Author Topic: Trade idea  (Read 1380 times)

Trade idea
« on: May 27, 2017, 08:07:49 AM »

Offline timriffic

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
DA has a good relationship with the Suns so:
IT for Bledsoe   and fillers of some kind to make it work cap wise
Suns do it because the need cash and want Knight to start, IT  as a six'd  man  good move
Boston does it because DA loves Bledsoe  and gives Celtics a better rounded pointat only 27 yrs old
Boston then trades #1 to Philly for #3 and Saric  and Holmes and drafts Josh Jackson

Celtics+ Jackson,Holmes ,Saric, Bledsoe, and the Best of the rest

Re: Trade idea
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 08:32:07 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I really don't like either part of the idea.  Bledsoe is always injured and his knees have a ton of wear and tear.  It seemed like a fluke that he was healthy for as long as he was last year, and then the Suns shut him down with a lot of games to go both to tank and so Bledsoe wouldn't get hurt.

There is no way I'd pass on Fultz to take any players expected to be there at #3.  Saric is fine, but you don't trade a talent that could turn out Harden level for a talent that could turn out... in the Eric Bledsoe level.

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 08:43:46 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
DA has a good relationship with the Suns so:
IT for Bledsoe   and fillers of some kind to make it work cap wise
Suns do it because the need cash and want Knight to start, IT  as a six'd  man  good move
Boston does it because DA loves Bledsoe  and gives Celtics a better rounded pointat only 27 yrs old
Boston then trades #1 to Philly for #3 and Saric  and Holmes and drafts Josh Jackson

They had IT and gave him away to us basically.   Why would they want him back?  The logic of your plan falls apart when you look at from this mindset.

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 09:13:37 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I really don't like either part of the idea.  Bledsoe is always injured and his knees have a ton of wear and tear.  It seemed like a fluke that he was healthy for as long as he was last year, and then the Suns shut him down with a lot of games to go both to tank and so Bledsoe wouldn't get hurt.

There is no way I'd pass on Fultz to take any players expected to be there at #3.  Saric is fine, but you don't trade a talent that could turn out Harden level for a talent that could turn out... in the Eric Bledsoe level.
Agreed, this idea is lose/lose.  IT + Fultz >>> Bledsoe + Saric

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 09:21:58 AM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
When did "better rounded" become a euphemism for way effin worse?

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 10:25:54 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Bledsoe is far too injury prone to give up our best player for, regardless of what they added as sweeteners. Plus I'd rather Fultz in addition to IT than Josh Jackson in addition to Bledsoe and Saric.

Not sure where we benefit in this one.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)