Author Topic: Demetrius Jackson  (Read 1680 times)

Demetrius Jackson
« on: May 25, 2017, 04:16:19 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Did Ainge sign this guy strictly for the Red Claws or what?
The only color that matters is GREEN

Re: Demetrius Jackson
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 06:36:58 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I don't think you are serious, but I understand your point.  C's are pretty deep with "good" players so he didn't get much of a chance this season.  I liked what I saw in SL, but he's a bit undersized.

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 07:15:33 AM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
I don't think you are serious, but I understand your point.  C's are pretty deep with "good" players so he didn't get much of a chance this season.  I liked what I saw in SL, but he's a bit undersized.

How many undersized players we need ? Seems like we r undersized at every position

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 08:33:48 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

How many undersized players we need ? Seems like we r undersized at every position

Bingo.

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 10:22:41 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
With the shuttle next year, he will be fine.  We will be king of the new CBA with all our picks and the ability to give two way contracts. We have 17 roster spots now. Perfect timing for us. I think Jackson will play some in the NBA he is a great leader.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 11:23:02 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
He is basically insurance in case we made a big trade during the year for someone like Butler or George.

He's a decent enough prospect so we'd have no trouble trading him if we needed to clear a spot/cap space

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 11:32:58 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Jackson was a second round pick who was seen as the best player available, which is how you make picks in the mid-40s.  He is not good enough to make the Celtics roster next year, and will be traded for a future (maybe mildly protected) second this summer.  He's got 3 team-friendly years left on his deal, and has shown enough in the D-league for someone to take a flyer.  If he can crack a rotation as a backup PG in years 3 and 4, his salary (the minimum) will be a bargain for his new team.

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 10:50:15 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Jackson was a second round pick who was seen as the best player available, which is how you make picks in the mid-40s.  He is not good enough to make the Celtics roster next year, and will be traded for a future (maybe mildly protected) second this summer.  He's got 3 team-friendly years left on his deal, and has shown enough in the D-league for someone to take a flyer.  If he can crack a rotation as a backup PG in years 3 and 4, his salary (the minimum) will be a bargain for his new team.

But Ainge gave him a 4 year deal...
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2017, 11:54:08 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Did Ainge sign this guy strictly for the Red Claws or what?

Didn't you hear?  He's already the best point guard on our roster? ;) ;D

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 01:08:09 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

But Ainge gave him a 4 year deal...

It's a negotiation. Danny gets to keep a player under team control for four years if he becomes serviceable. In return, the player's agent demands more than the minimum and a partial guarantee.

It's a win-win. If we need to move Jackson, he has an easily tradeable contract.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes