Poll

Pretend Hayward Stays In Utah, But CP3 Leaves Clippers. Still Want To Target Griffin?

Yes, If His Physical/Medical Info Checks Out And Ainge Agrees. Fills A HUGE NEED For The Team.
31 (55.4%)
No, TOO MUCH AN INJURY RISK. STAY AWAY.
17 (30.4%)
I'd Hesitate And Consider, But Still Probably No.
8 (14.3%)
Bad Poll. He's DEFINITELY Staying With The Clippers Regardless.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: If Hayward Stays, Still On The "Griffin-To-Boston" Train Or Not Anymore?  (Read 9669 times)

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
We all know the talk of the next month in terms of Free Agency will be on Hayward, as he would be a perfect fit for this system and is versatile (could play anywhere from the 2-4 in certain situations), and his defense is underrated (he's an above average defender with size who DOES NOT hurt you on the defensive end). And of course, his scoring ability (can give you 25-30 a night easily).

But another guy who is available is Blake Griffin. He would be a perfect fit here too, and could help the front court A LOT, and ultimately solves the "add a star and add a PF/C" problem like a 2-for-1.

But of course, there's the concerns about his injury issues and all that, which make people against signing him or hesitate in going after him (me included).

That being said, there's been rumblings about Chris Paul possibly joining the Spurs (somehow, because idk how Spurs can make it work with the less cap space they have), or another team like the Pelicans.

I predict Paul, Griffin stay in LAC and Hayward stays in Utah, BUT...

If Chris Paul does end up leaving the Clippers and Hayward stays in Utah... would you be okay if the C's targeted Griffin, or would you rather try for someone else like Millsap, OR just draft Fultz, re-sign some guys, sign guys using exceptions (Gibson?), offer extensions (IT/Smart/AB?) and keep rolling into next season?

The Celtics are serious in trying to add front court talent this summer, which includes Hayward, Griffin, or even George (via trade):

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/source-celtics-offseason-focus-all-star-frontcourt-addition

« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 01:23:35 PM by Phantom255x »
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
I'm no Griffin fan. Needs more consistent jumper & range. And the injury thing. And getting injured assaulting a member of team staff is a nonstarter. Not the type of player or pro that I'd max, and not a person I want in Green.

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Amar'e vol. 2

Thanks, but no thanks.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm no Griffin fan. Needs more consistent jumper & range. And the injury thing. And getting injured assaulting a member of team staff is a nonstarter. Not the type of player or pro that I'd max, and not a person I want in Green.

TP for the response. Yeah, if he would be more willing to post up too, he could be a superstar IMHO, but he doesn't...

Amar'e vol. 2

Thanks, but no thanks.

And TP to you too. I think it's a massive risk as well.

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
We all know the talk of the next month in terms of Free Agency will be on Hayward, as he would be a perfect fit for this system and is versatile (could play anywhere from the 2-4 in certain situations), and his defense is underrated (he's an above average defender with size who DOES NOT hurt you on the defensive end). And of course, his scoring ability (can give you 25-30 a night easily).

But another guy who is available is Blake Griffin. He would be a perfect fit here too, and could help the front court A LOT, and ultimately solves the "add a star and add a PF/C" problem like a 2-for-1.

But of course, there's the concerns about his injury issues and all that, which make people against signing him or hesitate in going after him (me included).

That being said, there's been rumblings about Chris Paul possibly joining the Spurs (somehow, because idk how Spurs can make it work with the less cap space they have), or another team like the Pelicans.

If Chris Paul does end up leaving the Clippers and Hayward stays in Utah... would you be okay if the C's targeted Griffin, or would you rather try for someone else like Millsap, OR just draft Fultz, re-sign some guys, sign guys using exceptions (Gibson?), offer extensions (IT/Smart/AB?) and keep rolling into next season?

The Celtics are serious in trying to add front court talent this summer, which includes Hayward, Griffin, or even George (via trade):

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/source-celtics-offseason-focus-all-star-frontcourt-addition
No,No to injurys i have had enough of it
while we aren't winning rings staying pat we at least win games

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

No,No to injurys i have had enough of it
while we aren't winning rings staying pat we at least win games

Yeah, it would pretty much be the alternative.

Compete and "rebuild" at the same time, ride out the "Lebron era"

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
The fit is perfect and he is still a star player in my book. The injuries on the other hand, terrify me.

I really am not sure what I do here.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
The fit is perfect and he is still a star player in my book. The injuries on the other hand, terrify me.

I really am not sure what I do here.

Probably hesitate but ultimately pass.

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Would be smarter, risk-wise, to sign Millsap. But if Millsap stays too, then, well, we need to sign somebody or we totally lose that cap space going forward, might as well gamble on an injury risk with superstar upside.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Millsap and horford tried it for years and couldn't get it done . What's an older slower Millsap going to accomplish?

Thankfully he isn't on our radar

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Millsap and horford tried it for years and couldn't get it done . What's an older slower Millsap going to accomplish?

If we whiff on everyone, wouldn't surprise me if Melo or Millsap are on our radars.

Not top targets but "fallback" options.

Not saying it's guaranteed but it's a possibility.

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Number 2 (maybe even 1) seed in the East and a pretty much guaranteed trip to the ECF. Would Griffin accomplish more than that? Would anybody accomplish more than that?

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I dislike his demeanor, and the injury history is too extensive for my liking.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Danny already said he isn't going to go for the 3rd best available player at positions

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Absolutely. I still prefer Griffin over Hayward, to be honest.