Author Topic: Durant has gone full on villain  (Read 6839 times)

Durant has gone full on villain
« on: May 26, 2017, 08:56:43 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Durant has gone full on villain
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 09:06:38 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
He's not an alpha dog. Plain and simple.

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 09:20:35 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
So what Durant did once, LeBron has done twice.  LeBron further separates himself by taking all the credit in wins (despite his teammates shortcomings), and readily dishing out the blame when they lose.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 09:26:49 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
That's why I'm cheering for Cleveland in the finals. Durant doesn't deserve to win a title. I hope he loses and decides to leave the Warriors because the criticism overwhelms him.

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 09:27:40 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Lebron will keep this guy ringless. Then when lebrons gone, fultz and brown will be circles around him

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 09:34:06 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
So what Durant did once, LeBron has done twice.  LeBron further separates himself by taking all the credit in wins (despite his teammates shortcomings), and readily dishing out the blame when they lose.
did you even read what he said?  I could care less he went to GS more power to him but apparently when he left Westbrook he lost his filter and the guy that took the heat off him, which he is now feeling and he has lost his mind.

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 09:39:16 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
did you even read what he said?  I could care less he went to GS more power to him but apparently when he left Westbrook he lost his filter and the guy that took the heat off him, which he is now feeling and he has lost his mind.

Long before you posted it.  Have you read/heard what LeBron has said about his teammates over the years?  Some classic quotes from arguably the worst teammate of all time (Jordan included).
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 09:42:08 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I don't see what's wrong with what he said.

Sure, he was kind of avoiding the question, but he's right -- a lot of teams have made a lot of dumb moves, and it's asinine to blame him for the lack of parity in the NBA when most of it is a result of bad management.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 09:55:35 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Sure, he was kind of avoiding the question, but he's right -- a lot of teams have made a lot of dumb moves, and it's asinine to blame him for the lack of parity in the NBA when most of it is a result of bad management.
Plus too many teams and too little talent.  Getting rid of 6 teams would make it more competitive. 

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 10:04:30 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376

Can't blame him entirely but he certainly exacerbated it.
It's not bad management that leads to lack of parity. It's the max contract. Imagine if no single player had a max contract limit. You want to spend 60% of your cap on LeBron? Ok. It's like an auction based fantasy league. Would lead to ultimate parity. But the NBA doesn't want that. They prefer the super teams.

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2017, 10:06:30 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
he is weak and feeble. His mind is just as weak as his bench press at the combine.

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2017, 10:12:45 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

is he responsible for the lack of parity, of course not, but his answer was awful as was his answer to the boring playoffs comment.  He seems to have embraced the villain role much like LeBron did in Miami.  Only time will tell if Durant scales it back like LeBron did, but I think Durant has always been this way based on many comments he made during his OKC stint.

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2017, 10:32:33 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I really don't see what's so mwahahaha (villain laugh) about what he said though.

Would you have preferred he said, yeah, I feel bad for the teams that don't have the talent to compete, but I didn't want to play joyless iso ball until I hit my early thirties just so I could earn the praise of a few sportswriters who would wax poetic about my willingness to engage in a sysyphean grind every year instead of joining a team with the talent to win a title for which I will ultimately be judged anyway?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2017, 11:14:43 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Lebron will keep this guy ringless.

I'll take this bet.

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2017, 11:15:08 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY