Author Topic: Avery is a starter for a Title contender  (Read 2791 times)

Re: Avery is a starter for a Title contender
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2017, 12:56:08 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
They're so far behind Cleveland and GS right now - the talent level needs to be upgraded.  And if you're going to keep so many small guards around - you better have some length and physicality in the lineup to go along with them.

Ultimately if Fultz is the pick and he's as good as advertised, two of IT/Bradley/Smart/Rozier likely have to go - and I'm not sure there are enough minutes for IT/Fultz/Bradley if all stay. And two years from now does it make sense to pay IT max money and Bradley something north of $16 million for a year for 4/5 years and have them and Horford as your Big 3 with Jaylen/Fultz in the wings expecting to be paid?

There's at least one uncomfortable move that has to be made that's going to tick off a lot of Celtics fans.

I don't why Celtics fans should be ticked about losing any of Bradley/Smart/Rozier; it's not like any of them is gonna be a star leading Boston back to the promised land.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2017, 01:09:16 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
They're so far behind Cleveland and GS right now - the talent level needs to be upgraded.  And if you're going to keep so many small guards around - you better have some length and physicality in the lineup to go along with them.

Ultimately if Fultz is the pick and he's as good as advertised, two of IT/Bradley/Smart/Rozier likely have to go - and I'm not sure there are enough minutes for IT/Fultz/Bradley if all stay. And two years from now does it make sense to pay IT max money and Bradley something north of $16 million for a year for 4/5 years and have them and Horford as your Big 3 with Jaylen/Fultz in the wings expecting to be paid?

There's at least one uncomfortable move that has to be made that's going to tick off a lot of Celtics fans.
They had their chance and even if they had a healthy IT this series proved w/o a doubt that we are more than a Gordon Hayward away from competing. We signed Horford to lure Durant and we went all out to contend and also use the Cavs as a gauge for where we truly are. Now DA needs to go in a different direction. No player will have hard feelings, they all got rich playing for the Celtic's!

We need to trade this summer: IT/AB/ Smart
Also on the block to trade 4 value: Horford and Crowder
Go after 1 or 2 young studs(even if we have to take back crappy contracts to get the deal done): Turner, Ingram, KP,etc.

2018 draft: BKN 1st and Celtic's 1st= 2 top 5 picks

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2017, 01:13:00 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
The minutes crunch at guard is going to stink. I agree someone (maybe some two) will likely be moved. Yet I could see Ainge going into October overloaded, and the odd dude out quietly and politely asks for a change  via his agent.

I could see a 3-guard unit that includes Fultz (the big pick) and Rozier (cheapest), plus a stopper. Smart is cheaper, but Bradley is not only my binkie, but the most complete player of the bunch and yes, could start as 4th 5th man on a contender. Smart couldn't with his lack of offense; I'm not too high on his ceiling being much higher.  But if Brown projects to start at SG, maybe Smart works.

Crazy if IT and Bradley end up on the outs. I couldn't see that one this summer though. Fultz/Brown with Rozier/Smart off the bench works for me.

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2017, 01:17:57 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533

They had their chance and even if they had a healthy IT this series proved w/o a doubt that we are more than a Gordon Hayward away from competing. We signed Horford to lure Durant and we went all out to contend and also use the Cavs as a gauge for where we truly are. Now DA needs to go in a different direction. No player will have hard feelings, they all got rich playing for the Celtic's!

Go after 1 or 2 young studs(even if we have to take back crappy contracts to get the deal done): Turner, Ingram, KP,etc.

Horford isn't going anywhere.  They need to get him some defense/rebounding support at the 4/5.  What would really help the entire team is if Jaylen Brown grows a couple of inches.

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2017, 01:19:28 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

You must realize there is close to 0% chance the Celtics tank next year.

You can tell yourself it's a good plan over and over again but it's just so far removed from reality
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2017, 02:30:25 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Good video on why we can't max out Thomas.

https://youtu.be/DIi_vS77jyE