Author Topic: How can we get both Fultz and Jackson in this draft???  (Read 2533 times)

How can we get both Fultz and Jackson in this draft???
« on: May 25, 2017, 03:52:13 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I really like this kid Jackson. Saw him play a lot.  Very high bball IQ.  Kansas offense was very ball movement oriented, a lot of swinging it around.  This kid excels playing that style. Does not need the ball in his hands to make a play.  Always engaged in the game.  Really strong on the boards. Shooting is better than his reputation  I would love to get him.

But I also like Fultz an awful lot.  He seems like he could be the real deal. He can score in multiple ways, but does not try to dominate the ball. Very comfortable playing off the ball.

So, how would we be able to get both Fultz and Jackson?

Let's assume LA takes Ball at 2. Pretty safe assumption.

What would it take to get the 3rd pick from Philly? 

Would prefer not to offer up IT, given his value to our current squad. But even if I were, I don't think he fits into Philly's system, as IT is too ball dominant. Plus the hip injury is bound to hurt his market value.

Bradley would not be sufficient for the 3 pick. Bradley and Crowder?  Probably still would need more.  The 2018 pick?  Make it top 3 protected.  Does that get us in the conversation for the 3 pick with them?

If not what would it take? What would you be willing to trade for Jackson?

« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 04:00:57 PM by footey »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
The additional advantage of making this trade would free up more cap space to sign Hayward, although that is not the driving force. I would just love to get both Fultz and Jackson. I think they are the two best players in the draft, for different reasons.

Fultz can play the 1 or 2.  Brown can play the 2 or 3.  Jackson is a 3 or 4 (in small ball).

Jackson's defensive lateral movement is elite. Stevens would just love to keep him on the floor, for multiple purposes.

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I really like this kid. Saw him play a lot.  Very high bball IQ.  Kansas offense was very ball movement oriented, a lot of swinging it around.  This kid excels playing that style. Does not need the ball in his hands to make a play.  Always engaged in the game.  Really strong on the boards. Shooting is better than his reputation  I would love to get him.

But I also like Fultz an awful lot.  He seems like he could be the real deal. He can score in multiple ways, but does not try to dominate the ball. Very comfortable playing off the ball.

Would prefer not to offer up IT, given his value to our current squad. But even if I were, I don't think he fits into Philly's system, as IT is too ball dominant. Plus the hip injury is bound to hurt his market value.

Bradley would not be sufficient for the 3 pick. Bradley and Crowder?  Probably still would need more.  The 2018 pick?  Make it top 3 protected.  Does that get us in the conversation for the 3 pick with them?

I love Jackson too, but how many rookies do you want on this team. I feel like Fultz is the better prospect although I could be wrong. If Angie wants Jackson he can just talk him but I think he'll go with Fultz.

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
I really like this kid. Saw him play a lot.  Very high bball IQ.  Kansas offense was very ball movement oriented, a lot of swinging it around.  This kid excels playing that style. Does not need the ball in his hands to make a play.  Always engaged in the game.  Really strong on the boards. Shooting is better than his reputation  I would love to get him.

I love Jackson too, but how many rookies do you want on this team. I feel like Fultz is the better prospect although I could be wrong. If Angie wants Jackson he can just talk him but I think he'll go with Fultz.

I am proposing we try to get both.  I love them both. Perhaps I should have made that the topic instead.

Re: How can we get both Fultz and Jackson in this draft???
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 04:06:26 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
it would be haunting every time IT lit us up in a 6ers jersey

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 04:06:53 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Why stop there?

Can't we also add Tatum?  Think of that lineup Fultz-Brown-Jackson-Tatum-Zizic

Plus maybe we can get the top 3 picks next year too, there's good players there too...
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 04:08:12 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I want both of these guys as well.  But getting Jackson would definitely involve giving up IT4.  And even then, Jackson would have to drop a bit.  But I think there is a chance that Jackson drops to 5.

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 04:14:39 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Jackson's physical tool isn't good enough to beat out fulz
I will rather get 2018's big man prospect
We have Smart for that all-around versatility who can also shoot in big games

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2017, 10:47:15 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Jackson's physical tool isn't good enough to beat out fulz
I will rather get 2018's big man prospect
We have Smart for that all-around versatility who can also shoot in big games also shot well in one big game.

FIFY

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2017, 10:52:57 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Would have to move IT for a top pick, as he's the only thing of value we have (in terms of trading for a top pick). Not sure how good a move that'd be, considering he's our best player and we are clearly contending right now.

We should be trying to add more stars, not trading them for guys who might be one day.

Also hope Jackson can get on top of his anger/maturity issues - not a fan of 6'7" men who threaten women.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2017, 11:25:01 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Yeah, the proposals by the OP are not nearly enough.  And the you want to protect next years pick?  Come on man, you want s top three pick but still want it protected?

And like someone already said, how many young guys we want on this team?  We're not the sixers.

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2017, 10:27:37 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'm ok passing on Jackson this year.  We already need to find time/minutes to develop Jaylen Brown.

We have a chance at a very talented big man in Porter, Ayton, or Bamba next year.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 04:35:10 AM by vjcsmoke »

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2017, 10:37:38 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Don't care for Jackson. Any chance we draft Fultz and Isaac instead?

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2017, 10:48:00 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
I wouldn't do anything to give up the #1 this year, or the BRK pick next year. Both are just too valuable.