Author Topic: How real is the Gordon Hayward possibility?  (Read 8610 times)

How real is the Gordon Hayward possibility?
« on: May 28, 2017, 01:34:16 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
All I keep reading here is that everybody wants and thinks Hayward is going to sign with the Celtics. If we are talking about off season topics perhaps the most used responses are: Draft Fultz, sign Hayward, get a PF for rebounding.

And yes, I am totally on this train. I would love Fultz for the long term, Hayward would make us instantly a better team (not a CLE thread yet) and we need someone like Taj Gibson.

I am just wondering how real the possiblity is that Hayward chooses the Celtics over the Jazz or any other team. The Jazz can offer more money, he loves playing in Utah, great young team, if Hill (a friend of him) stays is he leaving?, great chemistry with Snyder who is about as good as a coach as BS.

Ofcourse the happy ending scenario about going back to his college coach, joining a young talented team like Boston and playing for such a franchise, is right there.

But are they any rumours, serious rumours that he is considering leaving Utah, I can't really find them. Anybody sure he is joining us with some valid signs!?

i do think we are 2nd on his list, just not so sure about leaving Utah yet...

Re: How real is the Gordon Hayward possibility?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 01:49:00 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
All I keep reading here is that everybody wants and thinks Hayward is going to sign with the Celtics. If we are talking about off season topics perhaps the most used responses are: Draft Fultz, sign Hayward, get a PF for rebounding.

And yes, I am totally on this train. I would love Fultz for the long term, Hayward would make us instantly a better team (not a CLE thread yet) and we need someone like Taj Gibson.

I am just wondering how real the possiblity is that Hayward chooses the Celtics over the Jazz or any other team. The Jazz can offer more money, he loves playing in Utah, great young team, if Hill (a friend of him) stays is he leaving?, great chemistry with Snyder who is about as good as a coach as BS.

Ofcourse the happy ending scenario about going back to his college coach, joining a young talented team like Boston and playing for such a franchise, is right there.

But are they any rumours, serious rumours that he is considering leaving Utah, I can't really find them. Anybody sure he is joining us with some valid signs!?

1.Utah can only offer a little more money
2.Celtics with Hayward a far better team than Utah with Hayward
3.Snyder is good but no way in hell he can coach this celtic team to ECF and be the last team to stand besides the final two teams, they need 7 games to beat a griffin-less Clippers and swept by Warriors
4.Utah a small market and they have no future ahead(Exum isn't going to trasform and Gobert can only lead them this far)
5.He can easily have the exactly same house of Utah in Boston ($$$)

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 01:58:02 PM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
I think the possibility is very real.  We are a 50 win team without Hayward, and one of our biggest needs is another scorer.  Hayward would be a great fit for us and we are one of the few teams that could add him. 

If you're Gordon you probably look at the competition in both conferences and ask yourself which one has a better chance of reaching the finals?  The Celtics made it to the ECF this year, and adding Gordon would put us one step closer to knocking off LeBron.

Now that he didn't make the All NBA team Utah can't offer the big contract, so Boston has to be pretty appealing.

Oh yeah, and Stevens.  I think that means a lot too.

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 01:58:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Boston can offer something Utah won't ever have .

CBS

oh .....and Clam chowder
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 02:30:58 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 02:03:59 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
I think its 60/40 right now that he signs with us.

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 02:13:09 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Seemingly very real - I was reading a Utah forum thread that another poster had linked here somewhere and many of their fans think it's basically a done deal that he's leaving to join Boston.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 02:13:31 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

1.Utah can only offer a little more money
2.Celtics with Hayward a far better team than Utah with Hayward
3.Snyder is good but no way in hell he can coach this celtic team to ECF and be the last team to stand besides the final two teams, they need 7 games to beat a griffin-less Clippers and swept by Warriors
4.Utah a small market and they have no future ahead(Exum isn't going to trasform and Gobert can only lead them this far)
5.He can easily have the exactly same house of Utah in Boston ($$$)

Let's not forget that he tried to leave. Score, to Charlotte and was mad Utah matched the offer.

I would say it's 97% that Hayward signs with Boston, 1% he signs with Utah, 1% he signs elsewhere, and 1% he gets in a horrific accident or illness and doesn't play again.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 02:20:29 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Happy wife happy life.

May depend on where she wants to go. Or stay.

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2017, 02:27:22 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Happy wife happy life.

come on now.....not sure I want him , if he is THaT hen pecked ......LOL. .....want an agressive attitude ..

Im the man ,  we are going to Boston wife......like it or lump it ......Im king .... ;D

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2017, 02:30:12 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
Seemingly very real - I was reading a Utah forum thread that another poster had linked here somewhere and many of their fans think it's basically a done deal that he's leaving to join Boston.

i have quite a few friends in Utah, they all feel the same. another tidbit.. GH's main friends on team don't have contracts.  (Ingles, Hill)

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2017, 02:32:27 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
Happy wife happy life.

come on now.....not sure I want him , if he is THaT hen pecked ......LOL. .....want an agressive attitude ..

Im the man ,  we are going to Boston wife......like it or lump it ......Im king .... ;D

Hah. Dont know what year you're livin' in, man. It ain't 1950 anymore haha. You are right though, with his career, if Boston and playing for Brad Stevens again will make him the happiest then that is what he should do.

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2017, 02:32:46 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
I read something that said his best option financially is to sign a 3 year deal, then hope he qualifies for the super max.  I do think we need to do a sign and trade to make that happen.  I think if you move teams as a free agent you can't get a super max.

Boston is better then Utah as is, and adding Hayward makes us even better, pushing us further ahead of Utah.  Then add in Fultz, and a top 5 pick next year and our future out look is so much better than Utah is is almost silly to think that he would stay in Utah.

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2017, 02:36:14 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It's at least as real as Horford to Boston, right?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2017, 02:39:20 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Wasn't Utah interested in Olynyk, when he was drafted?....sounds like a perfect S&T deal....except Kelly won't wanna go there.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2017, 02:52:52 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
It's at least as real as Horford to Boston, right?

And KG to Boston...etc.