Author Topic: Embarrassment by Brad Stevens  (Read 12879 times)

Re: Embarrassment by Brad Stevens
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2017, 11:21:06 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
He cannot coach and referee as well. The refs need to do a better job and stop handing everything to the Cavs. They were obviously told to make sure this is the last game because we don't want the Cavs to be too tired when facing the Warriors.

Plus how many layups and bunnies did we miss tonight? He can't shoot for them either. I am proud of this team and the coach.

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2017, 11:21:26 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1556
This is one of the worst coaching jobs in a playoff series I have ever seen.

No excuse. Toronto and Indiana both got swept, but seemed to put up a decent fight compared to this.

That game we won looked like a purpose gift after all the commotion about the NBA being weak (which it is)

Brad has literally no answer defensively and has not adjusted at all.

No reason should the Celtics get roasted at home like this 3 times in one series.

correct

performances at home were dogcrap.

these were not even games. they were circus shows like harlem globetrotters and washington generals. jokes.

very happy with season overall

but yes as much as i like CBS he is showing more and more chinks in his armor. he better learn soon.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2017, 11:23:58 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
But Brad S is a prodigy and literally the best coach in the NBA! After Pop, that is...

Pop would never get blown out in a Conference Finals, even if missing his best player.
Yes, because having our best player worked so much better :P

Well, he was playing with a torn labrum.  I think the series would have been a bit closer with IT, but there's still a large talent gap.
This series would have been a lot closer if we had any semblance of pro league type of defense.

it was bad...definitely
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2017, 11:28:27 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
too much stupid play and 3 of our 4 losses sadly all at home which is sacrilege should not even be considered games. more like bad entertainment?

if we played smarter and more competitive we could take losses better
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2017, 11:32:25 PM »

Offline CF0022

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 3
It's more about how we protect home court to me.  We did a good job of that these playoffs but not against this kind of competition.

Brad's scheme coming into this series was out of whack.  I do not get why Smart was not on Kyrie. IT should have been playing JR and been at sg.  We should have utilized Crowder, Jerebko, Brown and Amir and Kelly to deal with LEbron and keep Thompson at bay and let Horford deal with Love.

We also should have realized Cleveland was going to come out aggressive tryiing to establish position and done the same and not lost pace.

There was little down time coming out of the last series.  We had tired legs.  We went into this series just expecting to play the same way.  We had to raise our level much earlier these playoffs then Cleveland had to. They coasted raised their level a bit but really turned it up entering this series and punched us in the mouth.

I realize we are a young team and easier said than done but that would have helped imo.

I get taking Bradley out of the starting lineup is tough though. He is one of our more experienced players. One of the few that actually played with poise too this series. Having him off the bench in that closer role might have worked too though to supplant some of that.

We still may have been blown out regardless so it doesn't really matter. Ultimately we just need to get better overall.

I agree with Brad in that regard where sometimes it's just better to develop and take our lumps.

BRadley won his matchup and that was it.  We lost 4 to 1 though which is more than ironic.  It's math.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 11:43:33 PM by CF0022 »

« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2017, 11:45:23 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
He cannot coach and referee as well. The refs need to do a better job and stop handing everything to the Cavs. They were obviously told to make sure this is the last game because we don't want the Cavs to be too tired when facing the Warriors.

Plus how many layups and bunnies did we miss tonight? He can't shoot for them either. I am proud of this team and the coach.

NBA is a disgrace ref wise agreed. something MUST be done
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2017, 11:48:30 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72
Everybody in here going to a different route than the topic at hand

I am not discussing how good of a coach Brad is or what he has done

im talking about this series and how we looked like complete losers.

At home we could not even give them a scare. How sad is that.

They got destroyed today.

I dont care If we got a game, Toronto and Indiana who did not even win one game both were much better at looking like they at least cared but were overmatched.

We just kept on getting annhiliated until Lebron and company looked at it as a complete joke.

When they were serious we had completely no answer.

I do blame that on Brad, its like the team quit, I watched Indiana and Toronto , they were beaten but it looked like an NBA game

This looked like Cleveland played the Orlando Magic

« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2017, 11:50:37 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
All right then.  Let's fire Brad Stevens and let's get one of the coaches better than him -- Steve Kerr, Mike Brown, or Tyronn Lue.  I think we should be able to make a good pitch to them, yeah?

I'm with Roy H here.  Sometimes you just go up against a much better team which Cleveland was.  I don't think Brad was really working hard during the Chicago and Washington series then got to this series and was like "ahhhh, who cares anymore"
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2017, 11:52:42 PM »

Offline CF0022

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 3
I think this team has very little to hang their heads about and this city though.  These guys know what they are doing for the most part and keep improving every year.   There are definate things to question though.   I think this team does things wrong at times.  They use other peoples negativity and then Lebron comes in here doing the same to us.  I've noticed this all year where this team shuts out stuff that are legitament criticisms and just use it like oh he's a dummy. IT did this on several occasions this year..  That isn't very smart.    It shows immaturity.  We need to be better ourselves.

