Author Topic: Rozier and Crowder to Kings trade idea  (Read 4876 times)

Re: Rozier and Crowder to Kings trade idea
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2017, 07:44:39 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Don't see Sacramento giving up the 10th pick for 2 bench players. Not exactly why the traded for that pick, I am sure.

Not bench players.

Crowder wouldn't be a bench player. Rudy Gay is a FA and Crowder is miles better than any SF they have on their roster and is a proven starter in the NBA with a good contract. Depending on their evaluation, Rozier could come in and compete with Darren Collison for the starting PG job and allow Hield to concentrate more on his offense.

With that said I don't think they'd do it because they're miles away from competing and would rather have picks. At this stage they'd probably rather swing for the fences with the pick then get a couple of base hits with Crowder and Rozier. But the return in this deal isn't really all that bad especially if we threw in a 1st rounder (BOS 2018 perhaps).
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2017, 08:07:42 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Don't see Sacramento giving up the 10th pick for 2 bench players. Not exactly why the traded for that pick, I am sure.

Not bench players.

Crowder wouldn't be a bench player. Rudy Gay is a FA and Crowder is miles better than any SF they have on their roster and is a proven starter in the NBA with a good contract. Depending on their evaluation, Rozier could come in and compete with Darren Collison for the starting PG job and allow Hield to concentrate more on his offense.

With that said I don't think they'd do it because they're miles away from competing and would rather have picks. At this stage they'd probably rather swing for the fences with the pick then get a couple of base hits with Crowder and Rozier. But the return in this deal isn't really all that bad especially if we threw in a 1st rounder (BOS 2018 perhaps).

how many young players can the Kings/coaching staff manage?  And the inconsistent level of play day in and day out is a headache

Crowder and Rozier would be solid additions .  I agree with the "fit" you described

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2017, 08:07:55 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
The kings laugh and hang up

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2017, 08:22:42 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
[dang], Crowder started for us on an ECF team and is only a bench scrub for Sacramento.  Brad Stevens doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves.

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2017, 08:33:42 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
This trade makes a lot of sense if the Celtics know they are adding Hayward. If we did this trade and then Hayward doesn't come here we are suddenly really weak at the wing.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2017, 09:38:22 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
FYI the King's DO NOT OWN THEIR 2019 1ST ROUND PICK
Philly owns the King's unprotected 2019 pick.

The Kings will have Gay, Afflalo, Tolliver, and others coming off of their books in 2018. They will have a lot of $$$ to throw at free agents that summer (1 year from now basically). But because of their horrible organization, reputation, past moves, and etc. IMO they will not attract any of the top/mid-range FA's.....even if they overpay (which many teams are already doing anyway)

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2017, 09:48:55 PM »

• Ray Allen

Not bench players.

how many young players can the Kings/coaching staff manage?  And the inconsistent level of play day in and day out is a headache

Crowder and Rozier would be solid additions .  I agree with the "fit" you described
Collison is an UFA as well as Evans and Mcclmore. Rudy Gay used his player option...

I don't think the Kings will want those players back. They will try to draft the best PG and SF to add to their young bigs and Hield. IMO Tatum and Smith Jr would be the best case scenario for them, but they will have to trade up to get Smith Jr presumably.

I'm concerned that they could give the Nets a run for worst team...even if BKN trades Lopez for picks.

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2017, 10:30:21 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
im not against Hayward or keeping Crowder

I just can not imagine them BOTH on the Celtics together ........we need to keep Jaylen over Crowder

If DA thinks he will land Hayward .....then he has to have a plan in place to trade Crowder to somebody .....Brown is the future , cheaper , and gonna be way better than Crowder .

adding Hayward has to mean subtracting Crowder .....especically if you add Fultz.

I like ideas to trade Jae ......the possibility is starting to become more real

I see Crowder fitting better than our guard excess.  I see JB playing SG not SF.

We'll probably run something like this:

PG IT/Fultz
SG Bradley/Brown
SF Hayward/Crowder

trade Smart

But after come the 2018 season I can see it looking like this:

PG Fultz/Rozier
SG Brown/Bradley
SF hayward/Crowder

Money talks and IT walks

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2017, 10:41:50 PM »

• Ray Allen

I just can not imagine them BOTH on the Celtics together ........we need to keep Jaylen over Crowder

If DA thinks he will land Hayward .....then he has to have a plan in place to trade Crowder to somebody .....Brown is the future , cheaper , and gonna be way better than Crowder .

adding Hayward has to mean subtracting Crowder .....especically if you add Fultz.

I see Crowder fitting better than our guard excess.  I see JB playing SG not SF.

PG IT/Fultz
SG Bradley/Brown
SF Hayward/Crowder

trade Smart

PG Fultz/Rozier
SG Brown/Bradley
SF hayward/Crowder

Money talks and IT walks
I completely agree with Jaylen Brown being our SG.

In your scenario it would be better to trade IT instead of letting him walk in a year

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2017, 10:42:59 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

PG IT/Fultz
SG Bradley/Brown
SF Hayward/Crowder

trade Smart

PG Fultz/Rozier
SG Brown/Bradley
SF hayward/Crowder

Money talks and IT walks

In your scenario it would be better to trade IT instead of letting him walk in a year
Trade IT and you can take Hayward right out of that scenario.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2017, 01:05:13 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

PG IT/Fultz
SG Bradley/Brown
SF Hayward/Crowder

trade Smart

PG Fultz/Rozier
SG Brown/Bradley
SF hayward/Crowder

Money talks and IT walks

I'm not sure the return for a rental would be worth much more than the benefit of winning for team culture next year and how his presence would benefit a rookie.

I do see the roster shaping up nicely that way as well though, partly because I'm high on Rozier. I think I posted something like that last week, and I'd rather see Smart go than Bradley.

At the same time, I could see Crowder being requested in a package going out and rolling with G Green at the minimum, though as a 3/4 Crowder does fit a particular need.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 01:16:52 AM by More Banners »

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2017, 01:18:58 AM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79

PG IT/Fultz
SG Bradley/Brown
SF Hayward/Crowder

trade Smart

PG Fultz/Rozier
SG Brown/Bradley
SF hayward/Crowder

Money talks and IT walks

Trade IT and you can take Hayward right out of that scenario.

:o IT would need to play a few gams to show he's still got it before a team would trade for him.  Hayward would sign in July, so by December when IT starts to play agin Hayward will already be under contract.   ;)