Author Topic: If we get rid of Crowder, enough $$ Hayward?  (Read 4228 times)

Re: If we get rid of Crowder, enough $$ Hayward?
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2017, 01:43:03 PM »

Offline BostonClamCrowdah

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 14
Kelly is not good and Crowder is easily replaceable

Not sure why so manny here are so attached to mediocre players

Sure, give up Bradley then. Whatever, neither of those guys I'm gonna lose sleep over
Hopefully you have been reading some of the responses on why Crowder may be one of the least replaceable pieces on the roster. And, seriously, your name is BostonClamCrowdah, how could you not want him to remain with the team?

Sure hed be a valuable piece off the bench

But if you're passing on Hayward because you don't want to lose Crowder, you're a helpless green teamer who can't objectively look at the team and see what needs to be done

Nobody here is passing on Hayward to keep Crowder. They are keeping Crowder over AB since he will cost tens of millions of dollars more than Crowder. There is literally an exponential effect on contract dollars when a team hits the luxury tax.

Most every scenario involves bringing in Hayward, but there have to be sacrifices in doing so.

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2017, 02:51:22 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Kelly is not good and Crowder is easily replaceable

Not sure why so manny here are so attached to mediocre players

Sure, give up Bradley then. Whatever, neither of those guys I'm gonna lose sleep over
Hopefully you have been reading some of the responses on why Crowder may be one of the least replaceable pieces on the roster. And, seriously, your name is BostonClamCrowdah, how could you not want him to remain with the team?

Sure hed be a valuable piece off the bench

But if you're passing on Hayward because you don't want to lose Crowder, you're a helpless green teamer who can't objectively look at the team and see what needs to be done

Nobody here is passing on Hayward to keep Crowder. They are keeping Crowder over AB since he will cost tens of millions of dollars more than Crowder. There is literally an exponential effect on contract dollars when a team hits the luxury tax.

Most every scenario involves bringing in Hayward, but there have to be sacrifices in doing so.
Explain to me why the team would sign Hayward, then make "sacrifices"? What is the point of signing Hayward if you don't then try to win a title in the current window? If they just wanted to be very good and wait until LeBron fades, they would just play out the hand they have and hand small forward over to Brown within a year or so.

I can see us moving on with Crowder/Smart/Rozier because if we add Hayward and Fultz, we will have other players that are better that can play those minutes. That isn't true of Bradley. If we go for it, there is no point in going for it half way.

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2017, 03:23:43 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
IT/AB/Smart/Hayward/Brown/Fultz/Rozier

We wouldn't necessarily be making 'sacrifices', but what is the point of having 7 players who can easily play most of their minutes at one of the guard positions? One of IT/AB/Smart has to go.

I am also not of the mindset that we are going all-in even if we do sign Hayward. We could win a championship with major injuries from the Warriors or Cavs, but it won't be until at least 2019 or 2020 when their cheap max contracts become unaffordable and they become much more mortal.

Danny will likely continue the long road - building with our surplus of top 3 picks while remaining ultra-competitive. I think many here would be devastated if we dealt Fultz for a guy like Butler.

No matter how this off-season goes down, I will be extremely surprised if Danny moves Crowder for anything less than an all-star (being the key piece that goes out). That is how important his contract is to this team.

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2017, 04:07:00 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
You can't keep everyone but keeping Crowder as the first froward coming off the bench would make us a good team. If we draft Fultz and were lucky enough to get Hayward you would move 1 or more likely 2 of:

1. AB - a little injury prone and will be up for a new contract soon
2. Smart - say you love him all you want I don't care, he hasn't proven enough yet, sorry!
3. Rozier - already fighting for minutes and would be at the bottom of the roster

I do like all 3 but that's just reality folks.

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2017, 04:10:47 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
You can't keep everyone but keeping Crowder as the first froward coming off the bench would make us a good team. If we draft Fultz and were lucky enough to get Hayward you would move 1 or more likely 2 of:

2. Smart - say you love him all you want I don't care, he hasn't proven enough yet, sorry!
3. Rozier - already fighting for minutes and would be at the bottom of the roster

He literally saved our face and pride by out-playing LBJ in the ECF
That's more than enough for me

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2017, 04:27:17 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

He literally saved our face and pride by out-playing LBJ in the ECF
That's more than enough for me
This offseason(assuming we select Fultz) we are going to have to pick between Bradley and Smart. There doesnt seem to be any other way.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.