Author Topic: Time to clean house  (Read 8259 times)

Re: Time to clean house
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2017, 11:25:38 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Crowder gone only.if it bring in an upgrade.. I'm.thinking we probably sign Hayward outright rather than a sign and trade... Zeller can go bye bye as well... When we get fultz one of rozier, smart, ab or IT gotta go and it won't be IT
Jaylen Brown and Fultz are going to light it up next season. Best thing for the team is to trade IT/AB/Smart/Crowder/Horford. AB should have higher stock, IT's should be alright depending on surgery, Horford needs to be moved now bc his legs are too old and he's unable to play the 4 against a decent team, Smart should be moved so we can get a return on him before he is a rfa next year, Crowder's contract is still valuable.

If you want a an elite defender sign Tony Allen to a small contract....no reason to believe Smart is anything more.

We have BKN 2018 and we own our own 2018 1st
2 top picks in the 2018 draft
+ whatever value we get back from the trades.
So you are advocating for a full blow-up, and build around Fultz/Brown/BKN 2018 1st.  I get it, but not sure I agree.
I think taking 2 steps back to move forward in 3 years should be considered if Heyward does not sign here.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

Re: Time to clean house
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2017, 11:56:01 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
Crowder gone only.if it bring in an upgrade.. I'm.thinking we probably sign Hayward outright rather than a sign and trade... Zeller can go bye bye as well... When we get fultz one of rozier, smart, ab or IT gotta go and it won't be IT
Jaylen Brown and Fultz are going to light it up next season. Best thing for the team is to trade IT/AB/Smart/Crowder/Horford. AB should have higher stock, IT's should be alright depending on surgery, Horford needs to be moved now bc his legs are too old and he's unable to play the 4 against a decent team, Smart should be moved so we can get a return on him before he is a rfa next year, Crowder's contract is still valuable.

If you want a an elite defender sign Tony Allen to a small contract....no reason to believe Smart is anything more.

We have BKN 2018 and we own our own 2018 1st
2 top picks in the 2018 draft
+ whatever value we get back from the trades.
So you are advocating for a full blow-up, and build around Fultz/Brown/BKN 2018 1st.  I get it, but not sure I agree.
I think taking 2 steps back to move forward in 3 years should be considered if Heyward does not sign here.

we did a blow up in 2013. we just need to get rid of deadwood and add key pieces that can help us long term. results wise we very well may not reach the ECF next year..who cares? we are in this for teh long term. the young draft studs need to develop. we very well could take a couple steps back before we move to next milestone which is playing in the final again of which we have not done since 2010.
LET'S GO CELTICS!