Author Topic: What's the lowest pick you ​would accept for IT  (Read 17698 times)

Re: What's the lowest pick you ​would accept for IT
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2017, 12:24:40 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Call me crazy, but I have no interest in resigning him.  I'd rather trade him now (and create enough cap space to go after Hayward) than let him walk in a year's time.

imo

Best case scenario (kind of a pipe dream) : #7 (Wolves)
Most realistic scenario : #9 (Dallas)
Worst case scenario : Well, I don't really know... Let's say #17 (Milwaukee)
Trading IT means no Hayward. It's that black and white.

Also this is all just a silly hypothetical because Thomas just isn't getting traded this offseason.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2017, 12:32:19 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
#1.

Since we already have it, I see no need to trade IT. Looking into my crystal ball (which I have named "Common Sense"), I can pretty much guarantee nobody in this draft outside of Fultz ever reaches 2nd team All-NBA.

Because the goal of team building is to put guys on the All-NBA teams.

I don't care what the All-NBA team voters decided - these are the same people that put DeRozan on the third team and David Lee on the third team a few years back.

IT is not a top 10 guy. He's barely a top 10 PG. He plays the same position of our incoming franchise player.

We should move him.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2017, 12:46:57 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Guys...... we are already getting BRK's pick next year.

No pick that we could obtain for IT is worth losing IT for a year.

You all know we are 1 CLE injury away from possibly getting into the finals.  Why trade that chance for a pick in a draft where we already have plenty of picks?

Im sorry... but no pick is worth a year of IT and a chance to get to the NBA finals.

Also... No one who has a pick in the top 20 is going to trade it for IT.  It's pretty delusional to think otherwise IMO.
Well, I don't know about that. I mean, in 2015 LeBron had Golden State on the ropes pretty much by himself. Irving-Love were both ruled out with injuries and the Cavs had Dellavedova running the point! The way I see it, no matter what we do next year we aren't beating the Cavs (unless perhaps LeBron suffers an injury, but has this ever happened in the playoffs?).

Not to mention we aren't beating the Warriors either, with their 4 all-stars and 2 MVPs.

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2017, 12:52:50 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
#1.

Since we already have it, I see no need to trade IT. Looking into my crystal ball (which I have named "Common Sense"), I can pretty much guarantee nobody in this draft outside of Fultz ever reaches 2nd team All-NBA.

I don't care what the All-NBA team voters decided - these are the same people that put DeRozan on the third team and David Lee on the third team a few years back.

IT is not a top 10 guy. He's barely a top 10 PG. He plays the same position of our incoming franchise player.

We should move him.
Sorry what?
Despite all the ridiculousness and irrational things said on this forum recently (Brad is a bad coach, we should move the #1 for worse players etc. etc.), this one absolutely takes the cake.

Most moronic thing I've read in quite some time.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2017, 12:54:45 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Not sure why it means this. If Hayward is coming here because of Stevens he's still coming here because of Stevens.

I think trading Thomas for a competent big man and the chance to draft Fox makes us every bit as good in the present and more stocked in the future.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2017, 12:54:47 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
#1.

We should move him.
Sorry what?
Despite all the ridiculousness and irrational things said on this forum recently (Brad is a bad coach, we should move the #1 for worse players etc. etc.), this one absolutely takes the cake.

You can make the argument that he is barely top 10:

Harden
Westbrook
Curry
Paul
Kyrie
Lowry
Wall
Giannis(really stretching now)
Thomas
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2017, 12:55:42 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
#1.

We should move him.
Sorry what?

Well, he's certainly not a GREAT coach, as his recent playoff endeavors have indicated.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2017, 01:01:25 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
Not sure why it means this. If Hayward is coming here because of Stevens he's still coming here because of Stevens.

I think trading Thomas for a competent big man and the chance to draft Fox makes us every bit as good in the present and more stocked in the future.
Strongly disagree. No way we win 53 games with a "competent big" instead of Thomas.

Furthermore, there's 0% chance you can get a competent big and a chance to draft Fox for An injured expiring Isaiah Thomas

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2017, 01:03:11 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
#1.

We should move him.
Sorry what?

Harden
Westbrook
Curry
Paul
Kyrie
Lowry
Wall
Thomas
I'll bite. The top 4 you mentioned are pretty easily above IT in terms of ranking. However Kyrie, Lowry etc. are definitely on his level. Taking into account age and ability to continue to develop you'd probably have Wall round out the top 5, yet I'd still put (pre-March hip injury) Thomas above Kyrie and co.

But if Giannis is a point guard then that changes the conversation again. However, I feel as though that top ten, plus Lillard are well above the guys on the tier below.

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2017, 01:08:13 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
#1.

We should move him.
Sorry what?

Harden
Westbrook
Curry
Paul
Kyrie
Lowry
Wall
Thomas
+ Lillard

I guess Hornets/Grizzlies fans could make an argument for Kemba/Conley as well.

The way I see it

Curry
Harden
Westbrook
Paul
Kyrie
Wall
Lillard
Giannis (if we can call him a PG)

are definitely better than IT.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 01:16:04 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2017, 01:12:29 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
#1.

We should move him.
Sorry what?

Well, he's certainly not a GREAT coach, as his recent playoff endeavors have indicated.
you mean the endeavors whereby CBS lead the celtics to the eastern division finals, something only one other team managed to do, and that team had lebron?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2017, 01:31:33 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Pre-draft... I'd definitely move him for a top 3 pick.  I'd probably move him for a top 6 pick (I really like Jonathan Isaac as a prospect and he'd fit in perfectly right now).  Probably not anything later than that since I can't be sure what will be available.

Also, I might accept something that would be equal in value to what Sacramento got for Cousins.  A specific young player that I covet (Justise Winslow maybe) along with a top 3 protected 1st round draft pick.  Something like Winslow + Miami's #14 pick would get me thinking... I'm not sure if I'd accept though.  Winslow would be a great player to defend Lebron for the next 3 years.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2017, 01:36:02 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Got me thinking...

Would Miami trade Justise Winslow + Whiteside for the #1 pick?  (Their combined salaries is a few million less than a Gordon Hayward max contract)

PG:  IT/Rozier
SG:  Bradley/Smart
SF:  Winslow/Crowder
PF:  Horford/Yabusele
C:  Whiteside/Zizic

with Jaylen Brown getting some minutes in there somewhere as well... maybe as the result of an eventual Jae Crowder trade.

That is a team I'd be pretty happy going in to battle against Cleveland.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2017, 01:38:46 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
#1.

We should move him.
Sorry what?

Harden
Westbrook
Curry
Paul
Kyrie
Lowry
Wall
Thomas
I'll bite. The top 4 you mentioned are pretty easily above IT in terms of ranking. However Kyrie, Lowry etc. are definitely on his level. Taking into account age and ability to continue to develop you'd probably have Wall round out the top 5, yet I'd still put (pre-March hip injury) Thomas above Kyrie and co.

But if Giannis is a point guard then that changes the conversation again. However, I feel as though that top ten, plus Lillard are well above the guys on the tier below.

This guy talked about moronic, ridiculous and irrational about other user.

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2017, 01:38:58 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Got me thinking...

Would Miami trade Justise Winslow + Whiteside for the #1 pick?  (Their combined salaries is a few million less than a Gordon Hayward max contract)

PG:  IT/Rozier
SG:  Bradley/Smart
SF:  Winslow/Crowder
PF:  Horford/Yabusele
C:  Whiteside/Zizic

with Jaylen Brown getting some minutes in there somewhere as well... maybe as the result of an eventual Jae Crowder trade.

That is a team I'd be pretty happy going in to battle against Cleveland.
Not sure whether Winslow would start over Jae immediately, but it'd be interesting. Also not sure if Whiteside would fit too well into Brad's offence considering he is, frankly, a shocking passer. But his interior presence and amazing rebounding would be incredibly refreshing.

If I wasn't such a Fultz fanboy this would probably be more intriguing.