Author Topic: 2019 Draft prospects: Bagley, Greek Freak's brother, Shaq's son, Bol's son  (Read 10165 times)

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

Bagely is projected to be a great player but he does not posses the insane length that AD does. Length is not a deciding factor at all, if a guy can ball he can ball...I;m just throwing it out there.

Also have seen that Bol BOL has been measured with a 9'8'' standing reach....that would be the longest ever.
Pretty sure his reach isn't as long as his fathers......

AD doesn't have insane length. It's rather ordinary as NBA big men go. He's just a great player.

In the minds of some, Bagley as more highly regarded at this point in his development than AD was. Rivals didn't even have AD as the top prospect in the country as a HS senior.

Yeah, it would be strange for him to have a higher standing reach than his father, who was ~5 inches taller. Also, I've read Rudy Gobert has a standing reach of 9'9".

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I'm not as sold on Bagley as others who instantly see the hype.

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I'm not as sold on Bagley as others who instantly see the hype.

I've just heard about him and I already hate him because for a sweet second I thought it was gonna be John Bagley Jr.

You just can't teach that kind of athleticism.

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

Bagely is projected to be a great player but he does not posses the insane length that AD does. Length is not a deciding factor at all, if a guy can ball he can ball...I;m just throwing it out there.

Also have seen that Bol BOL has been measured with a 9'8'' standing reach....that would be the longest ever.
Pretty sure his reach isn't as long as his fathers......

AD doesn't have insane length. It's rather ordinary as NBA big men go. He's just a great player.

In the minds of some, Bagley as more highly regarded at this point in his development than AD was. Rivals didn't even have AD as the top prospect in the country as a HS senior.

Yeah, it would be strange for him to have a higher standing reach than his father, who was ~5 inches taller. Also, I've read Rudy Gobert has a standing reach of 9'9".

FWIW:  Mohammad Bamba's standing reach has been measured at 9' 6".
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
It appears that Marvin Bagley might reclassify and play college ball this upcoming season.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/marvin-bagley-iii-mulls-reclassifying-playing-in-college-this-year-duke-usc-zona-in-play/

This would be incredibly good news for us. Means 2 maybe-transcendent talents (him and Doncic) in a year that we have the Nets pick and likely the Lakers pick.

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
It appears that Marvin Bagley might reclassify and play college ball this upcoming season.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/marvin-bagley-iii-mulls-reclassifying-playing-in-college-this-year-duke-usc-zona-in-play/

This would be incredibly good news for us. Means 2 maybe-transcendent talents (him and Doncic) in a year that we have the Nets pick and likely the Lakers pick.

The draft definitely got more interesting.

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375

Even if we don't get the Lakers pick, at this point it turns what looks like a 4 stud draft into a 5 stud draft. Less stress over the Nets pick. Would be huge!

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Even if we don't get the Lakers pick, at this point it turns what looks like a 4 stud draft into a 5 stud draft. Less stress over the Nets pick. Would be huge!
exactly. I'm also seeing people say Bagley is way better than porter or anyone. bagley is equal to porter so far and probably equal to the others. All these guys are good and we'd be lucky to be any of them on board.