Author Topic: Embarrassment by Brad Stevens  (Read 12819 times)

Re: Embarrassment by Brad Stevens
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2017, 10:25:42 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I think the fault is with Ainge, who didn't fill the glaring holes up front at the trade deadline, for fear of damaging his cap space. Stevens maybe shares the blame because he is equally involved in personnel decisions, along with Wyc--the money, as I heard Ainge say.

Ainge said at the start of the Cavs series the Cavs were the better team. He didn't figure on getting this close this year--a sign they overachieved--or maybe he would have gotten some help up front. He had his chances.

I do find it disturbing that Stevens seems to have pretty set ways on the types of players he wants to coach : no rim protectors, please, which disqualifies Bill Russell types. And no Mr Nasties.

I wouldn't blame the players on the Cavs blowout. They knew the score.

« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2017, 12:40:42 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
I think the fault is with Ainge, who didn't fill the glaring holes up front at the trade deadline, for fear of damaging his cap space. Stevens maybe shares the blame because he is equally involved in personnel decisions, along with Wyc--the money, as I heard Ainge say.

Ainge said at the start of the Cavs series the Cavs were the better team. He didn't figure on getting this close this year--a sign they overachieved--or maybe he would have gotten some help up front. He had his chances.

I do find it disturbing that Stevens seems to have pretty set ways on the types of players he wants to coach : no rim protectors, please, which disqualifies Bill Russell types. And no Mr Nasties.

agreed. hope he changes and evolves as a coach.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2017, 01:10:01 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

agreed. hope he changes and evolves as a coach.
You guys are hilarious.  What coach wouldn't want a rim protector?  This statement is just silly.  The question is about what a coach's priorities are.  If you're going to get a rim protector that's going to hurt the offense, then there is a trade off.  BS and DA just happen to have a certain philosophy.

« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2017, 01:23:57 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
did anyone realistically not see this coming? Celtics are a team with 1 star, one all-star calibar player in horford and a bunch of really solid role-playersthat wins you alot of games in the regular season as evidenced by the #1 seed, and can push you past teams without as much depth. but once you face a superteam like the cavs its game over.

Celtics missed shots they usually hit and without a solid defense to win a slug it out match they were quickly destroyed.

cavs and golden state are on a whole other level. I hope the NBA is happy that they have 2 superteams that will likely keep blowing through teams to face each other each year.

« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2017, 01:28:27 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
did anyone realistically not see this coming? Celtics are a team with 1 star, one all-star calibar player in horford and a bunch of really solid role-playersthat wins you alot of games in the regular season as evidenced by the #1 seed, and can push you past teams without as much depth. but once you face a superteam like the cavs its game over.

Celtics missed shots they usually hit and without a solid defense to win a slug it out match they were quickly destroyed.

cavs and golden state are on a whole other level. I hope the NBA is happy that they have 2 superteams that will likely keep blowing through teams to face each other each year.
I did NOT see this coming.

This team was not on the Cavs level. A sweep or a 5 game series would have been totally understandable, but the way we got bent over defensively on our home floor WAS embarrassing and disappointing.

there is blame to go around.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2017, 02:59:38 PM »

Offline rochrist

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
This is one of the worst coaching jobs in a playoff series I have ever seen.

No excuse. Toronto and Indiana both got swept, but seemed to put up a decent fight compared to this.

That game we won looked like a purpose gift after all the commotion about the NBA being weak (which it is)

Brad has literally no answer defensively and has not adjusted at all.

No reason should the Celtics get roasted at home like this 3 times in one series.

Jesus. You should be really embarrassed for writing this post. Really. Bad post is bad.

Yea bad post...why? What is so bad about it?

It's a ludicrously hysterical overreaction.

« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2017, 04:41:35 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72

No excuse. Toronto and Indiana both got swept, but seemed to put up a decent fight compared to this.

That game we won looked like a purpose gift after all the commotion about the NBA being weak (which it is)

No reason should the Celtics get roasted at home like this 3 times in one series.

Jesus. You should be really embarrassed for writing this post. Really. Bad post is bad.

Its not an overreaction. I knew this team was flawed, I knew this team wasn't that good,,,,,,the funny thing is when i voiced that reaction ...what was I hit with?????

I was hit with fans that said im trolling, or that I am not a knowledgable fan, that this wasgood, and they could challenge the Cavs at the very least, that they were one player away.

Fast forwars to this moment. The #1 seed makes it to the ECF.....

We should expect at the very least some competitive games. We got 1, but 1 at Cavs house...We got ripped to pieces at home. It was embarrassing....Everyone was joking around.

Even the Spurs who are facing a better more dangerous team played better even in a sweep.

I think this team gets a lot of blame for laying down. A truly weak performance from the team and the coaching staff.

« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2017, 04:51:00 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
There is zero evidence so far that this is anything but fiction.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2017, 04:52:56 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Its not Stevens fault that our players brick wide open shots, miss free throws, give turnovers

« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2017, 04:54:24 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

Its not an overreaction. I knew this team was flawed, I knew this team wasn't that good,,,,,,the funny thing is when i voiced that reaction ...what was I hit with?????

I was hit with fans that said im trolling, or that I am not a knowledgable fan, that this wasgood, and they could challenge the Cavs at the very least, that they were one player away.

We should expect at the very least some competitive games. We got 1, but 1 at Cavs house...We got ripped to pieces at home. It was embarrassing....Everyone was joking around.

Even the Spurs who are facing a better more dangerous team played better even in a sweep.

I think this team gets a lot of blame for laying down. A truly weak performance from the team and the coaching staff.
Why was it a bad post? Here's why.

1. You said it one was one of the worst playoff coaching performances you've ever seen. Obviously an overreaction.

2. You suggested that the game we won was a game that Cleveland lost on purpose.... let that sink in how stupid that is....

3. Go back and check 2

Also hilarious, your line "even the spurs" as if they don't have easily the best coaching staff in the NBA
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 05:07:30 PM by Ilikesports17 »
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2017, 05:00:28 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Its not Stevens fault that our players brick wide open shots, miss free throws, give turnovers
At some point, it IS the coach's fault when he can't call stuff that works.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2017, 05:01:45 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

Why was it a bad post? Here's why.

1. You said it one was one of the worst playoff coaching performances you've ever seen. Obviously an overreaction.

2. You suggested that the game we won was a game that Cleveland lost on purpose.... let that sink in how stupid that is....

3. Go back and check 2

TP

The embarrassment is starting this thread.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2017, 05:08:15 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
Yeah but there's a nice middle ground between Stevens is perfect and this was one of the worst coaching performances ever

« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2017, 05:11:11 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I find this whole "blame" narrative ridiculous.

4 years ago, the Celtics began the process of trading away everyone good on their team in order to rebuild. This season, the C's won 53 games and made the ECF. That means it took Ainge and Stevens only 3 years to build, at worst, the 5th or 6th best team in the league.

On top of that, the team still has a ton of young players and assets, including the #1 overall pick this summer. I don't see any way this season was not a success.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2017, 05:13:35 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
If the play he calls results in a wide open shot for a guy who generally shoots that type of shot well but that guy misses it, that's the player's fault not the coach's.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008