft choices, BOTH point guards in what is considered a great draft going to baskeball's arch enemies...the Celtics and the Lakers.

This has some great potential for fireworks in a few years.