Author Topic: Time to clean house  (Read 8176 times)

Re: Time to clean house
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2017, 12:05:05 AM »

Offline crimcartel

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13

It's all relative
Call me when ainge is serious about putting a real team on the floor and not a bunch of parts.

This new CBA really screwed things up for teams trying to get to the next level---EVERY [dang] player is a max player now---also, guys like Mozgov are making $14-15 Million a year---when he's actually worth around $5-$6 at the MOST.

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2017, 12:08:29 AM »

Offline crimcartel

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13

Jae frustrated me.early on.. but he was solid this series.. he just need to.not be a stand and shoot guy.. he's at his best mixing it up in the lane
Crowder gone only.if it bring in an upgrade.. I'm.thinking we probably sign Hayward outright rather than a sign and trade... Zeller can go bye bye as well... When we get fultz one of rozier, smart, ab or IT gotta go and it won't be IT

well we better find a damm upgrade because i want JAE'S HOT GARBAGE SELF GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE AND NOW!

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2017, 12:12:13 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Crowder gone only.if it bring in an upgrade.. I'm.thinking we probably sign Hayward outright rather than a sign and trade... Zeller can go bye bye as well... When we get fultz one of rozier, smart, ab or IT gotta go and it won't be IT
Jaylen Brown and Fultz are going to light it up next season. Best thing for the team is to trade IT/AB/Smart/Crowder/Horford. AB should have higher stock, IT's should be alright depending on surgery, Horford needs to be moved now bc his legs are too old and he's unable to play the 4 against a decent team, Smart should be moved so we can get a return on him before he is a rfa next year, Crowder's contract is still valuable.

If you want a an elite defender sign Tony Allen to a small contract....no reason to believe Smart is anything more.

We have BKN 2018 and we own our own 2018 1st
2 top picks in the 2018 draft
+ whatever value we get back from the trades.

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2017, 12:12:19 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I can only pray that someone besides Danny will offer Kelly 15 millions year. What a frustrating player to watch.

He's frustrating but hard to replace.  His weaknesses,  confidence and consistency, can improve.  I hope we keep him.

Said no one ever ;D.

If we draft Fultz, we will have too many guards.  It would make much more sense to trade away Bradley while getting something in return than letting Olynyk go.  And, of course, big guys are harder to find than guards.

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2017, 12:25:11 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538
I can only pray that someone besides Danny will offer Kelly 15 millions year. What a frustrating player to watch.

He's frustrating but hard to replace.  His weaknesses,  confidence and consistency, can improve.  I hope we keep him.

Said no one ever ;D.

If we draft Fultz, we will have too many guards.  It would make much more sense to trade away Bradley while getting something in return than letting Olynyk go.  And, of course, big guys are harder to find than guards.

have to trade guys while they still have value
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2017, 01:15:27 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I think we have Bird Rights on KO.

Which means we can wait until we sign everybody else, such as Mr. Gordon Haywayrd, before we sign KO because we are allowed to go over the cap for him.

Or we could do a sign and trade for KO if another team wants to reserve the right to have him without getting into a Free Agency bidding war.

NM, I forgot about KO's cap hold.  We do need to lose him to sign a max FA.  Maybe we can still S&T him for some value though.  Maybe a protected 1st rounder that more likely turns into two 2nd rounders?

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2017, 01:17:31 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Which means we can wait until we sign everybody else, such as Mr. Gordon Haywayrd, before we sign KO because we are allowed to go over the cap for him.

Or we could do a sign and trade for KO if another team wants to reserve the right to have him without getting into a Free Agency bidding war.
you are forgetting about his 7.7 mil cap hold
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2017, 01:18:18 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

you are forgetting about his 7.7 mil cap hold

Yup, I just remembered.  LOL.  Thanks though.  TP.

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2017, 01:20:38 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323

Said no one ever ;D.

Not sure KO can legitimately be called a "big." ;D
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2017, 01:39:12 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Said no one ever ;D.

Aren't we already at that point, lol? ;D

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2017, 01:53:55 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

Said no one ever ;D.

I'd rather DA look for an undervalued/misused 4 or 5 that can be brought in cheap and increase his production.

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2017, 02:09:22 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Yeah, I wouldn't call this cleaning house.  And out of curiosity, what sign and trade are we advocating here?

I was curious too.

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2017, 02:54:04 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

Said no one ever ;D.

I'd rather DA look for an undervalued/misused 4 or 5 that can be brought in cheap and increase his production.

And that's how we get Tyler Zeller in the rotation. Might as well keep him since he already knows the plays and so will help acclimate all the newbies next year.

I wouldn't mind seeing if Kris Humphries still has some juice and might take a minimum in Boston. 

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2017, 03:25:58 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Bye KO
Bye Amir
Bye jerebko
Bye Young

Sign and trade for  hayward and draft fultz

JAE CAN HIT THE ROAD ALSO

will u be his uber driver and give him a ride to logan international?
Nah Jae can hit the bench though
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2017, 03:50:49 AM »

Offline DavorCroatiaFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 97
Zeller and Crowder are under contract next season. You don't just waive goodbye. Trade maybe.

Amir, Jonas, Gerald can walk (though I'd like to keep GG around cheap)
Mickey we can waive.

KO & Young ... restricted. Let the market dictate. I'd bring back either at the right (low) price.

Get rebounding and toughness (Ante?). Draft Fultz/Jackson.

Can't see a total blow up. Mega-refresh is more like it.

Zeller is on full ungaranted deal...we can use him in a draft day or later trade to level the salary and his new team could waive him for free. Or we can waive him. Zeller's contract could only help us
No1 Celtics fan in Croatia