Other Discussions > Off Topic

Health and Fitness thread

(1/24) > >>

Tr1boy:
Interested to hear... Trying to get back into shape again. Also anybody use supplements? Any recommendations/brand for building muscle

After reading about the wonders of the versaclimber.  Found a used one for sale over the weekend... i couldnt last more than 5 min on it  =T

moiso:
So I guess triboy isn't a triathlete.  I always wondered.

Tr1boy:

--- Quote from: moiso on May 29, 2017, 12:10:53 PM ---So I guess triboy isn't a triathlete.  I always wondered.

--- End quote ---

;D

When I was younger

jambr380:
Good  idea for a thread -

The last few years I took up long distance running and run between 9.5-13 miles 2-3 times per week throughout the year. I am fairly successful in half-marathons (top 5%) and marathons (top 15%), but I really just run races on occasion to give myself that extra push. Also, contrary to popular belief, being tall (I am 6'5") is a total detriment to long distance running - hence, better success in half-marathons.

Since age 18, I have worked out at the gym about 3 times per week using moderate-heavy weights (for me), but do more of a full body work out rather than having like 'shoulder day' or 'leg day'. Unfortunately for me, I don't exactly look like I can lift as much as I actually can.

Throughout my whole life, I have played a variety of sports. I have been most successful at basketball, but I currently enjoy flag football, softball, tennis, and bike riding.

The long distance running has really done a number on my explosiveness in sports and the max weight I can lift, but I consider myself to be in the best shape of my life at age 37. Playing sports is the only thing I consider 'fun', as the running/lifting is done to maintain a healthy lifestyle - it is more work than anything else.

Tr1boy:

--- Quote from: jambr380 on May 29, 2017, 12:17:51 PM ---Good  idea for a thread -

The last few years I took up long distance running and run between 9.5-13 miles 2-3 times per week throughout the year. I am fairly successful in half-marathons (top 5%) and marathons (top 15%), but I really just run races on occasion to give myself that extra push. Also, contrary to popular belief, being tall (I am 6'5") is a total detriment to long distance running - hence, better success in half-marathons.

Since age 18, I have worked out at the gym about 3 times per week using moderate-heavy weights (for me), but do more of a full body work out rather than having like 'shoulder day' or 'leg day'. Unfortunately for me, I don't exactly look like I can lift as much as I actually can.

Throughout my whole life, I have played a variety of sports. I have been most successful at basketball, but I currently enjoy flag football, softball, tennis, and bike riding.

The long distance running has really done a number on my explosiveness in sports and the max weight I can lift, but I consider myself to be in the best shape of my life at age 37. Playing sports is the only thing I consider 'fun', as the running/lifting is done to maintain a healthy lifestyle - it is more work than anything else.

--- End quote ---

Nice...

Running is great... I just cant do it much anymore.  Knees/ankle screaming the next day

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version