Author Topic: What is Zicic's floor and ceiling?  (Read 20751 times)

Re: What is Zicic's floor and ceiling?
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2017, 02:42:06 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Floor- Perk
Ceiling-Adams

IMO he will be a lesser Steven Adams

Ceiling- steven Adams with a jump shot
Floor- Semih

Floor:  Greg Kite

Ceiling:  Bill Laimbeer if he develops a consistent outside shot.

Semih "Pro" Erden?  Greg Kite?  Perk?  Steven Adams?  Oh boy (sarcasm) ::)!  Someone set aside a plaque for him in Springfield RIGHT NOW (sarcasm) ::)!
Steven Adams would be an absolutely delightful result for the #23 pick in the draft. I'd be ecstatic if he could give us that.

Give us what, exactly?  I've never understood the love for Steven Adams :-\.

11p 8r per game is pretry good for 23rd pick.....

« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2017, 04:36:08 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Offensive rebounding takes a certain mindset not necessarily vertical ability,it takes the willingness to absorb a pounding and awareness of angles.
Zizic is only 20 and offensive rebounding one of his strengths in a mans league.
The Eastern Europeans do put out some tough ,hungry big men.
David Blatt has used Zizic as an example of a tough young kid at 16 that kept getting up after being knocked down by the best older experienced big man star.
.Blatt knew he was special then.

« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2017, 05:30:57 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Ceiling: Prime Arvydas Sabonis
Floor: Steven Adams

I'd love this, buddy. His strenghts are opposite to Sabonis, who was an extremely good passer, with a tremendous BBIQ and 3 pt range (I know it well, he played in my city's team some seasons).

Zizic is a beast, goes for rebounds, sets very strong picks and finishes dunking the ball. If he acquired a passing capacity and feel for the game as Sabas, we'd have Tim Duncan  ;D

Also, I think Steven Adams is a high floor.

Floor: Erden.
Probably: Adams, Gortat.
Ceiling: Robert Parish. Yeah, I'm betting from the heart.

« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2017, 06:33:24 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff

I'd love this, buddy. His strenghts are opposite to Sabonis, who was an extremely good passer, with a tremendous BBIQ and 3 pt range (I know it well, he played in my city's team some seasons).

Zizic is a beast, goes for rebounds, sets very strong picks and finishes dunking the ball. If he acquired a passing capacity and feel for the game as Sabas, we'd have Tim Duncan  ;D

I don't think people remember Sabonis that well..... I'd be happy if Zizic turns out half as good as Sabonis but their play style is completely different.

I am very confident he will be better than Erden mostly because he has more heart than him and to Zizic seems much more passionate and dedicated.

« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2017, 07:03:04 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I view him as a player who can come in, and kill the boards in his limited minutes right away. I think he will be a threat in the pick and roll, and will get alot of garbage and hustle points. It is my understanding that his jumper game is still very raw, and I don't view him as being the next Rudy Gobert at rim defense.

But I think his toughness will help him be a slight positive on both ends of the floor right immediately. I'm not sold on his ability to guard the perimeter against faster 4s (Yes I know he is a center, but on defense we need someone to guard the perimeter, as Horford doesn't do it well at this stage.)

I view his floor as a hustle rebounder who struggles to finish against the elites of the league. And his defense as just a big body.

I view his ceiling as like a Steven Adams with a better jumper and better passing (and I mean maxed out ceiling here.)

I tend to agree with your above assessment of Zizic. David Blatt compared him to Steven Adams and I hope that he can bring a similar physical element to this teams big man rotation. I would be surprised if Zizic ever develops into a dynamic offensives player but I suspect he will be similar to R Lopez or Gortat.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2017, 07:06:57 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

I don't think people remember Sabonis that well..... I'd be happy if Zizic turns out half as good as Sabonis but their play style is completely different.

I am very confident he will be better than Erden mostly because he has more heart than him and to Zizic seems much more passionate and dedicated.
Sorry lol I think I messed up a bit, I mean an old Sabonis (still averaged a double double and was very good). Production wise I mean. Stand by Sabonis (Portland) as a ceiling production wise and Steven Adams as a floor. @dario this guy led a team to beat your beloved GOAT Doncic who's on the best non nba team in the world, I think Erden is too low of a floor, he's arguably a poor man's Adams atm.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2017, 07:17:38 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
@Somebody yeah, in terms of production it would be nice to have Zizic as Portland's Sabonis, I thought you were referring to style. TP for you for the explanation.

