Author Topic: Ainge on Toucher & Rich (draft workouts)  (Read 9499 times)

Re: Ainge on Toucher & Rich (draft workouts)
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2017, 10:21:30 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
This is why I would stay so far away from Ball it's not even funny. The Lakers are about to make a huge mistake. He's an entitled brat who thinks he's better than he is.

The guy is going to get torched in the league. He plays no defense and isn't very strong. He runs from competition and the last time I saw him D. Fox was giving him the business. Fox is the best PG in this draft.

I don't think anyone is seeing Fultz as a PG are they? I could be wrong but I thought he was a SG that could play PG at times but that wasn't his position.
Better than Fultz?

I don't usually wish anybody this way, but I want Ball to fail badly and have a short NBA career (for basketball reasons, no personal harm).
I feel like you have it backwards.  To me Fultz is a pg that can play sg if needed.  Dude should have the ball in his hands.  Better assist stats than ball in some ways.

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2017, 10:21:58 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Ainge doing his due diligence and I love it. Really excited to land Fultz though
- LilRip

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2017, 10:23:58 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
People post nonsense to fit their own agenda.

Fultz is a point guard who can be a combo guard because he has good size and is a great shooter. But he's a very good distributor of the ball, has good court vision, and a great handle.

He's a point guard, just as much as Fox is. Just because he's a great shooter and Fox isn't doesn't make him any less of a point guard.

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2017, 10:25:45 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
- Giles, Monk, and Leaf will workout for the C's today at White Plains, NY

Part of me feels like this is subterfuge. Keeps everyone guessing what he has planned.

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2017, 10:25:45 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
I would trade #37 and 2018 Celtics #1 to move back into the 1st round to draft Giles, Ferguson or Kennard. I think Ainge can get 2 first round picks out of this draft with all his assets. Draft is too deep not to try and get another value pick.

I don't know Ferguson or Kennard, but I'm all over #37 (plus any seconds, this year or next) and #1 Celtics 2018 for Giles. Even if we drafted him and he never played a day, I'd be happy that we at least took a shot.

Mike

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2017, 10:40:57 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas

Part of me feels like this is subterfuge. Keeps everyone guessing what he has planned.
Huh?  How stupid would Ainge look if he didn't do his homework?  No subterfuge, just basic due diligence that any gm would do.

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2017, 10:46:40 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Lets put it this way.

If Ball doesn't put up Michael Jordan numbers in his first few seasons, he will be a bust  :laugh:

The way his father is hyping him up and everything, he BETTER show up, and frankly, I doubt he does. Doesn't mean he won't be great in the league, I think he can be solid and become an all-star years down the line, but I don't see "transcendent Magic Johnson-like superstar" in him to be honest.

I HOPE the Lakers surprise us all and take someone else.  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2017, 10:48:19 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125

Fultz is a point guard who can be a combo guard because he has good size and is a great shooter. But he's a very good distributor of the ball, has good court vision, and a great handle.

He's a point guard, just as much as Fox is. Just because he's a great shooter and Fox isn't doesn't make him any less of a point guard.

Wait, you can't be serious? Well then what does that mean for IT, Smart and AB? Was Fultz even playing PG at Washington? Where do the assist or ability to run offense come from if Fultz is a PG

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2017, 10:52:51 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

Or they all have the same agent.

Giles, Monk, Leaf are all signed with Excel Sports Management.  Probably easier on everybody's resources for them to all workout together.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 10:58:55 AM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2017, 10:52:55 AM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Many agents that represent PG/SG have told their clients are hesitant to work out for Boston.  To much depth.   I do not knock the kids character.   He obviously is a hard worker and in interviews seems solid. 

I'm not interested in him, but since I do not know the kid I wont pretend to know why he did that.   

I would only work out for the top 5 teams so I do not get hurt.......    Not every prospect will be as awesome as Brown is.  We have a stud in Brown.   

IT/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Jae/Brown
Al/ (JJ on a small contract)
X /(KO on a small contract)

That is my sqaud.   If we could address the Center spot  and ad a pro scorer I'd like to see that team run it back.    In a perfect world we keep Smart, Bradley and IT all on friendly 12 million dollar deals.....for 3/4 years. 

