Author Topic: Thank you Isaiah  (Read 1117 times)

Thank you Isaiah
« on: May 26, 2017, 02:53:50 AM »

Online libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Now that this magical season has come to an end, it has to be really tough on IT - with the reality of his sister's passing, and his long rehab period coming up.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank IT for a truly special season.  I don't know how many times I chuckled in disbelief at his fourth quarter heroics, rewound the play to confirm what I'd just seen, and called my wife and son over to say "You have GOT to see what IT just did."  I've been a C's fan since the JoJo White / Havlicek / Cowens days, and other than Larry Bird, I've never rooted for a Celtic that I had so much faith would pull things out in the fourth quarter.

And, to find out he continued his heroics in the post-season with a bum hip, not to mention a heartbreaking tragedy.  This season was truly one we can all tell our grandchildren about.

Whether IT is just beginning his Celtics career (my hope), or he ends up moving on in the next few seasons, this season was undeniably one of the greatest individual season of any Celtic ever.  And, we all owe IT a debt of gratitude for the joy he brought us this year.

Re: Thank you Isaiah
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 03:33:54 AM »

Offline jdrocko

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
TP to you...little man with a huge heart, wish him the best for his career

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 03:47:53 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Thx for the wonderful season!

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 06:14:22 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
We didn't win a title, but this guy has the heart of a champion, for sure.

Thanks, IT. Hopefully you're here for a long time.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 06:50:30 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Many TPs to Isaiah.  Thanks for a great year, after the Cavs series it is clear to me that he was our leader and not Crowder or Marcus.   AB tried to lead us but IT is a leader.

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 09:05:48 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Thanks IT for an exciting season. Get well!

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 09:32:28 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
He is the face of the franchise right now. He did an amazing job this season and the fact that he's 5'9" makes it even crazier. All hail the king in the fourth!
- LilRip

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 09:38:20 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Now that this magical season has come to an end, it has to be really tough on IT - with the reality of his sister's passing, and his long rehab period coming up.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank IT for a truly special season.  I don't know how many times I chuckled in disbelief at his fourth quarter heroics, rewound the play to confirm what I'd just seen, and called my wife and son over to say "You have GOT to see what IT just did."  I've been a C's fan since the JoJo White / Havlicek / Cowens days, and other than Larry Bird, I've never rooted for a Celtic that I had so much faith would pull things out in the fourth quarter.

And, to find out he continued his heroics in the post-season with a bum hip, not to mention a heartbreaking tragedy.  This season was truly one we can all tell our grandchildren about.

Whether IT is just beginning his Celtics career (my hope), or he ends up moving on in the next few seasons, this season was undeniably one of the greatest individual season of any Celtic ever.  And, we all owe IT a debt of gratitude for the joy he brought us this year.

Well said.