Author Topic: Ainge on Toucher & Rich (draft workouts)  (Read 9493 times)

Ainge on Toucher & Rich (draft workouts)
« on: May 25, 2017, 09:29:20 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
- Giles, Monk, and Leaf will workout for the C's today at White Plains, NY

- Ball has told Ainge he will NOT workout for the C's prior to the draft

Re: Ainge on Toucher & Rich (draft workouts)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 09:34:46 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
This is why I would stay so far away from Ball it's not even funny. The Lakers are about to make a huge mistake. He's an entitled brat who thinks he's better than he is.

The guy is going to get torched in the league. He plays no defense and isn't very strong. He runs from competition and the last time I saw him D. Fox was giving him the business. Fox is the best PG in this draft.

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 09:48:04 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
This is why I would stay so far away from Ball it's not even funny. The Lakers are about to make a huge mistake. He's an entitled brat who thinks he's better than he is.

The guy is going to get torched in the league. He plays no defense and isn't very strong. He runs from competition and the last time I saw him D. Fox was giving him the business. Fox is the best PG in this draft.

Better than Fultz?

I don't usually wish anybody this way, but I want Ball to fail badly and have a short NBA career (for basketball reasons, no personal harm).

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 09:50:06 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

As far as I know , the Lakers have never suggested they plan on drafting him

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 09:54:44 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I want Ball to go somewhere where his father has a hard time reaching.  I think he needs separation.   

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 09:58:39 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney

I don't think anyone is seeing Fultz as a PG are they? I could be wrong but I thought he was a SG that could play PG at times but that wasn't his position.
Better than Fultz?

I don't usually wish anybody this way, but I want Ball to fail badly and have a short NBA career (for basketball reasons, no personal harm).

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 10:02:29 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
The Malik Monk workout is interesting. I hope its a backup plan in case we trade assets for an additional lottery pick instead of a possibility of trading down.

Giles could be a good target with one of our later picks.

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 10:04:01 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 572
- Giles, Monk, and Leaf will workout for the C's today at White Plains, NY

- Ball has told Ainge he will NOT workout for the C's prior to the draft

Interesting they are working out Giles and Leaf who would seem more mid-first picks.
I'd be cool with trading all our seconds to move up and take a shot at Giles.
I'm assuming Monk is due diligence? Unless he's planning on trading down (which I pry not) Fultz has got to be the pick.

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2017, 10:09:07 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
I would trade #37 and 2018 Celtics #1 to move back into the 1st round to draft Giles, Ferguson or Kennard. I think Ainge can get 2 first round picks out of this draft with all his assets. Draft is too deep not to try and get another value pick.

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2017, 10:10:05 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

I don't think anyone is seeing Fultz as a PG are they? I could be wrong but I thought he was a SG that could play PG at times but that wasn't his position.
Better than Fultz?

Certainly not me. Fultz = scoring guard who can pass. He'll likely be big enough to guard SGs, which likely means he'll only be playing PG in a pinch.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2017, 10:13:04 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Giles, monk, and leaf are in the lower end of the lotto. Danny might be considering trading down? Maybe trading for another lotto pick. It just working out kids to get to know then

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2017, 10:15:38 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Better than Fultz?

I think he's regarded as a Harden-esque guard in that he's not a real, or typical point guard, yet still has the ball in his hands very often.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2017, 10:18:12 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
I would trade #37 and 2018 Celtics #1 to move back into the 1st round to draft Giles, Ferguson or Kennard. I think Ainge can get 2 first round picks out of this draft with all his assets. Draft is too deep not to try and get another value pick.
Nets would be a good partner with this theory and give up some of our seconds too and take Giles. They need all the picks they can get. We can hope on Giles.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2017, 10:19:05 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

Better than Fultz?

Certainly not me. Fultz = scoring guard who can pass. He'll likely be big enough to guard SGs, which likely means he'll only be playing PG in a pinch.
Fultz is a PG that due to length and ability can also play SG.

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2017, 10:20:30 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Maybe Ainge has a move planned out that will net the Celtics another mid 1st and provide more cap flexibility to go after a Hayward or Blake.  AB in a trade perhaps. 

Or he is just checking out all the possibilities in case a good trade in the mid rounds come up.