The facts are this.  With out IT we still play the "cavs" World Champs tight.    So to me a healthy IT coming off the bench would help big time.    Our guards are solid.   Bradley is awesome and him and smart will take a home town discount.....   

I really think/wish we could convince IT to be the 6th man of the year.   And turn this years #1 into potential  2018 #1 and a player like Jackson or Tatum.   
Diggles

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2017, 10:53:13 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Wait, you can't be serious? Well then what does that mean for IT, Smart and AB? Was Fultz even playing PG at Washington? Where do the assist or ability to run offense come from if Fultz is a PG

IT is a shooting guard who is too small to guard opposing shooting guards. He will be a great fit next to Fultz. AB is the odd man out, and Smart is our cheap combo guard off the bench.

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2017, 11:04:46 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas

IT is a shooting guard who is too small to guard opposing shooting guards. He will be a great fit next to Fultz. AB is the odd man out, and Smart is our cheap combo guard off the bench.
The funny thing is that Fultz is more PG than either IT, Smart, or Avery.  Fultz will be the purest pg in the team if and when he is drafted.

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2017, 11:09:25 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Many agents that represent PG/SG have told their clients are hesitant to work out for Boston.  To much depth.   I do not knock the kids character.   He obviously is a hard worker and in interviews seems solid. 

I'm not interested in him, but since I do not know the kid I wont pretend to know why he did that.   

I would only work out for the top 5 teams so I do not get hurt.......    Not every prospect will be as awesome as Brown is.  We have a stud in Brown.   

IT/Rozier
Bradley/Smart
Jae/Brown
Al/ (JJ on a small contract)
X /(KO on a small contract)

That is my sqaud.   If we could address the Center spot  and ad a pro scorer I'd like to see that team run it back.    In a perfect world we keep Smart, Bradley and IT all on friendly 12 million dollar deals.....for 3/4 years. 

The facts are this.  With out IT we still play the "cavs" World Champs tight.    So to me a healthy IT coming off the bench would help big time.    Our guards are solid.   Bradley is awesome and him and smart will take a home town discount.....   

I really think/wish we could convince IT to be the 6th man of the year.   And turn this years #1 into potential  2018 #1 and a player like Jackson or Tatum.

Hmm, there's plenty I don't agree with here. Like when IT said "bring out the brinks trucks", I don't think he had 12Mn in mind.
- LilRip

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2017, 11:09:47 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

It seems too many people are unaware that Fultz even played PG at Washington...and all his life.
This is the whole reason why many see Ainge making moves. Fultz is the BPA in a very good draft and has the highest floor out of any rookie. If IT is traded the Fultz will be our PG, if we keep IT then Fultz is good enough(and long enough) to play a combo-guard.
IMO it would be best to trade IT whenever we can get the best value, for a player that can grow along with our core:
Fultz
Jaylen
2018 BKN pick
2018 Celtic's pick ( if we trade our vets and end up having a poor record)

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2017, 11:18:58 AM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

It seems too many people are unaware that Fultz even played PG at Washington...and all his life.
This is the whole reason why many see Ainge making moves. Fultz is the BPA in a very good draft and has the highest floor out of any rookie. If IT is traded the Fultz will be our PG, if we keep IT then Fultz is good enough(and long enough) to play a combo-guard.
IMO it would be best to trade IT whenever we can get the best value, for a player that can grow along with our core:
Fultz
Jaylen
2018 BKN pick
2018 Celtic's pick ( if we trade our vets and end up having a poor record)

That's not really true.  Fultz played SG for long stretches of his H.S. career.   And at Washington, while he was definitely the official PG and primary ball-handler, just like Boston does with Isaiah, they very often ran plays that had him working off the ball.   And for the same reasons:  (a) He's really, really good as a spot-up shooter and at moving off the ball and getting a live ball in motion and (b) to relieve defensive pressure off him, just like we do with IT.

Ultimately, if you want to call him a PG-who-can-play-SG or an SG-who-can-play-PG is irrelevant.

He's projects to become an elite point-creating guard.

I see him as a modern combo-guard who, like Thomas, should be equally effective on or off the ball.

Edit: finished trailing sentence.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 01:18:22 PM by mmmmm »
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.