Author Topic: What is Zicic's floor and ceiling?  (Read 20750 times)

Re: What is Zicic's floor and ceiling?
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2017, 08:12:34 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
I could see him being a Gortat at the very best, but I have tempered expectations.  2nd round stashes tend to not amount to much, so obviously his floor would be bench-warmer.

If he can reach that Gortat potential though, it would be yuuuuge for the Celtics
Luckily he isn't a second round stash.

Heh, I completely forgot that he was drafted in the 20's of round 1.  Still, my point remains; guys drafted outside of the lottery are pretty prone to hardly ever showing up.  I don't think it is unfair to say that his floor is to be a complete nonfactor

Wasnt Dremond Green a 2nd round pick ? I see Zizic as a better version of David Lee just give him a few years to develop. Im confident if either big man DeAndre Ayton or Mohamad Bamba are up in the top 3 picks next draft Ainge takes one of them with the Brooklyn pick. Zizic will be a great depth player off the bench for years to come IMO

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2017, 08:14:38 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Zizic and all those other stashed kids will most likely never play a minute for the Celtics. I know we all like to hype up these kids, but let's face the facts - They just aren't that good. And they never will be.
lol those are not the facts.

I garuntee you Zizic plays for the Celtics this year.
If Zizic plays for the C's then we're back in the lottery.
Lol hes not gonna play 30 minutes a game but he is almost certainly gonna play for us.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2017, 08:22:07 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Zizic and all those other stashed kids will most likely never play a minute for the Celtics. I know we all like to hype up these kids, but let's face the facts - They just aren't that good. And they never will be.

Lol hes not gonna play 30 minutes a game but he is almost certainly gonna play for us.

He will likely play for the Cs because he will be cheap. And the Cs are going to need some cheap players to fill out the roster after they make trades to free up room for max FA.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2017, 08:23:27 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

He will likely play for the Cs because he will be cheap. And the Cs are going to need some cheap players to fill out the roster after they make trades to free up room for max FA.
I mean... yeah.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2017, 08:25:12 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Floor: Arvydas Sabonis

Ceiling: Kareem

Blatt recently paid Zizic a fantastic endorsement.  He seems like a very intelligent, coaching, hard-working, high-motor guy that can help on the boards early on, albeit in limited minutes.

I view his ceiling as a mix between Shaq and Hakeem personally.

That's a weird way to misspell floor.

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2017, 09:13:09 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Floor- Perk
Ceiling-Adams

I'll take that.

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2017, 09:15:32 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

Blatt recently paid Zizic a fantastic endorsement.  He seems like a very intelligent, coaching, hard-working, high-motor guy that can help on the boards early on, albeit in limited minutes.

I view his ceiling as a mix between Shaq and Hakeem personally.

That's a weird way to misspell floor.
Haha And I thought my expectations were lofty.
#JKJB

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2017, 09:22:59 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Nbadraft.net says he is the greatest rebounder possibly of his generation in Europe. Cannot wait to see him grabbing rebounds for us

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2017, 09:52:25 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER

Blatt recently paid Zizic a fantastic endorsement.  He seems like a very intelligent, coachable, hard-working, high-motor guy that can help on the boards early on, albeit in limited minutes.

Sabonis and Kareem are both Ceilings. Sabonis in his prime was, by everyone that saw him play, a seven foot Three Larry Bird.

Slow down there fella,  Larry Bird was barely a 6'9 Larry Bird.  That's how good Larry Legend was.....
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2017, 09:55:33 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
Nbadraft.net says he is the greatest rebounder possibly of his generation in Europe. Cannot wait to see him grabbing rebounds for us

NBAdraft.net also says that he may make the meanest ham and cheese croissants this side of Paris,
But until I see him grab those boards over Tristian Thompson,  or  taste those biscuits,,,its all a cookie monster without cookies.....to me.
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2017, 10:12:26 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

NBAdraft.net also says that he may make the meanest ham and cheese croissants this side of Paris,
But until I see him grab those boards over Tristian Thompson,  or  taste those biscuits,,,its all a cookie monster without cookies.....to me.

oh my
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2017, 10:12:28 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Blatt recently paid Zizic a fantastic endorsement.  He seems like a very intelligent, coachable, hard-working, high-motor guy that can help on the boards early on, albeit in limited minutes.

That ceiling's too low. Think more along the lines of the lovechild of Russell and Kareem on steroids.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2017, 10:25:54 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
He should be a good energy big right away, who rebounds runs hard in transition, is a pretty good roll man. Watch his highlights - he shows very good body control and pace in traffic; quick to dunk, knows where the other players are, doesn't mind contact at all.

So hard to guess his ceiling without seeing him play in the league. Maybe a taller, fitter Jared Sullinger with a better shot who doesn't get his own shot blocked as frequently?

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2017, 10:43:28 PM »

Offline rochrist

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17

That's an utterly idiotic statement. So, if Zizic takes Zeller's place we're back in the lottery?

Are you on crack?

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2017, 10:47:17 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
He should be a good energy big right away, who rebounds runs hard in transition, is a pretty good roll man. Watch his highlights - he shows very good body control and pace in traffic; quick to dunk, knows where the other players are, doesn't mind contact at all.

So hard to guess his ceiling without seeing him play in the league. Maybe a taller, fitter Jared Sullinger with a better shot who doesn't get his own shot blocked as frequently?

Welcome to Celticsblog and here is your first TP!

Sounds like a pretty good breakdown of what we can expect. I am excited to see Zizic get some minutes right away.