Author Topic: Report: Multiple lotto teams prefer Fox over Fultz, Fox stock rising  (Read 14691 times)

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I personally have Fox slightly above Ball and I think Lakers would be making a mistake to pass on him. He looks like a guy with a higher ceiling.
Same here. Ball is too high on the draft boards.

Why?

He led his hs team to a 35-0 record
Ucla to a 29-4 (15-17 year prior)

I think he will be pretty good. He is the best passer of the draft (especially in transition). Good shooter and rebounder

You always bring up college success as though it matters. The majority of NBA players weren't even that successful, from a team perspective, in college.

And then you bring up high school? Really? DeJuan Wagner scored 100 points in a HS game. Joe Forte and Keith Bogans were part of an amazing Dematha team in HS. So what's the point?

Your post is foolish

Next thing you will tell me is what is the point of attending college... Look how many hs drop outs became millionaires

How so? Can you please explain the relevance college success has to the NBA? The last 5 Naismith College Player of the Year winners are:

Frank Mason
Buddy Hield
Frank Kaminksy
Doug McDermott
Trey Burke

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I personally have Fox slightly above Ball and I think Lakers would be making a mistake to pass on him. He looks like a guy with a higher ceiling.

Why?

I think he will be pretty good. He is the best passer of the draft (especially in transition). Good shooter and rebounder

You always bring up college success as though it matters. The majority of NBA players weren't even that successful, from a team perspective, in college.

And then you bring up high school? Really? DeJuan Wagner scored 100 points in a HS game. Joe Forte and Keith Bogans were part of an amazing Dematha team in HS. So what's the point?

Your post is foolish

Next thing you will tell me is what is the point of attending college... Look how many hs drop outs became millionaires

How so? Can you please explain the relevance college success has to the NBA? The last 5 Naismith College Player of the Year winners are:

Frank Mason
Buddy Hield
Frank Kaminksy
Doug McDermott
Trey Burke

And good for these players...
Tim Duncan, Davis, Towns won all kinds of awards as well ...

A balance of both accomplishment and skills/potential is ideal

Dont just keep saying who cares what Ball has accomplished   since HS...it is one  of the key part of the overall picture

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Why?

Your post is foolish

Frank Mason
Buddy Hield
Frank Kaminksy
Doug McDermott
Trey Burke

Dont just keep saying who cares what Ball has accomplished   since HS...it is one  of the key part of the overall picture

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=83575.0

A good example of your college hyperbole is Perry Ellis. You were raving about him and I told you he'd be lucky to be on an NBA roster.

Your nonsensical quote just last year about Ellis and supposedly Ainge's thinking-

Ainge is high on players that are leaders of their team (from college).  Ellis is just that for Kansas this season.  If you look at their less than stellar talent level lineup this season, they have no business making it to the elite 8.   Ellis is a big reason why.

What does Ainge do? With his 6 picks he doesn't use any on the undrafted Ellis. Instead, he drafts Brown (very limited college success), Yabu (no college experience), and Zizic (no college experience).

Good call, Triboy. Read the thread that you started. The proof is in the pudding.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
[Eddie20 ]

Ellis is still a better prospect than Cliff Alexandre

Didn't he get kicked out of school?

Your type of prospect

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Lets not forget about Poetl and your golden boy Bender

Chriss picked 4 spots later performed better

Seems like you care about 'raw' skills, projects

This is not the 90s anymore...

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

I think Bender will be good. Was out with injury for some time last year. Let's see who is considered better in a few years, Bender or Chriss. My money's on Bender.

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

I think you're misremember things. Our conversation on Poetl wasn't on him vs the field, it was him vs Sabonis. I felt, and still do, that given his size/length he has more longterm potential as defensive minded center than Sabonis does as a (I don't even know what he is).

Same way I felt Alexander had more upside than Mickey. I'd be curious to know where Alexander, who has an NBA body, would be after 2 years of tutelage under the C's/Red Claws. At this point Mickey, another one of your "gems", seems to be not improved one iota since college.

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
[Eddie20 ]

Ellis is still a better prospect than Cliff Alexandre

Didn't he get kicked out of school?

Your type of prospect
geez louise guys, are you really going to take yet one more thread down the infamous "eddie-tb" rabbit hole?

you both made good points early on, but disagree with the argument of the other. that is fine and i dont think either of you of really changed the thinking of the other.

please, move on so this thead can as well. thanks.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Bulpett said in his piece today (only thing interesting in it really) that the Celtics were trying to protect their Nets pick for this year in trade discussions for a situation where it was the first pick, in an attempt to make sure they don't miss out on Fultz.

Fox is interesting but I guess I would say I am glad I am not "multiple other lotto teams" that are in the lottery every year probably.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/2017/05/bulpett_closer_look_at_possible_changes_to_celtics_roster_for_2017_18
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Delete
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 12:08:38 PM by triboy16f »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Why?

Your post is foolish

Frank Mason
Buddy Hield
Frank Kaminksy
Doug McDermott
Trey Burke

good points

Re: Report: Multiple lotto teams prefer Fox over Fultz
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2017, 06:24:56 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Per source, there are multiple teams in the lottery who feel De'Aaron Fox - not Fultz or Ball - is the top PG in the draft. Continues 2 rise

Lucky for us, Fultz is also a SG.

Don't kid yourself, he's not a SG.

There's only one ball, and you want it in the hands of your most effective offensive player as much as you can. Either Fultz pans out and he'll be the lead guard, or he doesn't, and this point is moot, anyway.

It doesn't matter that he'll probably play quite a bit of SG for the first few years of his career, what matters is how he projects in a best-case scenario, and that is with the ball in his hands.

Question:
Is Harden an SG or not?
Because he is the most used comparison between Fultz and a player with that much skill and NBA spacing can only do good things.

But yeah, Harden..SG or PG?

Dunno why he can't be the lead guard at SG ala Harden. He's got the complete offensive game.

Well, considering the season Harden just had, I'd say it's obvious he's a lead guard in the modern NBA.  I am not questioning Fultz' potential to be a great NBA lead guard, I am saying that if we draft him for his off-the-ball capabilities, we're doing it wrong and kidding ourselves.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
The Celtics are a high volume 3-point shooting team. Fox shot 25% from the college 3. I'm tired of bringing in guards whose shooting is "fixable, not broken". No more bricklayers, certainly not with the 1st pick in the draft.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
The Celtics are a high volume 3-point shooting team. Fox shot 25% from the college 3. I'm tired of bringing in guards whose shooting is "fixable, not broken". No more bricklayers, certainly not with the 1st pick in the draft.

I think even Ainge is tired of having too many guys who can't shoot well enough. He repeatedly stated that shooting is a major priority going forward. I don't expect him to draft a mediocre or poor shooter with the #1 pick.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
What do you guys think of a fultz / monk backcourt ? Would it work?  You get your high volume 3 pt shooter in monk and your "everything else" guy in fultz.  Then you got brown at the 3