We had Sabonis some time in Valladolid, he had broken his Achilles before and he wasn't as physical as in his time in Kaunas or his beginnings in USSR national team, when he schooled David Robinson, for example. He is the best player I've seen live, better than a young Pau Gasol when Barcelona came to play in my city.

I'm telling Erden as floor because I don't want to be very optimistic, I think it is already his level so anything beyond that is what we should expect (to make my point clear as well).

And don't talk about Doncic as beloved  ;D. I can't love anything playing for Real Mordor, but I'm not blind to see a very special player in him.

« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2017, 08:09:09 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
He projects to be better than Nurkic, right?  I don't think we drafted Greg Kite or my man Vitaly.

« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2017, 08:18:55 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
I see him as a solid backup C or starter in big lineups. He probably doesn't have the footspeed to guard small lineup PFs though, limiting his ability to play next to Horford. I would be extremely pleased if he reached a ceiling of Gortat. He's still young, so he may still have some room to grow in terms of shooting in the midrange and further. At the very least, he will be a good rebounder and energy guy.

« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2017, 08:32:47 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
@Somebody yeah, in terms of production it would be nice to have Zizic as Portland's Sabonis, I thought you were referring to style. TP for you for the explanation.

We had Sabonis some time in Valladolid, he had broken his Achilles before and he wasn't as physical as in his time in Kaunas or his beginnings in USSR national team, when he schooled David Robinson, for example. He is the best player I've seen live, better than a young Pau Gasol when Barcelona came to play in my city.

I'm telling Erden as floor because I don't want to be very optimistic, I think it is already his level so anything beyond that is what we should expect (to make my point clear as well).

And don't talk about Doncic as beloved  ;D. I can't love anything playing for Real Mordor, but I'm not blind to see a very special player in him.
I was waiting for this. LOL
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2017, 09:04:22 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff

Real Mordor ????
that makes me an Orc then .... :D :D

« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2017, 09:08:12 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Lol thanks for clarifying, TP. Anyways yeah Zizic will surprise many next season. Btw I really can't see anything about Doncic that screams GOAT to me like some people do. I see the makings of a very good player/star but is he really that Great White Hope type of prospect?
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2017, 09:23:04 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum

Real Mordor ????
that makes me an Orc then .... :D :D

LOL sorry, no offense intented before a (quite bad) joke.

@Somebody I haven't seen any player being so dominant at 18 years old in Europe since, maybe, Gasol himself (and height had a lot to say on that) and Kukoc. He is extremely skilled, I think it's the word. He can score, assist or control the game without appearing in the box score. I'm not talking about an all-time great or things like that, because you never know and I don't predict he'll be a scorer or average 25 ppg in his career, but he can elevate a team very much.

« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2017, 09:50:40 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
I could see him being a Gortat at the very best, but I have tempered expectations.  2nd round stashes tend to not amount to much, so obviously his floor would be bench-warmer.

If he can reach that Gortat potential though, it would be yuuuuge for the Celtics
Luckily he isn't a second round stash.

Heh, I completely forgot that he was drafted in the 20's of round 1.  Still, my point remains; guys drafted outside of the lottery are pretty prone to hardly ever showing up.  I don't think it is unfair to say that his floor is to be a complete nonfactor
So what do you think about the multiple reports suggesting he'd be ~10 if he had entered the draft this year?

Can you provide links to these reports? 

The only people I've heard suggest this are posters on this board.

« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2017, 09:53:49 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
I could see him being a Gortat at the very best, but I have tempered expectations.  2nd round stashes tend to not amount to much, so obviously his floor would be bench-warmer.

If he can reach that Gortat potential though, it would be yuuuuge for the Celtics
Luckily he isn't a second round stash.

Heh, I completely forgot that he was drafted in the 20's of round 1.  Still, my point remains; guys drafted outside of the lottery are pretty prone to hardly ever showing up.  I don't think it is unfair to say that his floor is to be a complete nonfactor
So what do you think about the multiple reports suggesting he'd be ~10 if he had entered the draft this year?

Can you provide links to these reports? 

The only people I've heard suggest this are posters on this board.
There's a Sporting News article earlier this year that says a GM told the author that he would be a lottery pick, and probably a top 10 pick in the '17 draft, even though it's a strong draft.