Author Topic: Time to clean house  (Read 8256 times)

Re: Time to clean house
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2017, 04:29:32 AM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
Keep IT and Bradley for sure.  Jerebko and Green for the bench . Rozier and Jaylen Brown for potential, but would trade either in a heartbeat. C's are probably stuck with Horford, but he's OK if Danny would ever get a real center/rebounder.
Smart, Crowder, Amir, Zeller, Young,etc. are all basically scrubs, whether they play hard or not. And after watching Cleveland roll over the C's, I'd say that the great defense of Smart and Crowder don't mean all that much.
And last but not least, KO MUST GO! Please Danny, don't sign this bum.

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2017, 07:17:20 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Zeller and Crowder are under contract next season. You don't just waive goodbye. Trade maybe.

Amir, Jonas, Gerald can walk (though I'd like to keep GG around cheap)
Mickey we can waive.

KO & Young ... restricted. Let the market dictate. I'd bring back either at the right (low) price.

Get rebounding and toughness (Ante?). Draft Fultz/Jackson.

Can't see a total blow up. Mega-refresh is more like it.
Zeller is a team option. He better be gone, too. JJ if the price is right I like.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2017, 07:30:51 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Call me when ainge is serious about putting a real team on the floor and not a bunch of parts.

This new CBA really screwed things up for teams trying to get to the next level---EVERY [dang] player is a max player now---also, guys like Mozgov are making $14-15 Million a year---when he's actually worth around $5-$6 at the MOST.

true
Mozgov contract is more about Lakers being stupid.

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2017, 09:41:55 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
If we can somehow flip Crowder for Butler without losing a BKN pick? That would be awesome.
- LilRip

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2017, 09:54:40 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
Call me when ainge is serious about putting a real team on the floor and not a bunch of parts.

This new CBA really screwed things up for teams trying to get to the next level---EVERY [dang] player is a max player now---also, guys like Mozgov are making $14-15 Million a year---when he's actually worth around $5-$6 at the MOST.

true
Mozgov contract is more about Lakers being stupid.
There was a whole lot of stupidity going around last offseason (Lakers, Blazers, Wizards, Magic, ...) although it is never in short supply.  The expected salary caps shrinking and flattening is really going to hurt some teams.  The Lakers will have roughly ~1/3 of their salary cap tied up in Mozgov and Deng for the next 3 seasons.  That's hard to work around if they're going to try to build a winning team around George.   

« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2017, 10:16:22 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
First let me say that I am NOT a UNC fan!!!

But, there is NOT a tougher guy that has played in the NBA in the last 5 years than Tyler Hansbrough.  Let him be our new CHEAP thug!!!!  And he can flipping REBOUND!!!!

NBA veteran Tyler Hansbrough has a new agent.
6:06 PM - 25 May 2017

Smitty77

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2017, 10:17:14 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Kinda want to keep Jerebko...like that guy

I agree about Jerebko. He plays hard. He wasn't given much of a chance but he did well when he played.

Agree about saying goodbye to Amir, KO (the invisible man) and of course our 3-year dud in Young. I'd include Mickey and Zeller in this group. Just dead weight.

He looked GREAT on that airball on that wide OPEN three last night, right?:-)))

Smitty77

« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2017, 10:24:26 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
I can only pray that someone besides Danny will offer Kelly 15 millions year. What a frustrating player to watch.

He's frustrating but hard to replace.  His weaknesses,  confidence and consistency, can improve.  I hope we keep him.

Said no one ever ;D.

If we draft Fultz, we will have too many guards.  It would make much more sense to trade away Bradley while getting something in return than letting Olynyk go.  And, of course, big guys are harder to find than guards.

Not sure KO can legitimately be called a "big." ;D
I'd rather DA look for an undervalued/misused 4 or 5 that can be brought in cheap and increase his production.

And that's how we get Tyler Zeller in the rotation. Might as well keep him since he already knows the plays and so will help acclimate all the newbies next year.

I wouldn't mind seeing if Kris Humphries still has some juice and might take a minimum in Boston.

Zeller is GONE.  He is the WORST 7-footer in the league and we have a team option.  He is the FIRST to go!!  Frees up $8 million.

Smitty77 

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2017, 10:32:17 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
I can only pray that someone besides Danny will offer Kelly 15 millions year. What a frustrating player to watch.

He's frustrating but hard to replace.  His weaknesses,  confidence and consistency, can improve.  I hope we keep him.

Said no one ever ;D.

