Poll

rather give up Jaylen or Brk 18 if it lands you George ?(No Fultz)

Jaylen
4 (16%)
Brk 18
9 (36%)
Would give up both
0 (0%)
Neither
12 (48%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Draft Fultz, sign Hayward , Jaylen or Brk 18 for George? (Poll)  (Read 2305 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I wouldn't want to give up Jaylen, because I think he will be an effective defender against Lebron in the future, along with George's length , they could make Lebron work real hard.

I would do Zeller,Jae, ,Smart, brk18

Leaves you with

IT.         Rozier
AB.       Fultz
Hayward.    Jaylen
George.      Jerebko?
Horford.        Zicic

Plus whatever ring chasers that are out there.

Re: Draft Fultz, sign Hayward , Jaylen or Brk 18 for George? (Poll)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 06:03:12 PM »

Offline BostonClamCrowdah

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 14
Indiana laughs at you and then pushes your child to the ground w that offer

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 06:12:08 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I'm not sleeping on Jaylen Brown. The dude will be a stud in time for next season. I see him playing his way into the starting lineup as SG.

Jaylen = our own form of Jimmy Butler

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 07:34:31 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Terrible poll.  Most likely jaylen AND the 18' pick would still not be enough.

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 07:39:08 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
What? A 3rd overall selection who looks pretty legit and a likely top 5 pick isn't enough for a guy who might well leave your team in FA? Huh???
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 07:42:55 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
What? A 3rd overall selection who looks pretty legit and a likely top 5 pick isn't enough for a guy who might well leave your team in FA? Huh???

Yeah, makes you wonder if we can get a Jaylen-level prospect and a top 5 pick for Thomas. It's basically the same thing, right?

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 09:23:41 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas

Yeah, makes you wonder if we can get a Jaylen-level prospect and a top 5 pick for Thomas. It's basically the same thing, right?
Jaylens best case scenario is Paul George.  And he's a long long way from that so the team taking him would be taking a risk.  And the Brooklyn 18' is about as variable as it gets.  Who knows what that will be.

And yeah, obviously I'm assuming we're keeping George.  Otherwise, why are we trading for him?

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 09:31:33 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Jaylens best case scenario is Paul George.  And he's a long long way from that so the team taking him would be taking a risk.  And the Brooklyn 18' is about as variable as it gets.  Who knows what that will be.

And yeah, obviously I'm assuming we're keeping George.  Otherwise, why are we trading for him?
I would be careful about assigning ceilings. Sometimes guys develop in surprising ways, like Kahwi.

I would agree that we would be very lucky to have Jaylen become as good as George. Keep in mind that we don't even need him to be as good as George. Reaching all-star caliber on a rookie deal does wonders for a team. Don't even need to reach all-NBA.

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 09:36:51 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

Er, no. The Brooklyn 18 pick doesn't look to be "as variable as it gets". They're almost certain to be a bottom feeder again next year and it can reasonably be assumed that pick will almost certainly in the top 10 and more likely than not in the top 5.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2017, 09:46:58 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Er, no. The Brooklyn 18 pick doesn't look to be "as variable as it gets". They're almost certain to be a bottom feeder again next year and it can reasonably be assumed that pick will almost certainly in the top 10 and more likely than not in the top 5.

Yeah, the current 2018 nba championship Vegas odds have BKN as one of three teams at 1000/1 (tied for last).

In comparison, the Cs are 4th at 15/1 and the Warriors are 1st at 5/8.

https://news.wagertalk.com/2018-nba-championship-odds-released/

Basically, if that pick is outside of the top 5, it is because a couple of teams jumped ahead of us in the lottery.

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2017, 10:03:37 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
Patience, Patience, Patience.

Jaylen Brown is young and is going to be very good - probably not a superstar - but a very good player for Banner 18 & beyond.

I just don't like Paul George - something about the guy criticizing his teammate after Game 1 this year and then missing every big 4th quarter shot he took in the remaining games.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2017, 10:06:30 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas

Um, a pick between 1 and 10 IS as variable as it gets. That's at least three tiers worth of players in a typical draft.  Sometimes you get three tiers in the top five (as we probably have this year).  And I know some people are drooling a the rising freshman like they do every year.  And as happens every year, some will live up to the hype, some won't.  So yeah, while we want to give it the highest possible value, I'd be thinking worse case scenario from the other side. 

And let's not forget that Brooklyn was considerably better with Lin in the lineup.  No idea whether he's still under contract but I wouldn't automatically expect a top 5 pick. 

As for Brown, yeah, we'd be lucky if he was ever as good as George.  And we'd be lucky if the Brooklyn pick was ever as good as George.  And regardless of what some might think, two good players are nowhere as valuable as one very good player (if that's how it ended with brown and the 18' pick).

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2017, 10:16:29 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
I guess I'm wearing green colored glasses on Brown.   I think he's pretty much untouchable unless its for a handful of player's.