Poll

Ainge Does Not Draft Fultz. How Do You Feel?

REALLY UPSET
59 (53.2%)
A Little Upset, But I Trust Ainge, And Maybe He Sees Something In Another Player From Workouts
40 (36%)
Not Upset At All. Would Rather Trade The Pick For A Star
3 (2.7%)
Not Upset At All. I See "Bust" Written All Over Him And/Or Prefer Someone Else
4 (3.6%)
Other Reaction (Comment Below!)
5 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Author Topic: How Upset Would You Be If Ainge DIDN'T Draft Fultz With #1?  (Read 13274 times)

Re: How Upset Would You Be If Ainge DIDN'T Draft Fultz With #1?
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2017, 05:17:52 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
very upset until I took another look at Tatum's highlight video.

So I can see him trading down for Tatum and some more consideration from Philly.

i think we must have saw the same video ...my exact reaction too..LOL......Tatum looked fit, big  and strong as a mule .....able to do alot of hard work , take punishment inside and dish it out ....while having a good court IQ ..... He has Stevens written all over him. 

But that shiney new Ferrari Fultz .....is awful tempting .....in Celtic green trim.

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2017, 05:44:06 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523
when i heard Ball working out for 76 ers

That comes from possibility Celtics NOT taking Fultz ,  instead taking Jackson or Tatum with first.

Ball must not have a Laker deal wrapped 100 %

Lakers might be going to take Fultz over Ball if Celtics pass ......his actions might indicate this possibly

This could leave Ball way out in the cold ,   he could fall several,places.  Better to have somebody want you .....as a plan B
The idea of Fultz running around in the purple and gold sickens me.

This!!!!   If the Lakers get Fultz and he turns out to be a superstar, that would be the worst case scenario.   I am sickened that the Lakers for the third straight year have bested the odds and got the #2 pick, but will be sickened further if they end up with the consensus #1 talent.

If C's love Tatum or Jackson -- make a deal with Philly.  I think it's a good enough bet that LA will take Ball if Fultz isn't on the board.  If DA and CBS love Tatum or Jackson it's worth it to see what they can pull out of Philly.   How about the #3 plus the worst of 2018 Philly or Lakers pick for Fultz.

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2017, 06:03:49 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!

That comes from possibility Celtics NOT taking Fultz ,  instead taking Jackson or Tatum with first.

Lakers might be going to take Fultz over Ball if Celtics pass ......his actions might indicate this possibly

This could leave Ball way out in the cold ,   he could fall several,places.  Better to have somebody want you .....as a plan B

This!!!!   If the Lakers get Fultz and he turns out to be a superstar, that would be the worst case scenario.   I am sickened that the Lakers for the third straight year have bested the odds and got the #2 pick, but will be sickened further if they end up with the consensus #1 talent.

If C's love Tatum or Jackson -- make a deal with Philly.  I think it's a good enough bet that LA will take Ball if Fultz isn't on the board.  If DA and CBS love Tatum or Jackson it's worth it to see what they can pull out of Philly.   How about the #3 plus the worst of 2018 Philly or Lakers pick for Fultz.

Yeah, if you read my ORIGINAL POST here, I made this thread because I had a dream that Fultz was dominating with the Lakers, after Ainge DID NOT draft Fultz (took someone else).  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2017, 06:47:09 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

Yeah, if you read my ORIGINAL POST here, I made this thread because I had a dream that Fultz was dominating with the Lakers, after Ainge DID NOT draft Fultz (took someone else).  :laugh:

i have a hard time visualizing Fultz in a Laker uniform as well .  I think Fultz is more of a strict student of the game like IT and Brown ....less of. showboat mentality.   

my nightmare of Fultz is his knees .   I keep pinching myself ..wakeup ..LOL

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2017, 07:13:35 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

i have a hard time visualizing Fultz in a Laker uniform as well .  I think Fultz is more of a strict student of the game like IT and Brown ....less of. showboat mentality.   

my nightmare of Fultz is his knees .   I keep pinching myself ..wakeup ..LOL

It just seems so perfect.

Humble Fultz to Boston. Showboating Lonzo to La La Land  :laugh:

« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2017, 07:35:01 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I would be inconsolable. I'd probably storm out of the Barclay's center, promptly after boo'ing for 10 minutes. I would then go to the shake shack across the street and binge eat burgers till I pass out.

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2017, 08:34:07 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
Fultz is the exact kind of player we have been waiting for to help us towards the end of the games and take pressure of IT. No more double's on IT if we have another lights out shooter as another option. I do not want anyone not named Fultz in first position. Only a trade for Davis would I ever consider and this as likely as us discovering martians living under the red planet. Really upset for sure!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2017, 08:38:09 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
I'd be really upset if he drafted Tatum, WITHOUT trading down to do it.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2017, 08:40:53 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Trading down is probably not an option. It takes two sides to make a trade.

« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2017, 08:47:57 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
Where's the "Not upset at all because I trust Ainge than any CBers" option?

« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2017, 08:48:15 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
 >:( :o :(

Not happy. Shaken.

Keep the pick and draft Fultz, don't over think this.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2017, 08:57:48 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Trading down is probably not an option. It takes two sides to make a trade.

In what world is Fultz not the perfect player for Philly? We would get an additional, significant asset in addition to the #3 in a trade with Philly (or anybody else). Don't tell me nobody is calling Danny about acquiring the #1 unless your comment infers that Danny is the one not willing to move the pick, which is actually quite likely.

As others have said, though, I really hope he just keeps the pick and takes Fultz.

« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2017, 09:25:37 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Where's the "Not upset at all because I trust Ainge than any CBers" option?

I guess the 2nd option.

« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2017, 09:29:34 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

So I can see him trading down for Tatum and some more consideration from Philly.

i think we must have saw the same video ...my exact reaction too..LOL......Tatum looked fit, big  and strong as a mule .....able to do alot of hard work , take punishment inside and dish it out ....while having a good court IQ ..... He has Stevens written all over him. 

But that shiney new Ferrari Fultz .....is awful tempting .....in Celtic green trim.

Thinking.... what if Tatum is another Giannis?

« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2017, 09:30:49 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

Thinking.... what if Tatum is another Giannis?
How so?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008