Author Topic: CSNNE : League sources say C's are focused on landing a "front court" all-star  (Read 9625 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncvgVJVzj_w

Around the 1:20 mark, can anyone confirm this? I couldn't find it on the website.

I wonder if this means Blake? Or maybe sign Hayward then trade for a big man.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 03:29:14 PM by Roy H. »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
yes ...Anthony Davis or Towns

Unless Griffin signs as a FA

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncvgVJVzj_w

Around the 1:20 mark, can anyone confirm this? I couldn't find it on the website.

I wonder if this means Blake? Or maybe sign Hayward then trade for a big man.

who is available for the #1?

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
As well they should be.

But I'm not sure who that player is that's all star caliber, available, and attainable by the Celtics.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
trade everyone for Davis

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
trade everyone for Davis
I think if it was possible to trade IT, Avery, Crowder, and Horford for Anthony Davis, I would.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
It still wouldn't shock me if Blake is the number one FA on the Celtics lists.  NBA teams do not react to players like fans do. 

The injuries do scare me.   The talent and fit do not. 

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
The title of the thread is incorrect. The report from CSNNE, that the video is quoting, says "frontcourt" not specifically "big man". A SF is part of the frontcourt, so this also could include players such as Hayward, George, and Butler.

The actual statement in the video

"According to CSNNE multiple league sources have them in recent weeks that the Celtics are focused on landing an all-star caliber talent in them in the frontcourt"
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 08:48:20 AM by Eddie20 »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
SOURCE: CELTICS OFFSEASON FOCUS IS AN ALL-STAR FRONTCOURT ADDITION
By A. Sherrod Blakely May 26, 2017 3:15 PM

WALTHAM, Mass. – No matter how an NBA team’s season ends, change is inevitable.

And while there’s no doubt that the Celtics are on the right track in terms of their ascension in the NBA, it's too soon to tell how many players on the Celtics’ 15-man roster that Danny Ainge, the president of basketball operations, will bring back next season.

“One thing I do know. He’ll make the best decisions for the team and if players don’t end up being back here, I wish the best for them,” said Avery Bradley.  “Those are my brothers. We all had a special year. I appreciate everything, all the time I had with them. I’d love for all those guys to be back. We’ll see.”

And with Boston coming off its first trip to the Eastern Conference finals since 2012, adding just any player won’t cut it.

The Celtics’ mindset now isn’t just to improve, but get good enough to where they can better compete with the likes of Cleveland, which just ended the Celtics’ season with a Game 5 thumping.

The most significant move made by the Celtics last offseason was the signing of Al Horford to a four-year, $113 million contract.

Like most of his Boston teammates this season, Horford is eager to see what changes are in store this summer.

“We just have to wait and see,” Horford said. “We had such a good year. A lot of positive things. It’ll be interesting to see what Danny, the organization feels is going to be the next step.”

Multiple league sources have told CSNNE.com in recent weeks that the Celtics are focused on landing an All-Star caliber talent in the frontcourt.

That makes sense when you consider how guard-dominant the Celtics were this season and how that had a negative impact on the team’s rebounding and, to a lesser degree, their defense as a whole.

Gordon Hayward has emerged as a target, but all indications – for now at least – point toward him returning to Utah.

The Celtics may pursue Los Angeles Clippers big man Blake Griffin. Although like Hayward, he too is expected to re-sign with his current team for a max contract (for Griffin that would be five years, $175 million).

While trades are certainly in the cards for Boston, at this point the Celtics seem more inclined to improve their overall talent base via the draft and free agency.

“It’s always a good thing when you have the opportunity to add value to your team and don’t have to change your team too much,” said Celtics’ reserve Gerald Green, who will be a free agent this summer. “I’m going to be very interested to see what they do as far as building a team. We’re in a good place right now as far as being where we want to be organization-wise. I feel like we’re one or two steps away from actually being at the Finals. I think Danny has some things to think about, but I’m sure he’s going to do the job. I’ve seen Danny go to work in these situations. He always makes the team better. I’m pretty sure he’s got something planned that, at the end of the day, is going to make this organization better.”

Indeed, the Celtics could very well strengthen their position for next season by simply locking up some of their core players who may hit the free agent market soon.

Boston may look to work out an extension with Isaiah Thomas before the start of this season. Because if he hits free agency in the summer of 2018, he will be poised to command a salary that in year one would be worth more than the entire four-year, $27 million deal he signed with Phoenix in 2014.

“Boston’s changed my career, changed my life,” Thomas said. “I would love to be here long-term and win championships here. But as you guys know, it’s a business and anything can happen. I know that and understand that. But I would love to be here. This has been everything to me. This city, this organization … it’s been good.”

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Typical Sherrod article: Instead of quoting the authoritative source (Danny Ainge), go get some quotes from players and "multiple league sources" and just add some intuitive statements about contract extensions and rebounding issues.  Nice read, but I learned nothing new.

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I love when they talk about "sauces".

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We should be focused on improving our frontcourt.   At times last year it was almost like we were playing 4 on 5.

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Hayward.

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
“It’s always a good thing when you have the opportunity to add value to your team and don’t have to change your team too much,” said Celtics’ reserve Gerald Green, who will be a free agent this summer. “I’m going to be very interested to see what they do as far as building a team. We’re in a good place right now as far as being where we want to be organization-wise. I feel like we’re one or two steps away from actually being at the Finals. I think Danny has some things to think about, but I’m sure he’s going to do the job. I’ve seen Danny go to work in these situations. He always makes the team better. I’m pretty sure he’s got something planned that, at the end of the day, is going to make this organization better.”

Gerald Green? I mean, I know he was happy to return to Boston when he re-signed here and I would take him back on another minimum contract (maybe Danny already told him as much), but it is a little peculiar to include such a long quote from a player who isn't that relevant to our near or distant future plans.

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
hhmmnnnnnnn
LET'S GO CELTICS!