This team was not prepared at all for that. I saw it coming. They are so used to the media being dummies and in alot of cases that is true.  The media can be just as close minded. 

This team has accomplished quite a bit. Not much to be embarassed about.  There's always a bigger fish though.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 12:06:53 AM by CF0022 »

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2017, 11:58:06 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
Everybody in here going to a different route than the topic at hand

I am not discussing how good of a coach Brad is or what he has done

im talking about this series and how we looked like complete losers.

At home we could not even give them a scare. How sad is that.

They got destroyed today.

I dont care If we got a game, Toronto and Indiana who did not even win one game both were much better at looking like they at least cared but were overmatched.

We just kept on getting annhiliated until Lebron and company looked at it as a complete joke.

When they were serious we had completely no answer.

I do blame that on Brad, its like the team quit, I watched Indiana and Toronto , they were beaten but it looked like an NBA game

This looked like Cleveland played the Orlando Magic

no, these home games looked like the HARLEM GLOBETROTTERS versus washington generals

we were a sideshow and got toyed with
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2017, 11:15:02 PM »

Offline rochrist

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17

No excuse. Toronto and Indiana both got swept, but seemed to put up a decent fight compared to this.

That game we won looked like a purpose gift after all the commotion about the NBA being weak (which it is)

No reason should the Celtics get roasted at home like this 3 times in one series.

Jesus. You should be really embarrassed for writing this post. Really. Bad post is bad.

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2017, 11:22:02 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton

Jesus. You should be really embarrassed for writing this post. Really. Bad post is bad.

Yea bad post...why? What is so bad about it?

« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2017, 11:29:58 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

because it does not fit the narrative.  his point is........be happy with a fluke result of winning a game instead of paying attention to performances which tell a more accurate story. Especially at home. SOme fans feel because we won two rounds we cannot analyze or criticize our ECF performances.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2017, 11:43:17 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton

because it does not fit the narrative.  his point is........be happy with a fluke result of winning a game instead of paying attention to performances which tell a more accurate story. Especially at home. SOme fans feel because we won two rounds we cannot analyze or criticize our ECF performances.

Exactly!

Everyone takes it personal , or uses own narrative, in return they get angry and then end up going off on an off topic. It's just fans becoming emotional and needing to be defensive.

The team was embarrassed as was Stevens. They might not say it, but it is the truth.

Destroyed at home. It really made me angry, especially seeing videos of the live games from fans, and them laughing. No ooh's and aahh's where our players were shutting them up. Just a [dang] party in our house as well. Sad sad sad. It just made me angry that it was a joke of a ECF.

I remember them being great battles, serious business, even as underdogs, at one point analysts fan would say,  wow the Celtics might do it again, Lebron is in trouble from 3 old dogs.

Nah , this series, analysts made fun of us. Even Perk told us "its a wrap".....
Fans all around. Making fun of the team.

All im saying is Brad didn't adjust well imo.

They did bust there asses in that game 3, but man was it a fluke with Smart shooting like Ray Allen. if they played 1 or 2 games like that at home I would have been a lot less disgusted.

« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2017, 10:12:25 AM »

• Dennis Johnson

Exactly!

Everyone takes it personal , or uses own narrative, in return they get angry and then end up going off on an off topic. It's just fans becoming emotional and needing to be defensive.

The team was embarrassed as was Stevens. They might not say it, but it is the truth.

Destroyed at home. It really made me angry, especially seeing videos of the live games from fans, and them laughing. No ooh's and aahh's where our players were shutting them up. Just a [dang] party in our house as well. Sad sad sad. It just made me angry that it was a joke of a ECF.

I remember them being great battles, serious business, even as underdogs, at one point analysts fan would say,  wow the Celtics might do it again, Lebron is in trouble from 3 old dogs.

Nah , this series, analysts made fun of us. Even Perk told us "its a wrap".....
Fans all around. Making fun of the team.

All im saying is Brad didn't adjust well imo.

They did bust there asses in that game 3, but man was it a fluke with Smart shooting like Ray Allen. if they played 1 or 2 games like that at home I would have been a lot less disgusted.

i really like CBS but when i see the same stupid decisions and play game in and game out i start to wonder is it the players or coach? I coach a different sport but same principles are involved. Don't get beat with dumb play.  play sound and smart and if they outexecute you then so be it. When i tell a player to stop making dumb mistakes and not learning they after getting chances to fix it will ride the bench.  I am struggling and finding it hard to fathom brad is espousing this to his players. if he is they are dumb as rocks and we need to dump them if they are uncoachable. so frustrating. I have no tolerance for stupidty from players, i just don't. I agree he should try more adjustments not just defensively but offensively. too often his spacing gets shut down and we have no inside gae to fall back on. with no outside shots falling spacing is useless because then teams can back off and defend drives and collapse.
LET'S GO CELTICS!