Author Topic: Funny Bill Burr Boston Celtics observation  (Read 3324 times)

Funny Bill Burr Boston Celtics observation
« on: May 28, 2017, 09:38:23 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
"Does Boston have a strict no explosive power clause with who ever they seem to draft. Why is everyone in the gym ready to jump over us?...we either have bruit force or just Kelly Olynyk's...we alway have that never going to quit, you can't wear us down, we're just going to keep coming, we are like Jason in Friday the 13th, no matter how fast you run, we're walking through the woods, you're going to trip over a branch and we are going to go on a run."

Hilarious because it's true; Bird, McHale, Parish, Pierce, Walker, old Kevin Garnett, old Ray Allen, Big Baby, Jared Sullinger, Horford etc.

Re: Funny Bill Burr Boston Celtics observation
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 09:44:20 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
"Does Boston have a strict no explosive power clause with who ever they seem to draft. Why is everyone in the gym ready to jump over us?...we either have bruit force or just Kelly Olynyk's...we alway have that never going to quit, you can't wear us down, we're just going to keep coming, we are like Jason in Friday the 13th, no matter how fast you run, we're walking through the woods, you're going to trip over a branch and we are going to go on a run."

Hilarious because it's true; Bird, McHale, Parish, Pierce, Walker, old Kevin Garnett, old Ray Allen, Big Baby, Jared Sullinger, Horford etc.
I listened to that, too. Hilarious and pretty spot on.

I'm hopeful that Fultz and Brown are our stars of the future and can lead the Celtics into new, more athletic, frontiers.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 09:48:46 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
It would indeed be nice to have a team with great athleticism, along with a legit rebounder.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 09:51:23 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Hopefully, we 'll add Hayward to this list as well. :)

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 10:09:11 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Fultz, Jaylen, Terry are gonna try to change that, I suspect.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 10:13:39 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Hilarious because it's true; Bird, McHale,

Not many men could jump over McHale so that is false he was an adept shot blocker.

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 10:19:38 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310

Not many men could jump over McHale so that is false he was an adept shot blocker.

HAHA I am sorry but after reading that all I could picture is you at your computer looking like this

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 10:20:17 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 09:08:47 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

That's because he is extremely long (he is rumored to have a 8' wingspan!!) not because he was overly athletic.

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2017, 09:56:54 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
That's because he is extremely long (he is rumored to have a 8' wingspan!!) not because he was overly athletic.

He could stay in front of James Worthy, something that was not easy athletic and could guard guards on a switch.

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/may-kevin-mchale-does-not-get-enough-credit-his-defense

I think one of the most athletic Celtics of all time was Russell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWelUNrJUMM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVR7rU6CkmI

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2017, 10:07:28 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Jaylen Brown and Terry rozier would beg to differ.  The Celtics history is littered with high upside athletic draftees who've never panned out. 

Fail.

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2017, 10:20:27 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
It's hard to find those crazy athletes that are also actually good at basketball. They tend to go early in the draft, we just haven't had lots of early picks during Ainge's tenure. For whatever reason, when Ainge does take an above average athlete in the draft it doesn't tend to work out. Gerald Green, Jajuan Johnson, JR Giddens, Fab Melo I think was pretty athletic. Terry Rozier is not a super athlete but his athleticism was definitely a part of why he was taken, and I'd add Jaylen Brown to that category as well.

He reportedly always liked Jeff Green in the draft, who he would later acquire. I do believe the report of him hoping Aaron Gordon would slip to 6 were true as well.

In the past, the Celtics did have Dee Brown who was athletic, and Len Bias was as well. They haven't had a Dwight Howard or Vince Carter, but as I said those guys usually go early.

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2017, 10:40:23 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

lol
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2017, 10:43:44 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Jaylen Brown and Terry rozier would beg to differ.  The Celtics history is littered with high upside athletic draftees who've never panned out. 

Fail.

was about to say somebody forgot about DEE BROWN!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2017, 11:08:49 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Fail.

was about to say somebody forgot about DEE BROWN!

And Gerald. Kedrick Brown. Greg Minor. Ricky Davis. J.R. Giddens. Jeff Green. Tony Allens. Dominique Wilkins at age 112. Marcus Banks. Ron Mercer. Jerome Moiso.

We've definitely had athletic players, just not a ton of great ones.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes