Poll

Would you trade the #1 for Paul George if we signed Hayward this offseason?

Yes, Cavs can be beaten with PG and Hayward
9 (15.8%)
No, would rather keep Fultz
21 (36.8%)
Would rather sign Hayward, draft Fultz, and then gamble on trying to trade for/sign PG13 so we keep #1 pick
27 (47.4%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: Paul George replies to Pierce's 'Celtics should trade #1 pick for a star' tweet  (Read 6248 times)

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I think realistically if there's any team that could beat the GSW, AD, PG13 or Butler needs to be in the team.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
If he wants to go to the Lakers then why would he retweet this 'trade for #1 pick' on his own twitter?

He has also said publicly, that the player he wants to play most with is Gordon Hayward.

Not sure why so many people are saying 'he is destined/dying to go to Lakers'.

Where has he said that once? All we've seen his Magic Johnson imply that he's going after PG13.
Nothing from George, just weak rumors and speculation.

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
He's dying to go to the Lakers.
Let him. Not giving up 8 years of Fultz for 1 year of George.

Why do we get 8 years of Fultz? Isn't it just 5???
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Offline sirnastee

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 6
Where is the connection between George and Hayward?  I always wondered why George came out and said he would love to play with Hayward, especially when they play similar positions.  Did the 2 overlap at all when Hayward was at Butler and George was on the Pacers?  Ah, they were drafted the same year actually...

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
You could bring George, Butler, and Griffin to town and you're still not beating Cleveland or GSW

Danny knows this, which is why he's building for the post LeBron era.

I think Isaiah-Butler-George-Griffin-Horford would stand a pretty good chance against both Cleveland and GS. I mean, that'd be five All Stars, literally an All Star team.

LOL there's this thing called a salary cap... look into it.  Nice fantasy lineup though ;)

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Would be a terrible move that sets this franchise back a decade. Not exaggerating. George wasn't even able to get 1 win against the cavs. Yet Marcus smart and Kelly olynyk and all our random non-max non-stars were able to get a win against lebron. Yet this max guy couldn't put out a good game ? Or even 1 win? Wow

Fultz + Hayward is a significantly better move  than trading for anyone unless that player is davis.

I agree here. Not saying Paul George wouldnt do some major damage if brought here but, to throw away assets for an aging star would be a bad set back. I can see this tho...

Draft Fultz, give Jaylen Brown a bigger role, sign Hayward this summer, unload baggage such as ( sorry but this may be best for the team ) Isaiah Thomas, Bradley, Crowder, Olynyk and try to sign Ibaka and draft Micheal Porter, Mohamad Bamba or DeAndre Ayton with the 018 Draft pick

PG - Markelle Fultz/Terry Rozier
SG - Marcus Smart/Abdel Nader
PF - Jaylen Brown/Michael Porter
SF - Gordon Hayward/Al Horford
C - Al Horford/Serg Ibaka/Ante Zizic

I like that line up heading into 2019 and we do own Memphis Grizzlies 1st round pick that offseason

« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 04:51:41 AM by PaulP34 »

Offline BostonClamCrowdah

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 14
Would be a terrible move that sets this franchise back a decade. Not exaggerating. George wasn't even able to get 1 win against the cavs. Yet Marcus smart and Kelly olynyk and all our random non-max non-stars were able to get a win against lebron. Yet this max guy couldn't put out a good game ? Or even 1 win? Wow

Fultz + Hayward is a significantly better move  than trading for anyone unless that player is davis.

I agree here. Not saying Paul George wouldnt do some major damage if brought here but, to throw away assets for an aging star would be a bad set back. I can see this tho...

Draft Fultz, give Jaylen Brown a bigger role, sign Hayward this summer, unload baggage such as ( sorry but this may be best for the team ) Isaiah Thomas, Bradley, Crowder, Olynyk and try to sign Ibaka and draft Micheal Porter, Mohamad Bamba or DeAndre Ayton with the 018 Draft pick

PG - Markelle Fultz/Terry Rozier
SG - Marcus Smart/Abdel Nader
PF - Jaylen Brown/Michael Porter
SF - Gordon Hayward/Al Horford
C - Al Horford/Serg Ibaka/Ante Zizic

I like that line up heading into 2019 and we do own Memphis Grizzlies 1st round pick that offseason

Exactly how does that lineup solve our defense an rebounding problems down low..?

Oh it makes it worse?

That's a bad thing