Author Topic: Report: Multiple lotto teams prefer Fox over Fultz, Fox stock rising  (Read 14631 times)

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I personally have Fox slightly above Ball and I think Lakers would be making a mistake to pass on him. He looks like a guy with a higher ceiling.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 02:47:44 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
We'll hear a lot of crap like this. Agents giving reporters crap like this all the way up until draft night.

Fultz is the guy, as Scalabrine has indicated way before we even had the #1 pick.

Unless he interviews poorly (I've heard that he's pretty switched on kid), or has a seriously bad physical, do NOT overthink this.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
Wonder if the Celtics is one of those teams

https://mobile.twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/868494527199412224

Fix was extremely impressive in the tourney

Planted story from Fox's agent or from Calipari, don't believe this for a second

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
That skillset has really worked out for Elfrid Payton and Dennis Schroeder.
Honestly can't tell if this is sarcasm

I think he's serious. Dennis has been awesome and Payton has been good.

Dennis has been an average at best starting point guard.  Would you place him in the top 15 starting point guards in the league?  He has his games / moments, but has never been able to develop the consistency you want from your lead guard.

Payton has been bad.  Not actually good at defense as expected pre-draft and a detriment offensively due to his lack of shooting.

Would you be happy with either as a top 5 pick?

I certainly wouldn't.

Dennis is 23 years old. Avg 18 PPG 6.3 APG 34% from three .855% Ft

Yes anyone would be happy with that as a top five pick. Much better than Smart at #6.

Re: Report: Multiple lotto teams prefer Fox over Fultz
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2017, 04:25:36 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Per source, there are multiple teams in the lottery who feel De'Aaron Fox - not Fultz or Ball - is the top PG in the draft. Continues 2 rise

Lucky for us, Fultz is also a SG.

Don't kid yourself, he's not a SG.

There's only one ball, and you want it in the hands of your most effective offensive player as much as you can. Either Fultz pans out and he'll be the lead guard, or he doesn't, and this point is moot, anyway.

It doesn't matter that he'll probably play quite a bit of SG for the first few years of his career, what matters is how he projects in a best-case scenario, and that is with the ball in his hands.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2017, 06:41:27 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Per source, there are multiple teams in the lottery who feel De'Aaron Fox - not Fultz or Ball - is the top PG in the draft. Continues 2 rise

There's only one ball, and you want it in the hands of your most effective offensive player as much as you can. Either Fultz pans out and he'll be the lead guard, or he doesn't, and this point is moot, anyway.

It doesn't matter that he'll probably play quite a bit of SG for the first few years of his career, what matters is how he projects in a best-case scenario, and that is with the ball in his hands.

Question:
Is Harden an SG or not?
Because he is the most used comparison between Fultz and a player with that much skill and NBA spacing can only do good things.

But yeah, Harden..SG or PG?

Dunno why he can't be the lead guard at SG ala Harden. He's got the complete offensive game.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2017, 07:48:16 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Question:
Is Harden an SG or not?
Because he is the most used comparison between Fultz and a player with that much skill and NBA spacing can only do good things.

But yeah, Harden..SG or PG?

Dunno why he can't be the lead guard at SG ala Harden. He's got the complete offensive game.

I think we would all be pretty psyched if Fultz had Harden's skill/ability on the offensive end.

But I was just responding to the original tweet where it specifically mentioned the preference of Fox over Fultz/Ball as a PG. I said it in jest, but it is the only logical explanation for wanting Fox over Fultz pre-draft.

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
I mean this is a nonsensical statement. Fultz is going #1, so these "multiple teams" don't have a shot at Fultz anyway. That's like me sitting there saying I prefer the cute barista at my star bucks over the SI swimsuit cover model. Who exactly am I trying to convince?

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I personally have Fox slightly above Ball and I think Lakers would be making a mistake to pass on him. He looks like a guy with a higher ceiling.
Same here. Ball is too high on the draft boards.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Why?

He led his hs team to a 35-0 record
Ucla to a 29-4 (15-17 year prior)

I think he will be pretty good. He is the best passer of the draft (especially in transition). Good shooter and rebounder

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Why?

I think he will be pretty good. He is the best passer of the draft (especially in transition). Good shooter and rebounder

You always bring up college success as though it matters. The majority of NBA players weren't even that successful, from a team perspective, in college.

And then you bring up high school? Really? DeJuan Wagner scored 100 points in a HS game. Joe Forte and Keith Bogans were part of an amazing Dematha team in HS. So what's the point?

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Why?

Can't beat his man off the dribble consistently enough in the halfcourt. Ergo, struggles to create his own shot + struggles to create for others. Dodgy defensive ability. Not a star talent.

He will be good as a secondary playmaker and scorer (as a SG, not a PG).

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Why?

Did you happen to watch Fox smoke Ball in the tournament?  Imagine what NBA PGs like Westbrook, Irving, Thomas will do to him.  Ball has significant issues to address.  Right now, he's better suited as a shooting guard than a PG.  I'll refer you to this series of articles comparing Fultz, Smith, Ball and Fox. 

https://fansided.com/author/colezwicker/

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Why?

Did you happen to watch Fox smoke Ball in the tournament?  Imagine what NBA PGs like Westbrook, Irving, Thomas will do to him.  Ball has significant issues to address.  Right now, he's better suited as a shooting guard than a PG.  I'll refer you to this series of articles comparing Fultz, Smith, Ball and Fox. 

https://fansided.com/author/colezwicker/

It was one game... Fox didnt smoke him when they met earlier in the year

It was a great game for Fox... But you cant judge Ball off one game

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Why?

You always bring up college success as though it matters. The majority of NBA players weren't even that successful, from a team perspective, in college.

And then you bring up high school? Really? DeJuan Wagner scored 100 points in a HS game. Joe Forte and Keith Bogans were part of an amazing Dematha team in HS. So what's the point?

Your post is foolish

Next thing you will tell me is what is the point of attending college... Look how many hs drop outs became millionaires