Author Topic: As much as we hate it, we need to root for Golden State to win - and win handily  (Read 3056 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
free agents don't think like this. They have to go through lebron and the warriors to win a chip no matter what conference they're in

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
I understand the premise and it may not be wrong, but it doesn't recognize the flip side and that is if Cleveland loses and loses badly, it will be even more aggressive in the off season to maximize James' window.  Remember Cleveland won the title and has made over 40 moves since then.  If they get embarrassed, I would expect them to aggressively shop Love, and they might get even better if they get the right pieces for Love.  Win or lose, Cleveland won't stand still, but if they win, there is a good chance they don't make any major changes, them losing might lead to major changes, which might make them even harder to beat. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I understand the premise and it may not be wrong, but it doesn't recognize the flip side and that is if Cleveland loses and loses badly, it will be even more aggressive in the off season to maximize James' window.  Remember Cleveland won the title and has made over 40 moves since then.  If they get embarrassed, I would expect them to aggressively shop Love, and they might get even better if they get the right pieces for Love.  Win or lose, Cleveland won't stand still, but if they win, there is a good chance they don't make any major changes, them losing might lead to major changes, which might make them even harder to beat.

I am not sure trading Love would be in their best interest. Who could they get that would be better than Love? I mean if it wasn't for Love the Celts might still be playing.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
No, GO CAVS!!!!