If we draft Fultz, we will have too many guards.  It would make much more sense to trade away Bradley while getting something in return than letting Olynyk go.  And, of course, big guys are harder to find than guards.

how about big softie???  like a big softie ice cream cone that melts in summer heat? ROFL
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2017, 10:42:31 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

Said no one ever ;D.

how about big softie???  like a big softie ice cream cone that melts in summer heat? ROFL

I think alot of opponents fans and many players CaLL him dirty because they terrified what he might be like or capable of IF he played like Draymond Green or other known dirty players.  Without a conscience.

They don't ever want him to turn mean or aggrssive because of the damage he could do.

by lying , whining about our Mashmellow Kelly ....they are mentally trying to keep him contained or in a box. He allows this suttle backlash to control his mind.   Ignore outside voices and play like psycho-T...... no more mister nice guy.

Kelly should do like Draymond ...ignore the other players and social media and play the game required at his size and position to help his team EVERY night. 

« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2017, 10:44:12 AM »

• Dennis Johnson
Kinda want to keep Jerebko...like that guy

I agree about Jerebko. He plays hard. He wasn't given much of a chance but he did well when he played.

Agree about saying goodbye to Amir, KO (the invisible man) and of course our 3-year dud in Young. I'd include Mickey and Zeller in this group. Just dead weight.

He looked GREAT on that airball on that wide OPEN three last night, right?:-)))

Smitty77

did u see KO's awesome kickout pass while under the hoop?

he kicked it out right to a cav!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2017, 10:47:34 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 538
Bye KO
Bye Amir
Bye jerebko
Bye Young

Sign and trade for  hayward and draft fultz
And when Hayward signs his extension with Utah, then what?  Everyone seems to think it's a given that he's coming here because he played for Stevens in college.  What if the guy just likes it in Utah?  The team is improving year by year. 

« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2017, 10:56:42 AM »

• Dennis Johnson
Bye KO
Bye Amir
Bye jerebko
Bye Young

And when Hayward signs his extension with Utah, then what?  Everyone seems to think it's a given that he's coming here because he played for Stevens in college.  What if the guy just likes it in Utah?  The team is improving year by year. 

and that needs to be put into the equation..............

we need plan A, B, C, D etc

in case these things happen.

im still not concerned about winning now. keep stacking and building the core for a long run in the next 2 or 3 years. we already blew it up back in 2013. we sure are not running it back with this current team as we have too much deadwood that needs to be dumped and burned. We sure are not going all in and mortgaging the future. a small window is not worth it. we want a big window. 10 year window. add FA's as needed. The problem right now is we want any FA's to actually be part of our run we need them under 30. after we get going and we lose old FA's we signed we can add older ones to keep propelling us in our run. use them for a couple years then trash them and find another.

ALso the wildcard is we need brown and fultz developed....we will need zizic developed....2018 brooklyn pick developed. this could take years so we will have to watch what we add prior to that group being developed enough to start our run. Let's hope they pan out no guarantees.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2017, 11:16:33 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
Bye KO
Bye Amir
Bye jerebko
Bye Young

Bye Jackson, Bye Mickey and unfortunately one or two of Smart, Crowder, Bradley or IT.  If you sign a max guy like Hayward and have a max guy like Horford it's going to be tough to sign IT if you want to keep Smart and/or Bradley.  There may be a lot of turnover this year or next. 

My core for the celtics
Brown
Horford
Bradley
Fultz
Smart
Crowder
Rozier
Zizic
Yabu

5 open spots.  Let me make this clear.  I love IT.  I love what he stands for and I love him as a celtic.  What I don't love is how he can get exposed and abused in the playoffs by length and size that can make him very ineffective.  I could get passed that but not at 30+ million at the expense of two of Bradley, Smart, Crowder and Rozier.  Fultz is my IT replacement in 2 years.  The problem is no one is going to give the Celtics even value for IT.  I am unsure if any other team will pay IT 30 million per year unless that team has some great length to make up for IT's deficiencies. 

« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2017, 11:22:02 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Crowder gone only.if it bring in an upgrade.. I'm.thinking we probably sign Hayward outright rather than a sign and trade... Zeller can go bye bye as well... When we get fultz one of rozier, smart, ab or IT gotta go and it won't be IT
Jaylen Brown and Fultz are going to light it up next season. Best thing for the team is to trade IT/AB/Smart/Crowder/Horford. AB should have higher stock, IT's should be alright depending on surgery, Horford needs to be moved now bc his legs are too old and he's unable to play the 4 against a decent team, Smart should be moved so we can get a return on him before he is a rfa next year, Crowder's contract is still valuable.

If you want a an elite defender sign Tony Allen to a small contract....no reason to believe Smart is anything more.

We have BKN 2018 and we own our own 2018 1st
2 top picks in the 2018 draft
+ whatever value we get back from the trades.
So you are advocating for a full blow-up, and build around Fultz/Brown/BKN 2018 1st.  I get it, but not sure I agree.