Poll

Would you trade Fultz, AB, Crowder and Fillers for Davis?

Yes
23 (79.3%)
Yes, Only if we sign Hayward.
5 (17.2%)
No
0 (0%)
No but I'd counter with ... (see below).
1 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Trade idea poll Davis for 1, AB, Crowder and fillers.  (Read 3199 times)

Trade idea poll Davis for 1, AB, Crowder and fillers.
« on: May 29, 2017, 09:47:01 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Davis isn't as far fetched to me as I think it is viewed by the majority of fans. The guy is hurt a lot and Pelicans do have Cousins now who does a lot of the same things. If C's offered Fultz, AB, Mickey, Jackson and Crowder for Davis that is a very good deal. Just look at their Pelicans Team
Fultz, AB, Crowder, Cousins, Asik.
Vs
Frazier, Moore, Hill, Davis, Cousins

Which would you rather have? I think that first one makes the playoffs and Fultz gets rookie of the year.

As for C's if they release all their FAs they have $67 million on the books between signed team (IT, Smart, Brown, Davis, Horford, Rozier). 4 million for holds on Yab and Zizic as they are 1st rounders. Thats 71 million. You can still sign Hayward at 27 and have 4 million to sign your second rounders or two vets. I'm guessing pick 37 and 53 get moved same way last year's second went. So that leaves pick 57. You bring back Green and AJ at the min and that gives us .

IT, Brown, Hayward, Davis, Horford
Rozier, Smart, Nader, Green, Yab, AJ, Zizic, pick 57.

There's your possible C's with Davis and Hayward. Is the cost worth it? Would that team beat the Cavs? Could it take the warriors?

Re: Trade idea poll Davis for 1, AB, Crowder and fillers.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 09:57:29 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
I'd do it, but New Orleans wouldn't. I mean they just treaded for Demarcus Cousins because they want to make the playoffs. Even putting that aside that package isn't enough. They'd want that plus the 18 Nets pick just to get the negotiations started.

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 10:01:43 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
I'd do it, but New Orleans wouldn't. I mean they just treaded for Demarcus Cousins because they want to make the playoffs. Even putting that aside that package isn't enough. They'd want that plus the 18 Nets pick just to get the negotiations started.
Did you see the two Pelican teams listed the one with the trade the other without? No way they make the playoffs without this trade or a big signing. Their team is bad even with Cousins and Davis. They need 2 more good players in the starting lineup at the very least this trade gives them 3.

Also Cousins will probably leave if they miss the playoffs and don't center team around him. That's something to consider.

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 10:15:28 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I wish the Pelacans FO were that stupid.....

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 10:18:44 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I would love to do this deal and don't think it is that far off from reality, but we would really have to consider what our team would look like after next season. There is really no way we can keep all of: IT/Horford/Hayward/Davis (plus Smart and maybe KO). 2017-18 would be stellar, though.

Maybe ownership would be willing to go into massive luxury tax land for one season (2018-19) before Horford's player option comes up for the 2019-20 season.

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 10:41:38 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I think it would take both Brooklyn picks, the Memphis pick, AB, Smart, and Crowder and I would do it to get AD.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 11:14:13 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I immediately thought "No way Pelicans would do this" but then I looked at their roster and though, "wow, that ain't bad.  probably a better situation than they are in right now."  They just need to fix that starting PF/C Asik spot.  Very bright future with Fultz.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 11:17:53 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
When weighing rosters you have to assume the Pelicans are bringing Jrue Holiday back, right?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 11:24:29 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
When weighing rosters you have to assume the Pelicans are bringing Jrue Holiday back, right?
I thought about that but after dumping so much $ into a player that is hurt so often I'd say haven't they learned by now? Let the guy walk.

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2017, 05:34:54 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Tanguay has just posted on twitter (from csnne.com) Davis for both Nets picks, and whatever.

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/gary-tanguay-boston-celtics-should-make-big-play-for-new-orleans-pelicans-anthony-davis.

The idea is to trade for Davis and sign Hayward.

I'd go for that, though I think Fultz has superstar potential.

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2017, 05:37:28 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I would; NO would not.

Edit: To be more accurate, Dell Demps would not.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 06:21:26 PM by max215 »
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2017, 05:47:50 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
I will consider it hard since davis is so good BUT he is also so injury prone
You can't win rings if you aren't on the court
So if the doctors clear him 100% healthy i will consider it

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2017, 06:03:30 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Yes, I would. AD, when healthy, is a top 10 player. If Fultz becomes a top 20 player, the Celtics will be happy.

I'm not sold on AD's ability to rack up around 100 games played on a championship contending team. Though he played in 75 games this year, he has averaged 67 games a year in his 5 years in the league (misses 20% of each season). One might say he's been keeping his powder dry for a contender, but I'd take the risk of going hard in on AD, as would mostly ever GM.

If I'm the NO GM, I want:

-Fultz
-BKN 18
-Crowder
-Smart
-Ante Zizic
-Whatever salary filler

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2017, 06:20:07 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Tanguay has just posted on twitter (from csnne.com) Davis for both Nets picks, and whatever.

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/gary-tanguay-boston-celtics-should-make-big-play-for-new-orleans-pelicans-anthony-davis.

The idea is to trade for Davis and sign Hayward.

I'd go for that, though I think Fultz has superstar potential.

Glad I'm not a GM.  Either way, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night after this decision. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2017, 06:34:22 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
I always worry about AD's durability, but he's at the top of a VERY short list of players who I'd move the #1 for.