Author Topic: Bradley and crowder  (Read 6593 times)

Bradley and crowder
« on: May 28, 2017, 12:31:25 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
If... if the celtics sign hayward and fultz...i see bradley and crowder getting traded...
Bradley is a good defender who can score 15 but i do not think that ainge will want to overpay him
Crowder is a good defender but i played incosistend in playoffs and brown has shown me  he is the guy...
I think ainge should target teams with  needs that of guard- forwards
Looking around i would say:
If gay leaves the kings would be delighted to trade koufos for crowder and develop papa and stein
Bucks would be happy to play bradley next to ade and middleton.. if they offered maker and a pkck i would do it...
With horford koufos zizic maker we have length we never had...

Re: Bradley and crowder
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 12:56:00 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Crowder isn't being traded.
He is good and cheap.

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 01:01:27 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
He is good and cheap.

;D

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 01:03:26 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
He is good and cheap.

Also true for everyone else on the roster, save Horford.

I guess nobody is being traded.

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 07:34:42 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
He is good and cheap.

Which is why he may be traded.

We will need to get better to compete with Cleveland. That means replacing guys like Crowder in the starting lineup. He's cheap, a 14ppg scorer and a plus defender so he has value and can fit in many team systems. He may have more value to another team than the Celtics and that's why a player gets traded.

Moreover, if Fultz is drafted there's a glut at the guard spot. Thus moving Crowder gives the minutes to Jaylen Brown who may be a better fit, has massive potential and whose PER 36 numbers are quite close to Crowder's already (though not quite there as a defender yet). Thus Crowder is a prime trade candidate - a guy we can move who has value and whose replacement is already on the roster. The only "backfill" required would be a backup SF/PF and those are fairly easy to find.

I almost expect that Crowder and either Smart or Bradley will be traded this offseason with the aim being either future picks or more likely interior help. It's time to redistribute the roster a bit to get ready to push to the next level.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 07:55:46 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
He is good and cheap.

There. I fixed it for you.

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 07:59:57 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
I think Crowder has gotten a bad shake from a few Crowder-haters here.  I think "good and cheap" is a great description.  Regular season averages were 14/6/2 with 54% from 2 and 40% from 3.  Solid starter; very good 6th/7th guy.  Playoffs, where he was ripped to shreds almost every game here, were very similar to reg season with small dip from 3 (35%).  His defense isn't at Bradley or Smart level, but a good defender.  I think he has some decent trade value.  And Bradley should get considerable interest. Would love to keep Avery but I agree that he'll be too expensive to sign.

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 10:00:40 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Yea let's trade Jae for a backup C....Lets penalize Jae for not being the starting SF we want (Hayward/PG13)--not by eventually benching him--but by trading him for a guy that doesn't even deserve to be in the same conversation. What a joke...

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2017, 10:45:17 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Yea let's trade Jae for a backup C....Lets penalize Jae for not being the starting SF we want (Hayward/PG13)--not by eventually benching him--but by trading him for a guy that doesn't even deserve to be in the same conversation. What a joke...

The only person discussing trading Jae for a backup C is you. Projecting much?
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2017, 11:01:23 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
He is good and cheap.

if 'everyone else save Horford' is cheap and good, why is 'nobody' being traded?

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2017, 11:02:49 AM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
I see house cleaning trades coming at the deadline.  If Fultz looks like the real deal and the 2018 Brooklyn pick looks to be top 5, dont be surprised if we move some players you really like, such as Crowder, for less than they're worth or at least less than you think they're worth.

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2017, 11:08:18 AM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
He is good and cheap.

if 'everyone else save Horford' is cheap and good, why is 'nobody' being traded?
because by Chris22's logic you dont trade cheap good players, and Al Horford isnt being traded for other reasons. Thus no one is being traded because the entire roster is either not being traded of Al Horford(who also isnt being traded).

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2017, 11:11:24 AM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4

The only person discussing trading Jae for a backup C is you. Projecting much?
The OP literally wrote that we should trade Crowder for Koufos. He started last season but his career averages of 6 points and 5 rebounds suggest that he is a backup Center.

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2017, 11:20:47 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I think Crowder has gotten a bad shake from a few Crowder-haters here.  I think "good and cheap" is a great description.  Regular season averages were 14/6/2 with 54% from 2 and 40% from 3.  Solid starter; very good 6th/7th guy.  Playoffs, where he was ripped to shreds almost every game here, were very similar to reg season with small dip from 3 (35%).  His defense isn't at Bradley or Smart level, but a good defender.  I think he has some decent trade value.  And Bradley should get considerable interest. Would love to keep Avery but I agree that he'll be too expensive to sign.
Pretty much this. Not sure why all the hate. He just had the best season of his career. He's a 3 and D guy. He's probably best utilized off the bench but since the C's don't have any real offensestate outside of IT, they tend to rely more heavily on role players for scoring.

I think a package of Bradley and Crowder can net you a nice big/role players back.

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2017, 02:04:59 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I think they will be victims of the minutes crunch if those two players are added.  So using them to fix the big man / rebounding issue makes sense.   

Now if the Celtics went after Blake instead, then that changes things.