Author Topic: Ball considering workout with 76ers after declining Celtics  (Read 6806 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19464452/lonzo-ball-workout-philadelphia-76ers-possible

New arch rival? :D

Interesting espn comment: "real reason Lonzo didn't work out for the Celtics is because Lavar is petty. Lavar knows the Celtics won't draft Lonzo, so by forgoing a workout with them, Lavar is essentially passing on the Celtics before they get a chance to pass on his son in the draft. Lavar wants the right of first rejection and this way when the Celtics pick Fultz, Lavar gets to say for the rest of time, how Lonzo never wanted to play for the Celtics anyway.

My theory is further backed up by the fact he's willing to workout for Philly."

Re: Ball considering workout with 76ers after declining Celtics
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 01:04:23 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I would LOVE for LA to pass on Ball and for him to go to Philly  ;D
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 01:08:50 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

My dream would be for us to take Fultz and for Ball to slip to 5 and rot in Sactown with Randive. It's a stretch, but I can see Fox/Jackson/Tatum taken before him.

That would be sweet!!!

California dreamin', LaVar! ;D

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 01:09:13 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2485
He's just hedging his bet so he doesn't risk losing his self-appointed "genius" status. Appearances mean everything for a con man.

If the kids catch on that they are the talent and not him, then he is in trouble.

Gotta keep that gravy train rollin'!

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 01:10:02 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

My dream would be for us to take Fultz and for Ball to slip to 5 and rot in Sactown with Randive. It's a stretch, but I can see Fox/Jackson/Tatum taken before him.

That would be sweet!!!

As long as a Ball/Hield backcourt doesn't come back to bite us down the line, that'd be a hilarious scenario. TP.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 01:25:01 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

I think he already has indication that the Lakers may not be considering him strongly with the #2 pick. I have yet to see anything from the Lakers suggesting that they want Ball.

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 01:29:38 PM »

Online Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
Maybe he's hearing from the Lakers that they don't want to draft him and now he's getting scared.

After beating the Lakers drum so loud for so long, I wonder how far down the draft he might fall if the Lakers decide to go with someone else.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 01:30:00 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I think he already has indication that the Lakers may not be considering him strongly with the #2 pick. I have yet to see anything from the Lakers suggesting that they want Ball.

I have. Magic Johnson is giddy about him. If it's who Magic wants, It's who Magic gets.

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 01:39:38 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

That would be sweet!!!

o I'm gonna love that! I just want to see Lavar's face when the Lakers pass on Ball

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 01:44:00 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

That would be sweet!!!

o I'm gonna love that! I just want to see Lavar's face when the Lakers pass on Ball
ha, ha. he might storm the stage and demand LA re-select. ha, ha.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2017, 02:02:46 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

That would be sweet!!!

ha, ha. he might storm the stage and demand LA re-select. ha, ha.

"Adam Silver, imma let you finish, but..."

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2017, 02:16:19 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Lakers haven't said anything suggesting they don't like him.  The only comments I've heard were positive regarding Ball. 

But of course the Lakers will check out other players and if they happen to wind up liking someone else (not likely) they would take that player. 

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2017, 02:21:19 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
I think Philly would be hilarious, because Simmons and Ball don't seem like they'd be compatible together. They both need the ball in their hands to set up others, and that's just taking even more touches away from their best player in Embiid.

Philly should make a hard push for Fultz, who would fit absolutely perfectly for them. If I was Philly, I'd trade number 3 to Sacramento for numbers 5 and 10 and then offer Danny Simmons and number 10 for number 1. They could then take Monk at 5 and a really good core moving forward of Fultz, Monk, Covington, Saric, and Embiid. I love the two-way potential of that group, and I think it fits much better together than anything they'd currently get at 3 to add to their group.

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2017, 02:51:33 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
I think Philly would be hilarious, because Simmons and Ball don't seem like they'd be compatible together. They both need the ball in their hands to set up others, and that's just taking even more touches away from their best player in Embiid.

Philly should make a hard push for Fultz, who would fit absolutely perfectly for them. If I was Philly, I'd trade number 3 to Sacramento for numbers 5 and 10 and then offer Danny Simmons and number 10 for number 1. They could then take Monk at 5 and a really good core moving forward of Fultz, Monk, Covington, Saric, and Embiid. I love the two-way potential of that group, and I think it fits much better together than anything they'd currently get at 3 to add to their group.

Philly should trade Simmons to the Lakers for #2 and give us #2&#3 for # 1. Now that's a trade Danny has to consider. That's a godfather offer.

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2017, 03:57:47 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I'd love to see Ball alongside Simmons. I think they would be great together. Great passing.

I'd love to see Lou Williams return to Philly and play PG alongside them two. A scorer like Lou Will would be a great fit alongside their passing ability.