Author Topic: Embarrassment by Brad Stevens  (Read 12820 times)

Re: Embarrassment by Brad Stevens
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2017, 06:19:53 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Its not Stevens fault that our players brick wide open shots, miss free throws, give turnovers
At some point, it IS the coach's fault when he can't call stuff that works.
If the play he calls results in a wide open shot for a guy who generally shoots that type of shot well but that guy misses it, that's the player's fault not the coach's.
That's not how it is, however. If the play calling is for open jumpers (which it is) you're going to live and die by how hot your shooters are. The fact that you have nothing you can dial up for an easy basket is an issue, and it's not a mark of a good coach.
I don't think that's true at all. They did take a lot of 3's because they don't have many guys that can get to the basket on their own. But they were also 2nd in the entire league in assists per possession because they are one of the best teams in the league at creating easy shots at the rim through their (Brad's) system.

Pretty much every made basket in that Cleveland series was either a 3 or a layup at the rim off a pass. When IT wasn't on the floor, there's nothing else because no one can create on their own.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2017, 06:22:02 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
If this topic was about coaching. I would tell people , I am a big Brad Stevens fan. I think he is a top 5 coach in this league easy.

But this is about this series and how I think he didn't do all he could to make this team be competitive. I understand losing IT, even though we got murdered with him (yes he was a bit injured) .

Again what do you want him to do?  You think he can just run play after to play to get layups?  Jesus look at the rosters.  We are playing against arguably one of the top 5 players to ever play and their 2nd and 3rd best players are better than anyone we have on the court. 

no, re read the posts.......u r not reading
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2017, 06:26:59 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Better question is whether Brad was born a loser, or managed to develop himself into one along the way.

Jk.  Bradley, if you're reading this, please know CsBlog loves you. 

Bring back IT.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2017, 06:46:06 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Better question is whether Brad was born a loser, or managed to develop himself into one along the way.

I doubt Dean Smith or Roy Williams could have taken the Butler Bulldogs to the NCAA finals.

« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2017, 06:48:00 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

I doubt Dean Smith or Roy Williams could have taken the Butler Bulldogs to the NCAA finals.

I was jk, I'm pro-Stevens (see rest of post).  But that is not very nice, sir.  Two great coaches in their own right.  Though Roy certainly has his warts, and Dean was before my time.  You don't believe they were great coaches? That'd be a tough argument to make.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2017, 06:52:19 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I was jk, I'm pro-Stevens (see rest of post).  But that is not very nice, sir.  Two great coaches in their own right.  Though Roy certainly has his warts, and Dean was before my time.  You don't believe they were great coaches? That'd be a tough argument to make

My bad, Tp to you!

« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2017, 07:03:50 PM »

Offline JohnP

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
If this topic was about coaching. I would tell people , I am a big Brad Stevens fan. I think he is a top 5 coach in this league easy.

But this is about this series and how I think he didn't do all he could to make this team be competitive. I understand losing IT, even though we got murdered with him (yes he was a bit injured) .

Again what do you want him to do?  You think he can just run play after to play to get layups?  Jesus look at the rosters.  We are playing against arguably one of the top 5 players to ever play and their 2nd and 3rd best players are better than anyone we have on the court. 

no, re read the posts.......u r not reading

Why don't you answer any of the questions I have asked, Coach?

« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2017, 08:33:24 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72

Not to be losing by 40 at home in 1 half.

« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2017, 08:37:49 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Hey celtics2030... you are acting like a spoiled brat who got 100 gifts on Christmas but is crying because he didn't get 101 gifts.

« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2017, 08:40:04 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
This is one of the worst coaching jobs in a playoff series I have ever seen.

No excuse. Toronto and Indiana both got swept, but seemed to put up a decent fight compared to this.

That game we won looked like a purpose gift after all the commotion about the NBA being weak (which it is)

Brad has literally no answer defensively and has not adjusted at all.

No reason should the Celtics get roasted at home like this 3 times in one series.
SO WHO THE HELL DO YOU WANT TO COACH? I am sick of the bashing. I want no one other than him as Celtics coach. He won game 3 and it was not a gift it was great coaching. 
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2017, 08:41:39 PM »

Offline JohnP

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7

Again since you are smarter than the coach tell me what you would have done different. 

« Reply #101 on: May 27, 2017, 08:57:44 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton

Again since you are smarter than the coach tell me what you would have done different.

Who said im smarter? Who said im a coach?

You get destroyed like that you are a big part of the blame.

If I tell you Smart sucks, Bradley sucks, and Crowder sucks, would that be sufficient? Since you are basically telling me that these players are complete trash...or are you not?

What is your explanation for getting beat down like this since me blaming the coach has gotten you to attack me.

« Reply #102 on: May 27, 2017, 08:59:24 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
This is one of the worst coaching jobs in a playoff series I have ever seen.

No excuse. Toronto and Indiana both got swept, but seemed to put up a decent fight compared to this.

That game we won looked like a purpose gift after all the commotion about the NBA being weak (which it is)

Brad has literally no answer defensively and has not adjusted at all.

No reason should the Celtics get roasted at home like this 3 times in one series.
SO WHO THE HELL DO YOU WANT TO COACH? I am sick of the bashing. I want no one other than him as Celtics coach. He won game 3 and it was not a gift it was great coaching.

Great coaching?

Cavs were burying us again.

Then Smart got possessed by Ray Allen and made 7 out of 10 three pointers or we lose that game.

I guess that is great coaching, for the worst shooter in history to make 7 threes lol.

« Reply #103 on: May 27, 2017, 09:02:22 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Hey man... you know you are probably right.

Brad Stevens is a bad coach.

Good job, you win.

(No one else respond to this thread)

« Reply #104 on: May 27, 2017, 09:03:19 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
Are you confused?

Why are you making up things?