Author Topic: Bradley for Holmes and Covington  (Read 7689 times)

Re: Bradley for Holmes and Covington
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2017, 09:35:10 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
I might be in the minority here but trading Bradley to sign Gordon Hayward does not make this team that much better.  Might not even be an upgrade.
That is a good point.  Hayward is a modest upgrade.  However Bradley will be 5-10M per year cheaper.  On the other hand, Griffin would be a huge upgrade at PF albeit with injury concerns.  However getting either probably does not make us competitive with the Cavs or GSW. 

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2017, 09:40:59 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I don't like any trade involving Bradley. He must be kept to win titles the way the NBA is built nowadays.

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2017, 05:37:20 PM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
TP to Rida for reprinting the salary situation play-by-player.

If cutting $3.5 million in salary is the goal, I see many other ways to do that other than trading Bradley. How about trading away some of those 2nd rounders and other/or small salaries? Or, like LilRip says, you might as well trade Crowder (instead of Bradley) if you are signing Hayward, especially if Covington is coming back.

There is barely any savings on the second round picks, because you have to have a 15 man roster and those are the cheapest salaries out there.

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2017, 05:38:13 PM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
I don't like any trade involving Bradley. He must be kept to win titles the way the NBA is built nowadays.

Do you also want to pay him 20 million plus next summer?

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2017, 08:10:31 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I might be in the minority here but trading Bradley to sign Gordon Hayward does not make this team that much better.  Might not even be an upgrade.

Wow.  Just wow.

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2017, 08:20:19 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Holmes and Covington are RFA in 2018 (next year). We actually picked Mickey a few spots before Holmes was selected in that draft. Then DA cut our 28th pick in the 1st, RJ Hunter.

Ideally we should not have to worry because we drafted a PF 16th last year and he spent an entire season in Europe.

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2017, 08:25:47 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I do understand this opinion. He can shoot it and he can cover the elite point gaurds that every good team has nowadays.

I just dont trust him to be consistent. Too often his jumper goes out of whack at the wrong time and he is too injury prone. Plus he cant create his own shot. I think the best option is to trade him and hope Marcus can slim down a bit and take on his role of covering elite ballhandlers.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2017, 09:16:42 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
TP to Rida for reprinting the salary situation play-by-player.

If cutting $3.5 million in salary is the goal, I see many other ways to do that other than trading Bradley. How about trading away some of those 2nd rounders and other/or small salaries? Or, like LilRip says, you might as well trade Crowder (instead of Bradley) if you are signing Hayward, especially if Covington is coming back.

There is barely any savings on the second round picks, because you have to have a 15 man roster and those are the cheapest salaries out there.

Yep, there are cap holds set at the minimum for empty rosters spots up to 12 (or is it still 13). So cutting a guy making 1.2 million actually only saves you 400,000. With that in mind it becomes very difficult to find 3.5 millions especially if you want Zizic on this team.

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2017, 09:33:50 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
The picks in the 50s are very unlikely to take a roster spot.

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2017, 11:41:33 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
If you're going to salary dump, I'd rather you trade Bradley for a decently high pick.  Maybe trade him for a 2018 or 2019 pick instead of this year to save the cap space. 

But very likely Bradley isn't leaving this year though. 

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2017, 02:13:10 AM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
Pretty sure by the trade deadline, one or possibly even two of Isaiah, Smart and Bradley won't be on the roster.

We would risk losing them for nothing as unrestricted free agents next summer and can't pay all 3, plus we need to free up minutes for Fultz who is cost controlled and actually earning more than Isaiah as a rookie next year

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2017, 05:23:06 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
This is an opinion but i believe being a two way player is priceless
A player like Marcus is very aggressive and plays with abandon that mindset does not instantly translate to offense.
Where in Avery's case,  he is much more clinical and precise defensively which makes his transition to shooter much easier.
The amount of energy,concentration and emotion must effect both on offense but more so Marcus .
To restate Avery Bradley may be the best two way player in league and only 26
Priceless in this era of guard dominance.

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2017, 05:37:00 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
A player like Marcus is very aggressive and plays with abandon that mindset does not instantly translate to offense.
Where in Avery's case,  he is much more clinical and precise defensively which makes his transition to shooter much easier.
The amount of energy,concentration and emotion must effect both on offense but more so Marcus .

Kawhi? Lebron? Draymond Green? Jimmy Butler? No?
- LilRip

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2017, 05:50:25 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Bradley has improved his game greatly but he isn't even close to being the best two way player in the league. These are just some of the names ahead of him.

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2017, 05:51:17 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Kawhi without a doubt. Maybe AD next best.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)