Author Topic: Ainge on Toucher & Rich (draft workouts)  (Read 9496 times)

Re: Ainge on Toucher & Rich (draft workouts)
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2017, 04:13:15 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Are we done quibbling now?  Because this really has nothing to do with the point of my comment.
Come on, man. You know me :)

I'm never quite done quibbling.

But the real answer to your question is, you can of course add Fultz and sign Howard, but this means you're preparing to let Thomas go next season.

Speaking of quibbling, don't you mean Hayward?
No. Josh Howard is a fine talent even at the ripe age of 37 :P

Reunite the Fab 5?

That's Juwan Howard.

Go Blue!

« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2017, 04:14:47 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
So many Howards. I'm confused. Wonder what the all-Howard team would look like...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2017, 04:24:33 PM »

Offline ConnerHenry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
So many Howards. I'm confused. Wonder what the all-Howard team would look like...

Dwight
Josh
Juwan

Moe
Curly
Shemp

« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2017, 04:25:27 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
That strikes me as a false dichotomy.  Why wouldn't you:  Draft Fultz and sign Hayward (a vet who can score 25 ppg)?
Is this what folks around here think of Hayward? No wonder everyone has an unreasonable fixation on acquiring him.

Hayward averaged 22 ppg this season, far and away his best. For his seven-season career, he's averaged 18 pp36 (20 over his last three seasons). All this on a Utah roster where he's had to "share" the scoring burden with the likes of George Hill, Derrick Favors, and Rodney Hood.

He's a decent piece, but he's not it. And you're definitely not getting a 25 ppg scorer, even if he's not playing next to Isaiah Thomas.

hhmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
I know this is not a thread about Howard, but I wonder to what extent we're suffering from an "other coast syndrome" (where we just don't see him play enough) and unrealistic expectation.

Hayward is, no doubt, a fundamentally sound player. I'm not sure he's all that dominant a scorer, and he's had a problem staying on the court (has played more than 77 games just once in seven seasons). I'm sure he'll be getting the max (because everyone seems to these days), but I'm definitely prepared to question whether that's particularly smart.

I agree, he's not the kind of transcendent scorer that wins titles.

He makes us better, but we're still not true contenders unless Fultz/Brown/Smart etc break out in a big way.

« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2017, 04:29:32 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
That strikes me as a false dichotomy.  Why wouldn't you:  Draft Fultz and sign Hayward (a vet who can score 25 ppg)?
Is this what folks around here think of Hayward? No wonder everyone has an unreasonable fixation on acquiring him.

Hayward averaged 22 ppg this season, far and away his best. For his seven-season career, he's averaged 18 pp36 (20 over his last three seasons). All this on a Utah roster where he's had to "share" the scoring burden with the likes of George Hill, Derrick Favors, and Rodney Hood.

He's a decent piece, but he's not it. And you're definitely not getting a 25 ppg scorer, even if he's not playing next to Isaiah Thomas.

hhmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
I know this is not a thread about Howard, but I wonder to what extent we're suffering from an "other coast syndrome" (where we just don't see him play enough) and unrealistic expectation.

Hayward is, no doubt, a fundamentally sound player. I'm not sure he's all that dominant a scorer, and he's had a problem staying on the court (has played more than 77 games just once in seven seasons). I'm sure he'll be getting the max (because everyone seems to these days), but I'm definitely prepared to question whether that's particularly smart.

I agree, he's not the kind of transcendent scorer that wins titles.

He makes us better, but we're still not true contenders unless Fultz/Brown/Smart etc break out in a big way.
An 22 ppg Hayward will be a 30+ppg Hayward under CBS and playing with IT/AL

« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2017, 04:53:10 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

Dwight
Josh
Juwan

Moe
Curly
Shemp

I hate to lump Juwan in with those other 5 knuckleheads.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2017, 05:03:37 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
i like the way this thread is going.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva