Author Topic: Chris Vernon talks Hayward  (Read 2167 times)

Chris Vernon talks Hayward
« on: May 28, 2017, 06:00:21 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
On the Ringer, discussing Boston Celtics rebuild direction with Kevin O'Connor and says he was recently talking to Zach Harper of Talk Hoops, Harper who lived in Utah covering Jazz his personal belief is that Gordon Hayward will leave. He doesn't say he wants to go to the Celtics but says the players that GH are closest to are George Hill and Joe Ingles, both of whom are going to be moved on.

Re: Chris Vernon talks Hayward
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 06:02:06 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Wait, sorry the last part kind of confused me.

Is Hayward leaving because those two plan on moving on, or are those two moving on because they very much feel Hayward is leaving? Sorry just some awk wording there.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 06:28:19 PM »

• Bill Walton

Is Hayward leaving because those two plan on moving on, or are those two moving on because they very much feel Hayward is leaving? Sorry just some awk wording there.

Sorry I meant that the Jazz most likely will move on from Hill and Ingles because they won't be able to afford both.

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 06:33:53 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

Sorry I meant that the Jazz most likely will move on from Hill and Ingles because they won't be able to afford both.

Ah, okay, thanks and TP for the clarification.

If keeping both means keeping Hayward, I think Utah tries to retain them somehow.

But then again, that's an advantage BOS has. BOS can add Hayward and still add some more pieces. Utah can't really add another star unless they use some of their current players/starters to facilitate trades (meaning lateral moves).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 06:46:49 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
is he really gonna stay or go based on how many of his friends Utah resigns?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 07:19:54 PM »

• Bill Walton
is he really gonna stay or go based on how many of his friends Utah resigns?

Chris Vernon gives the example of Marc Gasol/Mike Conley in Memphis, Chris Paul/DeAndre Jordan in LA and Steph Curry/ Draymond Green personal discussions with Kevin Durant...it's the under contract star and friend that really matter to the free agent in the current NBA climate.

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 07:32:22 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Well he did try to leave Utah once when he signed an offer sheet @Charlotte. Whos to say he wont try to leave once again